4th Letter

For Nam Woohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Nam Woohyun

(who always managed to make me do crazy things that I never even imagined before.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello Woohyun oppa.

 

 

I decided to stay a bit longer in Venice, I love this city. More precisely, I fell in love. Street lights were sparkling, twinkling stars in Venice’s sky were clean, the air that distinctive smell of sea water, everything blends beautifully. I love being in here. For a moment, I even had time to regret my decision because of continuing school in London rather than in Venice.

See? Only with simple things like this city has been able to pursue me to stay here any longer. Not much different from what happened to us isn’t it, oppa? Your cute smile, the way you looked at me and our small chats, all of them are enough to make me survive. Relying on you even though I know the risk of what I would face in the future. Always as simple as that, what we had is always that simple.

 

 

 

 

 

 

OST

 

 

 "His name is Nam Woohyun, one year older than you. His father have the oil company while his mother is a famous former model, grade in class isn’t too good. At least, he could do biology and love math the most. Well, even though his math grade is also standard. His appearance is a mess, at ten grade he fights and get into a lot of troubles according to the teachers, he is one of the students that should be avoided if you want to get out of this school with a good  name." Myungsoo said everything at once while throwing Rubik in his hand, his body resting on my bed while I sat with lips moved forward a few inches at my desk chair, looking at him with disapproval. I blew my bangs that fell over my forehead.

"Noisy, I already know that." I replied curtly.

 

And I didn’t lie, everything that mentioned by Myungsoo have known by me first. From where? Of course from you, you told me everything on night chat session.

 

 

 

After a discussion about In Love With Ghost novel in that evening, you took me home. I remember when we finally arrived in front of my house, suspicious big smile printed on your face, made me wonder what you're thinking. My question answered when you open your mouth.

"I've finished reading your novel, it means that from now on I get permission to call or send you text, right?" You asked without further ado, I immediately held my breath.

 

At that moment I really didn’t know what kind of respond I should give. If I nodded, I was afraid you’ll think I was too pleased your sugestion and assume that I like you. But if I act indifferently, I was afraid you’ll think I didn’t like your sugestion and didn’t even call me. Then after you threw that question, I choose to remain silent and bit my lip for a moment before nodding a little. Since then, you contacted me quite often. Or at least sending me kakaotalk text when your days busy. We were close enough..? Well, we can say so.

But at school we rarely talk to each other, I could understand because you’re certainly busy with your routine and I was unlikely to leave my friends just like that, moreover I have Myungsoo. Usually when we ran to each other, you’re only going to look at me with glance and threw a small smile, it’s even quite invisible. But it's enough for me.

 

 

 

 

"Byul-ah, are you listening? Geez, I’m talking to you, don’t daydreaming!" Myungsoo grumbled while flicking his finger on my face repeatedly. I exhaled sharply and brushed his fingers from my face.

 

"Yes, chatty. I can tell which is right and wrong, Myungsoo. You shouldn’t worry too much, as long as Woohyun oppa didn’t do weird things to me, you don’t need to worry. Moreover, if he does something I don’t like, I will complain to you.” I said, didn’t forget to smile reassuringly. Myungsoo was always lika that, protective. I could understand his attitude because my parents entrusted him to take care of me.

 

"I still don’t like him. But you have to promise me, if something happens, if you want to go out with him, you have to tell me." I nodded firmly.

Not a difficult thing, I thought at the time. Since the first time we became friend, I and Myungsoo are always like that, there is no secret that between us. I always tell all the things that happened in my life to him and so did he. Or at least, I think so.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, I remember walking alone in the corridor across the room with a sign saying 'Practice Studio' on the door and heard the sound of music and boys laughter. More precisely, your laughter. So I decided to look to the right and to my left, making sure no one saw me when I pressed myself against the room door, trying to peek inside, or simply figure out what song you played.

I was lucky because it was lunch hour so that almost all parts of the school went to the cafeteria, even Myungsoo complained his hungry stomach during class. Even though I was standing right in front of the door, I still couldn’t see clearly what you’re doing in there, with high curiosity level, I was busy peeking at the crack in the door though I couldn’t see anything. A few seconds later, when I was just about to turn and walk away following Myungsoo to cafeteria, I found you opened the door, looking surprised to find me standing right in front of you.

 

 

 

OST

 

"What are you doing here, Eunbyul?" You winced, but your eyes looked bright happily. I wiggle my legs, awkward, nervous, you name it.

 

"I was going to cafeteria, but accidentally heard a sound from inside. Curious." Small laughter glide smoothly on your lips.

 

"Then why didn’t you come in? I was inside." You said lightly as if it was just  as easy as turning the palm of my hand.

 

"Precisely because you're in there." I said automatically, uncontrollably.

 

"What?" I immediately threw a huge grin, trying to look as if I didn’t say anything.

 

"No, nothing." Unsatisfied expression was visible for a while but eventually you chose to shrug and grinned.

 

"If so, come in. I want to introduce you to my friends." My first instinct was to reject the offer.

 

"What for oppa? I’m… shy."

 

"Don’t have to be shy, come on." You chuckled before grabbing my wrist and pulled me into the room as if you too often found girls peeking you practicing.

 

 

 

 

That day, I met up with your friends, I became acquainted with a figure who wasn’t too thin but also not fat. He wore glasses with trend frames with neat black hair. "That’s Lee Howon, but usually called Hoya. He is the lead dancer and our dance instructor as well." You said, pointing toward the boy who was sitting on the floor. Hoya then raised his right hand toward me and smiled a little.

"You’re Eunbyul, right? Woohyun couldn’t stop talking about you since yesterday."

 

I - of course - immediately glanced at you with cheeks begun to heat up, while yourself just giggle and chose not to respond to Hoya’s teasing. You then introduced me to Lee Sungyeol. Tall, white skin and expressive round eyes, you said he was vocal.

"Finally I could meet the legendary Han Eunbyul." Sungyeol said raising his eyebrows with an ignorant look to me, made me couldn’t help but s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter