Sunshine

X Is For A Soft Kiss, O Is For A Circled Hug (XOXO)

LUHAN GOT THAT GOOD GOOD 

This is it (except maybe I'll have an epilogue...if you guys want it). This is it. Love you all. 

It's been a good ride.


In the morning, Kyungsoo woke up alone in his own bed with the covers up to his chin, a steaming hot cup of milk tea on the desk at his feet, and a very irritated Sehun staring at him from a few inches from his face.

Kyungsoo yelped and sat up. Sehun blinked, then sat back on his heels. "You're alive," he said, tone suspiciously neutral. "You've been asleep for fourteen hours."

The cat hybrid patted himself down. "I-I guess." He looked around. Sehun's side of the room still looked an exploded makeup factory, his own desk was still absurdly messy, and Jongin's "borrowed" sweater was still at the foot of the bed. So why did it feel like something was missing?

Oh.

The previous night flooded in quickly, and Kyungsoo started to panic.

"Wait, why am I--where's--what's the--" Kyungsoo tumbled off the bed, headbutting Sehun in the chin and kicking him while scrabbling for the calendar that hung by the door. The red Xs marking off the days had stopped a month ago, an indication of Sehun's failure to keep up with Kyungsoo's meticulousness. Kyungsoo flipped through the flimsy stapled papers, then turned towards Sehun, still on the floor. "What the f is today's date?"

"It's--it's the 25th--"

"S ."

Kyungsoo sat down hard on the floor. "Today's Kai's episode. And...and yesterday was the anniversary of when my mom dropped me at the foster home..." He slapped the ground. "I have class!"

Sehun watched as Kyungsoo slipped trying to get to his feet and collect himself enough to get dressed. "Hey, stupid, you've been excused from class."

Kyungsoo looked at the lion hybrid through the sleeve hole of a tee shirt. "What?"

"You don't have class. Baek and Channie are getting your work for you. You're excused."

"What about you?"

"I am too, because you need supervision. Apparently, a roommate qualifies."

Kyungsoo slipped the tee shirt on fully. "Oh. So what do I do?"

"I dunno." Sehun looked around. "Wanna get food? My treat. There's a great restuarant outside the gates."

Kyungsoo sighed. "Sure. Fine." 


Sehun and Kyungsoo had just finished their breakfast (it was twelve o'clock but Sehun said the first meal was always breakfast), moving to a garden on school grounds to digest, when Kyungsoo's phone rang. He pulled his phone out from his pocket. The number was unknown, but it looked vaguely familiar. Kyungsoo answered and brought his phone up to his ear. "Hello?"

A mess of noises burst from the speaker, followed by an excited-sounding Amber. "Soo! Soo? Hey, can you come down to the administrative building? We're in the conference room."

"Why?"

Another jumble of noises, now more identifiable as voices, spilled out. "Just come. It's urgent. That's not the right word. It's important."

By this point, Sehun had crept to Kyungsoo's side to try and listen in. Kyungsoo pushed his roommate's face away. "O-okay. I'm coming."

A woman started crying in the background, and Amber hung up.

Sehun stared at Kyungsoo. "So?"

"Amber wants us in the admin building," Kyungsoo said, putting his phone away and standing up. "I don't know what it is, but it sounds big."

Sehun chuckled. "That's what she said."

Kyungsoo's aim had improved since the beginning of the year, and the rock he threw hit Sehun square in the face.


Luhan and Xiumin were waiting outside, the wolf hybrid smiling faintly and the deer bouncing on his feet. 

"Soo! Hurry!" Luhan waved at the two, then ducked inside the building. Xiumin waited for Kyungsoo and Sehun to enter before following, as silent as a ghost.

Amber stood in front of the conference room, a hand over and--shockingly--tears on her face.

"Oh my G-d." Kyungsoo grabbed the bear hybrid's wrist. "Are you okay?"

Amber moved her hand away, revealing the huge smile she was hiding. "Beyond that," she managed. "It's--Kai is--it's--G-d."

Kyungsoo stuck his head in cautiously at first. Jongin was standing in the center of the room, laughing. Yonghwa was on the phone with someone, talking quickly under his breath. Lay stood at Jongin's side, elbow resting on the wolf's shoulder, and Tao was shuttling around food. And in the corner, Jongin's mother was crying. When she saw her son's boyfriend, she smiled, and the tears started fresh. 

"Kyungsoo! Oh, Kyungsoo, it's amazing," she said, words stuck in . She gestured towards the cat hybrid and caught him a bone-crushing hug.

Kyungsoo patted the older woman on the back, off guard and confused. "What's going on?"

Jongin pried the smaller boy away from his mother. "I have no idea," he admitted, grinning like a fool. "But my episode--it's not coming. My episode isn't coming this time, and Yonghwa says there's a slight chance I might never again."

Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin's face, stunned. "You're fing with me."

"I'm not, I swear I'm not."

Kyungsoo looked at the caretaker, who waved and smiled. 

Jongin hugged the smaller boy tightly. "Yonghwa says that sometimes miracles happen," he said. "And then other times, miracles of miracles happen."

"What does that mean?"

"I might be cured." Jongin shook Kyungsoo around gently in his arms. "I might be fing cured."

Yonghwa put the phone down, dropping it onto the conference table with a loud clatter. The people in the room stilled, turning towards the suddenly authoritative ox hybrid. He cleared his throat, solemn.

"So, Jongin," he started. "I just called up some of my friends from the werewolf study I was a part of. They're going to need to run some tests to see how it happened, but..." He his lips, then smiled. "The chances are pretty good that you're finally done."

The room exploded in cheers. Sehun, who had snuck in at some point, tackled Jongin from behind, roaring. The usually tense air between Yonghwa and Amber disappeared, and they hugged. Jongin's mother wept, no longer able to formulate words, followed suit by Luhan, who cried into Kyungsoo's shoulder with Xiumin grabbing them all into a hug. 

Kyungsoo yelped and shook Jongin by the shoulders. "Omigodomigodomigodomigodomigod!"

Jongin swept Kyungsoo around, laughing, then pulled him in for a kiss.