6th Letter

For Nam Woohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Nam Woohyun

(who managed to make my entire family love him just in first meeting)

 

 

 

 

 

Hello, Woohyun oppa.

 

 

Now I'm on a bus that took me straight from Venice to Switzerland. It's going to be a long journey. Luckily I got up early so I could take the time to go to the nearest convenience store and buy some snacks. Oppa, honestly, at first I was confused about what I should write in my letter this time. But last time I accidentally saw a pile of chicken nuggets sold in the convenience store, my mind immediately thrown on one incident that happened a few days after I attended your first gig – precisely after Myungsoo hit you for no reason.

 

And that's how you met my mother.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t think that what happened in my previous letter turned out to be much bigger than it looks. News about me 'ran away' from home to attend your gig finally reached to my parent’s ears. Dad could only chuckle as he tousled my hair when he heard the news while my mom began her endless nagging. If you're wondering how that news got to them, the answer was only one; Myungsoo.

One day after mom and dad returned from Jeju, they both instantly gathered me and Myungsoo in living room. Unrelentingly mom threw questions like, 'How long have you been closed with Woohyun?' Or 'How does Woohyun like? Is he a good boy?' to 'Where does he live? Can I see his house?' I was being silent all the time, letting Myungsoo who answered all the questions given by my mom. Occasionally I would add that I don’t agree with Myungsoo’s answers. After the 'interrogation' which lasted for a long time, my mom finally leaned back on the couch and looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"Eunbyul-ah." My mom called with motherly tone. I turned around.

 

"Yes, mom?"

 

"Will you meet Woohyun in school tomorrow?" Mom asked, making me wince.

 

"I don’t know. Maybe. Why?" I replied, didn’t understand where the direction of our conversation. Mom smiled and said relaxly.

 

"If so, tell Woohyun tomorrow, to have lunch at home. I want to meet him."

Me and Myungsoo who was sitting next to each other immediately stare mom in horror, my eyeballs almost popped out while Myungsoo who was sipping his hot tea got choked.

 

"What for?" Question that I and Myungsoo cast simultaneously. Quickly I turned toward Myungsoo that stared back at me with murky expression, as if he was constipated. I'm sure my expression itself was more severe than that. Mom just laughed softly when saw me and Myungsoo who looked certainly very ugly.

 

 

 

 

 

"Why do you become panic? I'm not going to do anything to him, you Eunbyul, just take him here, okay?"

And with that, mom and dad turned around and went into their room, leaving me and Myungsoo who could only stare, didn’t dare to guess what will happen the next day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning, I went to school with Myungsoo. Along the way I was silent. Somehow, I really felt annoyed at Myungsoo. Everything won’t be this complicated if he instantly gave me permission to go to your gig. Honestly, oppa, I don’t even know what was mom’s intention to invite you for lunch. Mom isn’t the type of person who likes to embarrass others, even mom is one of the most loving person I've ever known. But still I was worried.

I lead the rest of day with a messy mood, I felt like hitting everyone’s head, including the head of my physics teacher who heartlessly gave us 50 questions for homework. My day was really a mess. When the bell rang, I approached Myungsoo’s table and told him to wait a little while because I wanted to meet with you to tell about mom’s lunch invitation.

After that I stepped unsteadily toward dance studio, where you and your friends got together after school. Without knocking first, I directly opened the door violently, slamming might be a more appropriate word.

 

 

 

 

 

OST

 

 

Made you, Sunggyu and Hoya chest shockly while Sungyeol fell over his chair.

 

"Eunbyul-ssi, you came here so calmly today." Sungyeol commented sarcastically as I walked in while installing a forced grin.

 

"Sorry, sunbaenim. Did I make you shocked?" Sungyeol was looking at me as if saying 'what do you think?' for a few seconds before saying with a dolphin voice.

 

"No, Eunbyul. I fell because of the wind, not because of the sound you slamming door earlier that sounded like a bomb exploding in my ear. Nope."

 

"You blame the wind?" Hoya asked, shaking his head with a serious look. Sungyeol directly put on poignant expression.

 

"Because I don’t want to blame you, my love."

 

"Stop it you punk, that's disgusting."

Sunggyu directly hit Sungyeol’s head with empty plastic bottle nearby, making Sungyeol rewarded him with a dangerous look before starting to pull Sunggyu’s hair that was neat furiously, while Hoya could only laugh out loud. I smiled a little, at least looking your friends behavior who seemed insane made my day a bit better. I then turned my gaze to you that stared back at me with worried expression.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What’s wrong, Eunbyul? You look upset."

 

"Do you have plans after school?" I asked directly, you were motionless for a few moments before mischievous smile appeared on your lips.

 

"You want to take me somewhere? Glad to be invited first." Without being able to control myself, I landed my hand on your waist and pinched it hard.

 

"Woohyun oppa, I'm seriouuusss." I wailed in upset and shame tone. You groaned and grabbed my hand that was still pinching your waist and releasing it slowly as you chuckled.

 

"Okay okay. No I don’t. Why?"

 

"My mom wants to meet you for a lunch. Mom and dad know I 'ran away' from home that time." I said those words as I frowned upsetly, didn’t forget to emphasis on the word ‘ran away’. You looked at me with a regret look for a moment.

 

"Sorry, Eunbyul. Because of me, you're in trouble now." I shrugged, hinted that it wasn’t a big deal. "But it's funny, it’s like going to meet with future parents-in-laws."

You added innocently with an expression that immediately made me pinched your waist again. God oppa, you made me embarassed. After saying goodbye to your friends— who certainly threw a wide variety of taunts like, ‘Yahaaai, Woohyun-ah don’t forget to send me your wedding invitation, okay?’, ‘I want to be your Ring Man.' And ‘He doesn’t need a Ring Man on his wedding day you moron.’— the two of us then walked toward the parking lot, from a distance, I could see Myungsoo who was waiting in front of his car which unfortunately next to your car. Arriving in the parking lot, I stood among you awkwardly. I mean, whose car should I take? I knew if I go and come back from school with Myungsoo everyday. But that day, I had asked you to come to my house, I felt bad if I let you driving alone. It seemed Myungsoo can read my face because he said quietly, but enough for both of us to hear.

 

 

 

"Byul, get in." I glanced Myungsoo with hesitation.

 

"Umm, but Woohyun oppa—“

 

“It's okay Eunbyul, you can go with Myungsoo. I'll follow you."

I thank you interrupted me at that time because I didn’t even know what I want to say the truth. I nodded obediently and then got in Myungsoo’s car and we drove as you followed right behind. Along the way, I prefer to be silent. Honestly, I was still annoyed with Myungsoo’s attitude who always turn to be a jerk everytime you’re around.

 

 

 

 

"Byul, how long do you want to be mad at me?" Myungsoo called softly as we had been through a half way. I snorted loudly, I hate the fact that I and Myungsoo couldn’t fight for a long time.

 

"You’re too much, don’t you know that?" I said curtly as I cast the most intimidating glance towards Myungsoo while that man stared back at me as if he's an innocent saint without sin.

 

"Too much like what?" Myungsoo asked as if he didn’t hit you that night.

 

"Why did you even punch Woohyun on his face? The one who ran away from home was me." Myungsoo laughed when heard my question, he just shrugged and chewed on a smile, made me more upset.

 

“It’s gentleman's business. Ladies won’t understand." Without being able to hold it, I casted a harsh blow to Myungsoo’s shoulder as a manifestation of my upset feelings since yesterday.

 

"What's that for? It hurts!" Myungsoo directly moaned, his eyes staring at me as if I had betrayed him.

 

"You deserve that." I put on nonchalant expression and sticking out my tongue. While driving, Myungsoo rubbed his shoulder that I just hit before. I'm sure his shoulder won’t bruise or something, I didn’t hurt him that hard. Female power, remember? Myungsoo then glanced at me briefly before said,

 

“This is actually your fault after all, who told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter