5th Letter

For Nam Woohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Nam Woohyun 

(who always managed to make me feel like I’m an important part in his life.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello Woohyun oppa.

 

 

 

Today is my last day in Venice. Well, to be honest I’m little unwilling to leave this city. I still want to be here any longer, sitting alone on the hotel balcony, looking at the clear rivers that surround the city with a cup of hot chocolate while replaying back our sweet memories, but unfortunately ended tragically. Being in this city, at least makes me aware of one thing; that everything that happens to us, it should work that way. Perhaps, if we’re still together today, we both couldn’t achieve our dreams.

Maybe I won’t wear a white coat and hold a medical degree, while you may not release more than ten albums and have world tour. I think this is best for us, but if that is the best, why is it hurt so much, oppa? I still remember that night, sad night years ago that I passed alone in London because you chose to give up what we have.

I remember when Myungsoo came to visit and knocked my door. He smiled slightly, looked at my swollen face with sympathy, holding a small box. Without enthusiasm, I picked up the box and opened it slowly. At that time, I found a CD. An album, more precisely. The cover consists of 7 men in stage clothes with white, blue and black color. Blue block letters printed in medium size, writing the word INFINITE Over The Top with infinity logo.

That second is when I realized that maybe it's been like that way, you with your life and me with my life. This is the only way you can achieve your dreams. At that time, a broad smile etched on my face, along with tears started flowing from my eyes. I didn’t cry because I was sad, oppa. I cried because I'm proud of you. Proud of all the effort and hard work that you went through in order to achieve your dreams.

 

Although you sacrificed our relationship, one thing you should know, Woohyun oppa; I'm always proud of you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was almost nine o'clock in the evening when I arrived at the cafe where you had your small gig that night. I quickly gave the ticket in my hand to one of the skinny guard who stood at the front door and immediately stepped in. The cafe was crowded, I could  smell cigarette smoke mixed with sweat. You know it most, oppa, I hate cigarette smoke. I also hate everyone who smokes this thing, so revolting, I think.

But that night in order to see your performance, I was willing to overcrowded among dozens of other visitors. Standing around a few meters from the stage, hugging myself. On the right and my left, all of them were just a sea of ​​strangers, I've never been comfortable being around people who I didn’t recognize. But that night I didn’t care, my focus was only you.

At first I thought that I was too late, the clock was shown at Nine and most likely you've finished singing or worse, you're home. But lucky me, I could sigh in relief as a cute girl with an acoustic guitar who had been singing on stage resign and announced that the next singer who would perform was Nam Woohyun. Do you know the feeling you get when you walk alone in the morning, at the moment the atmosphere is so quiet and the air you breath feel so fresh?

Everything felt so right up to the point that I felt like floating. I feel something like that when you had stood on the stage. Among the cheers of the crowd, I could see you with plain brown T-shirt and black jeans that slowly emerged from behind the stage, a guitar with shabby stickers that had become a your trend mark also completed your look that time.

 

"Hey guys, I’m Nam Woohyun, I hope you all enjoy listening to the songs that I'll bring.” You said warmly, made me suddenly grinning.

Applause indicating enthusiasm from the audience opened your performance that night, I folded my hands in front of chest, head swayed to the guitar melody that flows in slow tempo. I didn’t know what song you bring that night, but I was willing to bet, that song was yours.

 

Close your eyes and listen carefully to my story
Before my story ends, you will dream
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you

When I first met you, it was truly eye-blinding
When I first saw your smile, I felt like I had the whole world
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you

When I see you fast asleep in my arms
I can’t take my eyes off you for a second
You’re so pretty – I feel like my breath will stop
How can I fall asleep?

My love, my everything, my angel from heaven
My two eyes, my world – you stole them all
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you

When I see you fast asleep in my arms
I can’t take my eyes off you for a second
You’re so pretty – I feel like my breath will stop
How can I fall asleep?

Close your eyes and listen carefully to my story
Before my story ends, you will dream
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you

My love tonight
All night, I will watch over you
Forever, I will watch over you

 

 

 

 

The lyrics were simple, Woohyun oppa. But when you sang that song, accompanied by guitar’s melody and enigmatic smile that neatly installed on your face, you managed to show a strange tingling feels in my chest. It felt almost like eating too much cotton candy. Sweet, made my heart beat a million times faster. I didn’t know exactly how long your performance last, after singing it you brought some other songs that were quite popular at that time.

I enjoyed every second of it, looking at you with draped guitar and standing mic, everything felt so right. I want to go back to that moment, oppa. Moments where you're just a seventeen years old boy who frequently perform at a small gig in order to take his dream, while I merely naïve girl who always followed you wherever you go. At that time it all seemed so easy, so simple. But aren’t I selfish to hope like that? Although now I can easily search you on youtube and watch dozens of your concerts there, it felt different, oppa. Okay, okay, enough talking about what I want.

After you finished your performance, I walked alone to the toilet which happened to be located behind the stage. My lips involuntarily humming the songs you just brought. My body felt very light, I really enjoyed that night. My footsteps and songs directly hummed from my lips stopped when I heard someone called my name. Carefully I twisted my body and found Sungyeol’s figure who stood up with mischievous grin on his face.

 

"Hi, sunbae." I said, waving in hesitation.

 

"Hi Eunbyul, it turns out you also come to watch Woohyun’ performance? Wow he would be so happy if he knows." Sungyeol said again more to himself, making me winced. Sungyeol blinked, seemed to couldn’t believe my figure that standing before him. Sungyeol then guided into a room with a door that read "INFINITE" that was printed on white paper. Sungyeol immediately breezed into that while screaming excitedly.

 

 

 

 

"Woohyun-ah! Woohyun! Hey , Eunbyul is here!"

I was still standing at the door. Somehow, my feet suddenly felt stiff, I was even afraid to step inside. I inhaled deeply before finally peek into the room. Automaticaly small smile appeared on my lips when I found you looking at me with a shocked face. 

 

"Hi." I said shortly while smiling towards you, Sungyeol, Hoya, a man who I assume to be Sunggyu, and three other men who replied me with an amused smile. Sungyeol then walked to my side and stared at Sunggyu while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

"Guys, here's the legendary Eunbyul." He said excitedly, like a salesman who was promoting products. "She's cute, isn’t she? She's cute, right? She's cute, of course!" He continued again made the whole room chuckled s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter