Counter

X Is For A Soft Kiss, O Is For A Circled Hug (XOXO)

The evening after meeting with the counselor to plan out his future, Kyungsoo found himself bingeing on brownie brittle with Sehun while watching We Got Married on a 28% charged laptop.

 , he thought, brushing crumbs off of his blanket. This is exactly why I'm not going to be a surgeon

Just as episode one of the Yongseo pair ended, someone started pounding at the door. 

"Who is it," Sehun called out, putting another piece of brownie brittle in his mouth.

"It's Kai!"

"Go away."

Kyungsoo shot Sehun a look and went for the door. "I'm coming."

Jongin was completely drenched, from his not-so-fluffy-anymore ears to his bare feet to the shirt dangling in his left hand. It didn't take too long for Kyungsoo to realize:

His boyfriend was shirtless. 

And he looked good.

"I--I--what h-happened?" he sputtered, forcing his eyes up from Jongin's abs.

"That Chase kid decided it would be a good time to nominate me for the ice bucket challenge," Jongin said, pushing into the room. "Without my consent, clearly."

"It's winter."

"That's the point."

Jongin took what was left of the brownie brittle, prompting an outraged cry from Sehun. "Uppurntly," he muttered through a mouthful of chocolate. "Hish furnds didn't like what you shehd abut dem being pieshes of  ." A thick swallow and satisfied sigh. "This is good stuff."

"When did you..." Sehun started to ask, then trailed off.

Gears whirred in Kyungsoo's head for a good amount of time before he realized what Jongin was referring to. "Oh,  ," he said, closing the door slowly. "Yeah, I got mad at them when they tried to trip me down the stairs."

Sehun and Jongin looked up from their respective activities at the same time.

"What?" Sehun demanded, sitting up straight. "Those  did what?"

"Trip me...down the stairs?"

Sehun and Jongin exchanged a look. "You could've died," Jongin said.

"One of our friends from elementary school fell down the stairs and was in a coma for, like, a week," Sehun added.

"Well, I didn't get a coma, so..."

"Still, that's bad." Jongin handed the brownie brittle bag to Sehun, who sniffed in disdain at the sparse crumbs inside. "And Chase is mad at me?"

"For being a  , I guess. And because I told his buddies what they needed to hear."

"Those sons of...aish." Sehun leaned back against the wall. "What are you going to do?"

Kyungsoo blinked. "What am I going to do?"

"Yeah, to get back at them. You know, revenge."

"I--why do I need to do that?"

"Because they're treating you unfairly, Soo. And you've got to prove to them you aren't having it anymore."

Kyungsoo stared, then looked over at Jongin, who nodded in agreement. "I have to...prove something?" he repeated.

Sehun smiled wickedly. "Oh yeah," he said. "And you've got a good team to back you up."


When people started showing up at Kyungsoo's door two days later, Kyungsoo became very worried.

First came Chen with a bottle of neon pink liquid.

"Why do we need that?" he asked, pointing at the hair dye.

"Haven't you read Looking For Alaska?" Chen said, raising an eyebrow and smirking. "You poor, uncultured child."

"But why do we--"

"Part one of Mission: Chauvinist Shakespearean Lemming Takedown."

"What the ?"

"Just go with it."

The second visitor--or trio of visitors--came while Chen was eplaining his latest English project.

"Hi, Luhan, Kris, Suho," Kyungsoo said, nodding at each student.

"So we're here to plot revenge?" Luhan asked, bouncing on his toes. 

"I--I guess so."

Sehun chuckled from inside the room.

Kris held up a plastic bag. "Sehun asked me to bring four women's underwear sets."

The chuckling became roaring laughter, and Kyungsoo kicked the back of Sehun's chair.

Lastly, Lay and Baekhyun showed up at the same time.

"...is going well, actually, so if you want to take a look--" Lay looked over at Kyungsoo, his and Baekyun's conversation abruptly interrupted by the open door. "Hello, Kyungsoo! That's a lot of people. Hi, Kris!"

"Hi, Lay."

As soon as all the people were assembled--Jongin had been quietly watching from Kyungsoo's bed--Sehun cleared his throat and clasped his hands very professionally behind his back.

"I have gathered you all today here for an extremely important mission, one that involves the safety and well being of my precious kitty over here and his boyfriend poodle."

Jongin growled.

"Now, all of you have special skills specially tailored to the completion of this mission--" ("Chauvinist Shakespearean Lemming Takedown!" "Shut up, Chen.") "--and we will require full use of all of them. Are we ready for me to disclose the details of said expedition?"

"Hurry up already," Kyungsoo groaned.

The plan was remarkably simple, considering how many people were involved. Chen, being the genius he was, would create packets of the pink dye that would later be put on the showerheads of the boys who made Kyungsoo's life miserable so that when they went in to shower--they had paid for the single rooms with their own bathrooms, a luxury--the water coming down would be an obnoxious pink. The Dragons would be there for distraction purposes, with all of them being present for legitimacy, while Lay would go inside to "inspect" their rooms and put the dye in place after Baekhyun made it seem as though girls had been in the boys' rooms--against school rules--with the women's underwear Kris had brought, using keys Chen had swiped earlier. Suho, using his bargaining skills and charisma, would make sure the boys got in trouble while keeping Kyungsoo's side out of it.

"Won't we get kicked out for something like this?" Kyungsoo asked, turning to Kris.

The wolf hybrid shrugged and smiled a rare amused smile. "Not if we don't get caught," he said.


The plan was in action another two days later.

Kyungsoo and Jongin, surrounded by the Dragons, went up to Chase's room and knocked on the door. When he came out, it was clear he didn't expect to see the rule enforcers of the school.

"Oh. Uh, I..." he stuttered, then looked over his shoulder. "Give me a moment."

He closed the door, and there was the sound of something scraping before he opened it again. "What do you want?"

Kris cleared his throat. "I would like to speak with you about some...allegations that have been made against you."

"What allega--" Chase's eyes landed on Kyungsoo and Jongin and narrowed. "The ?"

"May I come in?" Lay asked, chillingly cool as ever. "Just to take a look."

"What am I being accused of?"

"Possession of certain substances. Now may I go in?"

Chase swallowed, Adam's apple bobbing. "Well, sure, but you won't find anything."

Kris and Luhan exchanged a glance.

Lay pushed not-so-gently past Chase into the room, the door slamming into the wall inside, and Kris cleared his throat. 

"How are you?" he asked, smiling a smile that half-resembled friendliness.

"I-I'm good."

"How's classes--"

"Hey, guys, we may have a small problem."

Everyone froze and looked into Chase's room, where Lay kneeled next to the desk, staring intently at something underneath it and sliding one of the shelves in and out.

Luhan slipped by to join his fellow Dragon. "What's up?"

Lay reached behind the desk, felt around for something, and pulled out a large bottle of rum.

"I think we need to have a talk with you, Chase," he said.


Kyungsoo and Jongin sat on the cat hybrid's bed, headphones in with High School Musical on, not talking but still knowing all they needed to. Like when Kyungsoo groaned at the cringe-worthy parts. Like when Jongin swayed to the dance numbers. Like when they squeezed each other's hand during the love scenes.

When it was time for dinner, Kyungsoo abruptly shut the lid to his laptop, eliciting a disappointed whine from the wolf hybrid. "We've got to eat," he reminded the larger boy now sprawled out across his lap.

"Don't wanna."

Kyungsoo sighed and Jongin's ear. "You will want to, you fuzzball."

Jongin rolled over so that he looked up at Kyungsoo. "I can't believe we didn't get to pull Sehun's prank today," he said, grinning.

"I can't believe Chase had all that illegal stuff and only got caught now."

"Do you think the Dragons planted it?"

"No." Kyungsoo tilted his head, thinking. "Kris was actually confused, and Luhan was complaining about how now they had to do paperwork or something."

Jongin grunted and closed his eyes. "Lay didn't look surprised."

"He never looks surprised. He never looks anything but creepy."

Both of them laughed.

"Let me just take a nap, and then we can go to dinner." Jongin flipped onto his side and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy.

Kyungsoo smiled down at the peaceful boy on his legs and sighed again, completely resigned but completely okay with it.