7th Letter

For Nam Woohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Nam Woohyun

(even his dark side had never made feelings that I have for him diminished at all)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello, Woohyun oppa.

 

 

 

It’s eight morning o’clock now and I’m located in Lausanne, Switzerland. Absolutely unbelievable, oppa, I've come this far. Today, I plan to explore every corner of Lausanne and taste different kinds of chocolate in this city. If I’m not mistaken, people said that the most delicious chocolates are in Switzerland, right? Don’t be envy if I'm able to drink the most hot chocolate in the world with extra marshmallows.

In this letter, I want to tell you a little fact that had been known to everyone; dark and light are always together. We won’t know light without dark, not much different from yourself. Although sometimes the dark side of you scared me, but there is always a moment where I hope to see it again. Because one thing I know for sure, that side always appears when you try to protect me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day when I first saw the other side of yourself was a sunny day, the sun was shining in the sky of Seoul. I turned my feet along the corridor alone. It was during recess but unfortunately I was asked to see Miss Cha Eunsang – my homeroom teacher – in the teacher office, located right at the end of third year corridor. Actually there was nothing special from that corridor, it’s just like other corridors. But in our school, third year corridor was sacred to the juniors. I also didn’t know since when exactly the seniors began to behave as if the corridor was their territory, they often tease the passing juniors, moreover to a first year like me.

I took a quick and long strides toward the office, lucky me, the corridor looked really quiet that afternoon. I didn’t even meet with any senior. Maybe they all went to the cafeteria? I have no idea. After finishing my business with Miss Eunsang, I stepped my foot back in a flash. Trying to get away as fast as I can remember break hour would end soon. But it seemed my luck didn’t last long because about eight steps before I reached the stairs that led me down to the second year corridor, I could hear heavy husky voice calling me from behind.

 

"Pst."

 

 

I stopped, at first I wasn’t sure if the person who was called was me. But after glancing to the rest of corridor and found that I was the only person who was there, I sighed. My gaze stared straight to one of our seniors, Leo. That time, two words automatically appeared on my mind; I'm doomed. A boy with tall figure was staring at me from toe to head, while he was staring me, his feet kept walking until he was standing right three steps in front of me. I swallowed hard. Rumors around the school said that the figure standing before me with sharp gaze had a bad reputation. Much worse than you.

"Is your name Han Eunbyul?" Leo asked with chin slightly raised. His body language seemed to say that he was the ruler of this corridor and I had to submit to him. In a low voice, I replied.

 

"Yes, sunbae-nim." Leo looked at me, his eyes narrowed as if he was thinking about something.

 

"So you’re that Han Eunbyul who's dating with Nam Woohyun?" He asked again, made me almost choked. Well, I knew the rumour that we were quite close had spread throughout the school.

 

"I'm not, sunbaenim. I'm not dating Nam Woohyun."

 

"Then who are you to him?" Leo cocked his head, his sharp eyes made me feel very intimidated. I just couldn’t move. I mean, what kind of respond should I give him? I wasn’t your girlfriend at that time, but at the same time I knew that we’re not just friends. After pondering for a while I decided to answer.

 

"I'm his junior." Leo immediately snorted, at a glance I could even see an amused smile that was about to appear at the corners of his lips, but a second later vanished as he returned chewed his lips into a thin line, looked at me seriously.

 

"You're cute. No wonder why Woohyun likes you." He said at that time, made me open-mouthed. His eyes were piercing me.

 

 

 

 

I was afraid, oppa. Especially along the corridor there were only two of us. Leo was silent for a moment, I thought he did that to gave me time to breathe because the next moment he stepped way closer, almost closed the distance between us. Scared me half to death.

"I wonder what would Woohyun do if he finds you're here with me alone?" Leo's tone suddenly changed lower, making me having goosebump. God, help me. I stepped back, trying to widen the distance between us. But unfortunately my back hit a cold wall.

 

"Sunbae-nim." I put my hand on his chest, trying to push Leo’s body which unfortunately was getting closer. Leo then bowed his head on my eye level. I held my breath. Too close, oppa. The distance between us was too close. I could even feel my legs began to tremble.

 

"Shh." Leo smiled crookedly, he then looked at his watch and snapped his fingers. "Can you hold in this position for a minute? The game's going to be fun soon."

 

 

 

 

 

Just after Leo utter that sentence, I could hear footsteps coming from the stairs. Seemed like third year students started to arrive, first I wanted to breathe when I realized that fact. But apparently my bad luck wasn’t over because when I glanced towards the stairs, I  only found the other students could only stay still as seeing the sights before them.

Quickly, I turned my face as far as possible as if casting a glance for help to them. But instead of helping, it seemed they were too scared and prefered to watch. The crooked smile again appeared on Leo’s lips, I could even feel his warm breath on my skin.

"You're actually pretty, Eunbyul. But pity. I-" I never knew what Leo was about to say, because before he finished, I could hear a strange cold voice but familiar at the same time interrupted.

 

"Take one step closer towards her, and I'll break your neck." I drifted my eyes to the source of that voice and found you were looking at me and Leo with obvious emotion clearly visible in your eyes. Hoya, Sungyeol and Sunggyu were standing right behind you.

 

"Finally you come." Leo smiled satisfiedly, he then removed his face from me. I was ready to run away as fast as lightning when Leo stretched out his right hand, prevent me from walking past him while his gaze focused towards you. From the corner of my eye, I could see his eyes locked right at you, ignoring Sungyeol, Hoya and Sunggyu.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Leo.. Leo.. If you miss us that badly, you can chat us on KakaoTalk. Isn’t it right guys?" Sungyeol interjected with mock expression. Playful smile which usually installed in Sungyeol’s face changed into a deadly grin as he lifted his chin toward you.

 

"Yeah." You glanced at Sungyeol for a second then you're back at Leo, looking at him innocently. "Or maybe you could LINE us, Leo. I'm willing to have a sticker war ‘till morning with you. I just downloaded a new one." I could hear muffled laughter rolled out of the crowd behind you, Sungyeol, Sunggyu and Hoya. But it seemed they understood that the situation wasn’t conducive right now, so they immediately shut their mouth shut.

 

"I'm not a kiddo like all of you, for your information." Leo snorted before saying that. Honestly, oppa, back then I really didn’t know what your problem with Leo was. But the way you looked at each other, I bet that it's not a small problem. You clutched your tongue.

 

"Yeah maybe you’re right, I’m a kiddo, but I'm not a sissy who dragged women into our affairs. Don’t take Eunbyul to this problem, Leo. I know you're not a sissy." Your voice tone sounded dangerous as you continue. Wry smile slowly appeared on Leo's face before he turned and glanced me with pursed lips.

 

"Han Eunbyul, can you tell your friend to have more respect to me? I'm still their seniors.” He said casually.

 

"Senior like you? Don’t make me laugh." Sunggyu sounded mocking when he asked that question. Leo immediately turned his eyes off me when he heard Sunggyu. He then shook his head as he chuckled softly.

 

"I’m not being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter