Explosion

Partners

“Get off me,” he growls. His voice is so low that almost everyone couldn’t hear it. Yet he is sure that particular giant with Yoda ears hears him well, be it because of the extremely large ears or the diminishing space between them. He is about to growl again and maybe kick the giant’s shin when the latter’s gaze on him change into a glare, “Shut up, I don’t wanna do this either,” he mutters under his breath and turns to the front with a fake smile for the other guests while snaking his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes while looking down. He is starting to regret his decision to follow Chanyeol to this party.

Oh wait, it’s not even his decision.

The two continues acting like a normal guest, mostly with Chanyeol acting clingy like a possessive husband over Kyungsoo, before he effectively excuse both of them to the gents. As soon as they reach the toilet, the giant immediately releases his grip on the smaller’s hand, “What is your problem, tard?”

Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows at the expected sudden change, “You’re over-acting for God’s sake. You should notice that by now. It’s the zillionth time I’m telling you,”

The taller scoffs and crosses his arms while leaning against the wall, “Oh you think so, huh squishy? Do you have any other plan then?”

Kyungsoo shrugs. This situation annoys him to death. All the acting suffocates him but this one giant in front of him is the biggest problem of all. This giant’s presence was once a blessing for him, but now he starts to feel like planning on how to get rid of him. Unfortunately, he can’t. No matter how hateful they are to each other, they are stuck by each other’s side for… maybe forever.

A beep sound successfully interjects their glaring contest.

Kyungsoo watches as the giant furrows while reading the message, “What is it?”

Chanyeol looks around to make sure that each cubicle is empty, “New order,”

“WHAT?!”

“Ssshhh, don’t shout will ya?”

“What new order, we are not even done with this,” he frowns. They are seriously going over the boundary.

“I don’t know, it’s very vague. Seems like there is a new plan all over again,”

Oh my. New plan is the last thing Kyungsoo wants to involve with at this rate. He is already suffering with the existing one. It has been months. It feels like years. He is tired and he knows this stupid giant in front of him is tired too.

But they can’t stop.

A deep sigh is heard a few seconds after. Kyungsoo raises his lowered head and sees the giant grumpily takes off his transparent earbud under his earlobes. By the look of it, he is sure the man is going to blurt massive profanities.

“We’re leaving in 5,” the tall man says without looking at him. Kyungsoo nods silently, suppressing the urge to rebel. Skilfully both of them take off the wires from each other’s back under their shirts. The atmosphere becomes very silent and tense.

A round metal at the top corner of the washroom catches Kyungsoo’s attention when his head swiftly looks up, “Yeol,” he calls.

Chanyeol looks at him and sees Kyungsoo staring at a direction. He turns his head towards it and quickly scrutinizes every other corner until his gaze lands on another familiar object under the sink. Seeing that object his eyes widens, “Run!”

As if on cue, Kyungsoo grabs the wires and both of them dashes out of the gents, passing a few confused guests. They run to the nearest exit and down the stairs, jumping a few steps to reach outside faster. Chanyeol almost stumbles when a loud explosion comes from a few levels upstairs but Kyungsoo is fast enough to pull him up and keep running down.

They are already at the 3rd floor when another explosion is heard and the consequent booms come faster than expected. Kyungsoo is already out of breath but this time Chanyeol tugs his sleeves and runs faster so Kyungsoo has no choice but to keep up with his pace.

They reach the ground floor when the 5th explosion comes, followed by a few wall and ceiling crumbs falling on their heads. Soon they exited the building to a few panic guests and passer-by   surrounding the hotel. When he looks up the building is already tilting a few degrees to the left. The other man sees the threatening fall, “Get away from the building,”

A loudest explosion comes right after, with fires jolting out of the entrances. As Kyungsoo is tailing Chanyeol further he hears screams and sirens mixed up like a mess in the commotion.

“Yeol!” he calls. The giant looks over his shoulder, “What?!”

Kyungsoo forces all his energy to get closer to him, “Yeri,” he pants, yet successfully getting the other’s attention, “Yeri might be in danger,”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave comments juseyo!