2nd Letter (Part I)

For Nam Woohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear nam Woohyun.

(who act like an arrogant and cold guy but ask extra marshmallow for his hot chocolate)

 

 

 

 

 

Hello Woohyun oppa.

 

This time I’m on a train passing from Pisa towards Venice, The City on Water. This town is known floats on water and is identical to the symbol of love, like Paris. It’s raining heavily on outside, oppa. Beads of water attached in the train window to make the atmosphere more melancholy. It’s really the right time for me to tighthen my sweater and play back our memories. At first I was reading a book called ‘In Love With Ghost’ by Springnfall. A book that became my fifteen birthday gift.

It’s a beautiful story of a woman named Jieun who fell in love a ghost named Woohyun, like your name. It all began one morning when Woohyun found Jieun and asked for her help to complete his unfinished affairs in the world. He was throwing Jieun entered his little world that full of problems, dive in to understand how Woohyun real figure was. So they began their adventure to find the person who was responsible for Woohyun’s death, which nearly destroyed his family, too. Jieun know gradually, behind Woohyun’s figure as a mysterious, cold and introvert ghost, he’s actually very fragile and did a lot of sacrifice for those he loved. Jieun ended up fall in a forbidden love. Do you know why I write about them, oppa? Because consciously or not, this story was the one who brought us to one another. Oh, and don’t forget, your love for music.

 

 

OST

 

On that day, exactly one week after the first day I met you, I came to school alone. Myungsoo suffered a quite severe chickenpox, so it required that poor boy to rest at home for longer than he should. I quickly walked to the notice board to find out which classroom I placed. My eyes scanned tens of name directly in front of the board. And soon as I found my name and Myungsoo placed in the same class, I immediately breathed a sigh of relief. At least if I don’t have a friend in the class in future, I would always have Myungsoo at my side. And I was grateful for it.

In class, we pulled some random numbers to determine who would be our chairmate. I got number 28, which means I would obtain a seat in the back. Not a problem for me. At least I could cover my sleepy face in boring classes later. My chairmate with number 27 named Bae Suzy. She’s beautiful, quite tall with long hair and always wear pink kashmir cardigan. We were given a free class that day. My homeroom teacher said we should first familiarize ourselves with one another, there was nothing special in my conversations with the other girls.

They were busy discussing about the latest liptint and massive sale by one from very well known branded stores. While I knew nothing about things like that. I was just about to get up from my seat and chose to be alone and read a book when I heard one of my friends named Hyeri declaring that she had a crush on a senior who always carried a guitar wherever he goes. I quickly sat straight up, sharpen my hearing and trying to absorb all the information I could hear. Although I didn’t know who Hyeri was talking about but somehow I was sure that that person was you.

 

If I thought about it again, how foolish I was. I didn’t even know your name and we only met once. But why did I get excited when I hear my friends talk about you? As if being  able to know a little more about you will make my day better. From the petty gossip I learned that that your name was Nam Woohyun and your reputation in this school were not too good. Your name and the word 'naughty' or 'troublemaker' were often spoken in the same sentence. I didn’t deny their words at all, yet I realized it really fits with the way you look, a little messy.

After some investigations I just knew that it turned out you're a trainee at an agency called Woollim Entertainment, along with some of the pupils of this school which were also your best friends. You and your friends quite well known because you’re a trainee the agency that had debuted Epik High and Nell, and other famous singers at the time, until now. According to my friends, you and your friends were the type of flower boys who must be avoided if you don’t want to get into trouble during your years in high school. A few minutes later they changed to the main topic and even this time I chose to step aside. Back to my seat, drown myself once again in Jieun’s adventure Jieun. Alone.

 

At first all felt good, I was enjoying to read and drowned in my own delusional world until I couldn’t stand the noise in front of me. Quickly I took a look, found my friends were whispering to each other, glancing furtively towards the door. I follow their gaze and in the next second, my body froze up. Because, the person that was standing in front of the door of my classroom who with slightly rumpled uniform and messy hairs and also carrying a strapped guitar like a backpack was you.

You looked relaxed, yet firm and cool at the same time. Looked much different from the boy I had met behind the school one week ago. I wondered to myself, was this your real figure? Then which part of you that you show me back then? Although you radiate cool and creepy impression, somehow it looked right on you. Your figure that standing at the door was shining. Shining a dangerous impression, but didn’t not reduce your charms at all. From behind me, I could tell my friends hold their breath. Probably amazed at your charms? I had no idea.

A couple of seconds later I could hear someone moved her chair and Hyeri’s sweet voice.

 

 

"Sunbaenim, who are you looking for?" She asked at the time, trying very hard to sound as gentle as possible.

 

 

I could see it, oppa. Expectations. Expectations filled that poor girl’s eyeball. She looked at you expectantly, as if the next answer that you’re bringing indicated that it was her who you were looking for. But Hyeri must be willing to swallow back her expetations when you’re busy distributing your eyes to the rest of the class and ignored her.

Somehow, you looked as if you were looking for something that day that made me lower my head deeply. Cover it with my  In Love With Ghost book I was reading, I hope that it was able to make me invisible. All of the students in the class in the end chose to close their mouths tightly till silence began to envelop the room for quite a long time. No one dared to put out a single word. In fact, they’re even afraid to sneeze. After a long time, you finally opened your mouth.

 

"I..." you began, deliberately hang your sentence that made we all curious.

 

"I want to borrow the brightest star in this class. Whose voice like a dying animal when she sings."

 

 

 

 

OST

 

I might look calm on the outside, oppa. But actually I've cursed you many times in my heart. Jeez, why did you have to say like that in front of them? But your words were enough to make me lowering the book I used to co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter