Just Keep Running

Partners

He runs and runs and runs with a black bag on his back. He is panting so hard yet he couldn’t have care less. What is more important is to escape from the police tailing him. So he just runs towards the direction as instructed by the other person on the line.

“Turn right,” the voice orders.

Jongin turns right at the junction right before him. His mind is starting to get distracted by the amount of police’s siren behind him. Not because it is his first time, it is already the 48th bank he robbed, all by himself, but this time Jongin has done quite a big mistake by not shooting the security guard first.

“How far is the car?” he half-shouts.

“Just keep running,” the voice answers recklessly.

“I’m tired. And injured,” he states, as if it is not obvious that the voice has seen him running for more than 5 kilometres.

“Well, your fault, who asked you to be so dumb?” the voice answers with the same tone.

“Baek, this is not funny!” he groans with a slight whining.

“Left,”

Jongin runs to his left and suddenly turns back the other way around when he sees a group of alley dogs.

“What the ?!” he shouts as he runs faster when he hears the dogs chasing him while barking loudly. The voice chuckles softly, almost to a giggle, “That’s what you get for flirting with random girls earlier,”

Jongin sees a familiar car ahead of him. Instinctively he runs towards the car and reaches for the unlocked door and gets into the car in a split second. Settling the money-filled black bag in the passenger’s seat, he quickly starts the engine and speeds off the alley while taking off his mask and beanie. Then he remembers the argument of the voice.

“That’s for work!” he defends himself with his eyes fixed on the road. The car is on full speed but he controls it skilfully, avoiding any obstacles while heading towards the motorway and follows the usual route to their house. The sirens are still heard, but they are fading seconds by seconds as they can’t catch up with his speed.

“I know. If it’s not I would have made you run into a lorry,” the voice comes again. Out of a sudden, a loud crash sound comes from Jongin’s back. When he eyes his back through the rear-view mirror, he sees a lorry almost horizontally blocking the road.

“ you,” he mutters with a frown on his face as he realizes Baekhyun is not joking. In fact, his life depends on him. Without Baekhyun guiding his escape, Jongin must have been arrested or died a long time ago.

“Ouh, is that a promise?”

“You’re such a possessive ,” he says when he heard Baekhyun giggling through his earpiece. He swears those giggles are seductive and he knows the other man knows it.

The voice giggles again, “I love you too, Jongin,”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave comment juseyo!