2nd Letter (Part II)

For Nam Woohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BGM

 

“Two hot chocolates with marshmallows, anything else?" Asked a waiter named Sungjong who noted our orders that time. I glanced toward you who still focused read the menu before turning your gaze to Sungjong.

 

"I want extra marshmallows for my chocolate." I told him and Sungjong replied with a nod. You then closed the menu in front of you and glanced at Sungjong with hesitation, made me raise an eyebrow at you.

 

“Uhm.. I also want extra marshmallows." You added shyly, successfully made me and Sungjong laughed. After Sungjong went, I looked at you with an amused smile.

 

 

 

 

"Seriously?"

 

"I was trying not to say it, but you make me can’t resist that huge urge." You folded your arms across chest this time, looking at me with an annoyed look mixed with shame. I chuckled.

 

"Totally unpredictable. Someone like you ask for extra marshmallows." I said, still not able to eliminate an amused expression on my face. This time you devoted your elbow on the table and cupped your head in both hands, looked at me straight in the eye.

 

"Someone like me? I wonder what kind of person I am in Han Eunbyul eyes?" You asked bluntly, made me briefly paused in confusion for a while. I took my elbow on the table and look at you while resting chin on my palm. A tiny smile playing at the corner of my lips. Your eyes were still focused to me, very keen to hear what kind of answer would be ejected from my lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You are unpredictable." I said at last.

 

"Unpredictable as to what? This isn’t just about my marshmallow right?" You looked at me confusedly, I shook my head slowly.

 

"Your attitude changed. You're confusing me with which one is the real you." It looked like you didn’t know what I mean because I could saw obvious wrinkles on your forehead. So I sighed before continuing.

"The first time I met you was on the orientation day, you looked... friendly. Although I admit, I could see the little creepy impression from you." I paused, gave you pause to absorb my words. "Earlier this morning, in the classroom, you looked one hundred and eighty degrees different with you that I met in the school yard. You're grumpy, cold, and intimidating. But now? You're back to being yourself like in the back yard of our school. I don’t understand."

 

 

I then leaned back in my chair and crossed arms over my chest, staring at you sitting right in front of me with an enigmatic smile playing on your lips. I quickly looked away, my cheeks were heating up when I saw that smile. In inside, I wished I could have the ability to read minds like Edward Cullen, so I could peek at what was actually hidden behind your mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Eunbyul-ah.." You called slowly, turned to me with an expression that suggested you to continue what you said. "Do you know that according to psychologists, human beings have multiple versions of themself?" This time I was frowning.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Yes, so there are several versions. Three of them are version of themselves while on the public, version of themselves while being alone, and version of themselves when with their people they’re close with." Your eyes seemed to shine when you explained it to me, as if we initiated the topic of conversation really interesting for you. And somehow sparkle in your eye ball made me feel warm again. I threw a huge grin at you.

 

"You don’t seem like the type of pyscology guy."

 

"Believe me, I'm not. But I just want you to know that the new theory I like to relate to your statement about me that is unpredictable." You even raised both hands and form the index finger and middle finger to resemble the quotes for the word unpredictable. I nodded my head, sign of ‘I understand’, you then smiled satisfiedly before leaning back in your body that had skewed towards me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So the conclusion?" I asked, you tapped a finger on the table, your eyes directed to the trees outside that were visible from the window next to us.

 

"The conclusion is  the one you saw in front of your classroom was a version of myself in public." You then turned your eyes to me, your eyes were serious this time. "And what you see now, is the version of me that I can show to the people I’m close with."

 

 

 

 

For a moment I was taken back, I mean, how could you said that you in front of me now was the version of you with people you’re closed with? We just knew each other and I wouldn’t even know your name if my friends didn’t talk about it in class that morning. Without me knowing, I rolled my eyes.

"I don’t even know your name. How can you indirectly saying that I was one of your close friend?" My voice sounded sarcatic, I really couldn’t help it. But again you're actually doing something that couldn’t be my prediction. Mischievous grin appeared on your lips when you said.

 

"Don’t lie, Eunbyul. I'm sure you know my name." You said lightly, made me want to throw my shoes on your head in that instant. I rolled my eyes again.

 

"Yes I know. But that's not the problem."

 

"If you know my name, why don’t you just call me by my name before?"

 

 

 

Again and again, oppa, you have that ability, to change the subject of the way you were outspoken. You always managed to make my focus distracteds. I breathed upsetly, blew my bangs and  frowning. While you're laughing and satisfied to see me. Before either of us had time to let out a voice, Sungjong arrived with our orders. For a moment the surrounding around us was only silence and you remove the silence with sound of you sipping hot chocolate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two glasses of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows, later we were sitting face to face in silence. Busy with our own thoughts, I could faintly hear the strains of an old song that was playing with low volume by the owner of the café. Epitone Project’s, perhaps? I don’t know.

"You like music?" You asked suddenly, breaking the silence who had been wrapping us. I shrugged.

 

"Who doesn’t like music?"

 

"Where do you usually hear songs from?" You asked again, making me wince.

 

"iPod. Why?" You didn’t answer me and prefer to returned enigmatic smile, smile that I like so much, even until now.

 

"Where is your iPod? I want to see." You said and reached out your right hand to me. I grabbed my backpack and began to open it, looking at the usual spot where I put my iPod.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why?" I asked, putting a blue iPod touch of mine on your palm.

Again you’re silent, busy reaching into your pockets as if looking for something. A second later, you issued a latest black iPod black that looked had fell frequently, a lot of scratches were there, but you showed it to me as if that iPod was the most valuable thing that you have in the world. I can guess from how you behave, surely that was your beloved iPod.

 

"Look, Eunbyul, my favorite thing. All my world is here.” You said proudly, your expression really looked like a little boy who was showing off his favorite Gundam.

 

"I want to see your song collection first. You should also look around mine, who knows we have some similiarities."

 

 

 

 

 

So I nodded obediently and began to look around collection of s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter