Chapter 2: Mark

Let Me Hear Your Voice (Sequel to Time Bomb)

Chapter 2: Mark

 

 

October 12th, 20xx

 

I was wearing my burgundy jacket as I waited for her on the park bench. The autumn breeze combed through my hair and I zipped up my jacket.

 

From: Baby <3

 

Sorry, I’m going to be a bit late!

Give me another 10 minutes!

Mwuah!

 

Grinning, I went to the nearest concession stand and bought two small coffees along with a piece of bread to feed the birds. The pitter patter of my heart made me feeling nervous and I started looking at my watch. Come on…

 

Another light breeze hit and leaves from a nearby tree fell. There, in the distance, she ran towards me with the brightest smile. “Mark!” Placing the cups of coffee and slice of bread down on the bench, I opened my arms and she crashed into me; her natural warmth set me on fire.

 

“I missed you,” burying my face into her hair, she grinned and gave me a peck on the cheek.

 

“We saw each other yesterday.” Laughing, the both of us walked down the path towards the little lake where we saw pigeons flocking around. I took out the piece of bread and broke it into tiny little crumbs.

 

“This is nice,” Saehee said as she tossed the pieces around. Suddenly, a bird flew onto her shoulder and started nudging her cheek with its head. It made a subtle cooing sound.

 

“Xero! Come back!” a voice called out and the bird flew towards a younger girl who had brown hair and wore dark blue jeans paired with a “Save our Planet” t-shirt. “I’m sorry about him, he gets so excited during Autumn.”

 

“He’s cute,” Saehee commented, “Did you train him?” The owl chirped as if it was responding to the question for his owner.

 

“I’m a bird trainer,” the girl replied, “well… not professionally… yet. Oh, I’m sorry! My name is Luna!”

 

“I’m Saehee, and this is my boyfriend Mark.” My cheeks flushed when she said “boyfriend”. It was a warm feeling.

 

“The both of you are so cute!” she squealed. Xero, shocked by his owner’s excitement, flew onto my head and spread his wings.

Click click!  “Definitely my new wallpaper!” Sae laughed.


 

“Definitely my new wallpaper! ...defini…. wallpap…”

 



December 4th 20xx
 

 

Beep…. Beep… Beep…. Beeeeeeeeeeep

 

An annoying sound woke me up but all I could see was darkness. The dream was still fresh in my memory. The antiseptic smell hit me and I started to become dizzy. Then, careful footsteps were heard and I froze, immediately closing my eyes. I wasn’t alone in this room.

 

The sound of clothes sliding and shifting here and there made me nervous. Who’s there? I wanted to speak but my mouth became dry from the excess medication. Slowly and almost-silently, I reached for the oxygen mask and pulled it off of me. The room lights and off and almost instantly, I felt my throat close up from the close proximity of the stranger. Wearing all black and a face mask, he pinned me down on the bed with his hands wrapped around my neck. My breathing started to come out in staggered gasps and black dots appeared every where. I could feel myself slipping but I knew if I were to survive, I’d have to fight back. The way the stranger smiled was like the doll Chucky did. It was devious, evil and terrifying as if he was trying to tell me something.

 

“Get the hell away from me!” I rasped and my hand flailed around to find the Help button.



 



 

“...ar… Mark honey? ..da… Darling?”

 

I shot up and smacked my head against something hard. “Ah…”

 

“Oh god, that hurt!” a girl’s voice cried out and I looked up while caressing the bump. “Sheesh Mark!’

 

“Tammy? What are you doing here?” Looking around the room, I saw my whole family. “Where am I?”

 

“Oh gosh, what do… re...ber…?” My focus started to fade as I saw the red lines forming once again. They hovered above in an eerie font.

 

“Mark….! Mark!!!” I felt myself being shaken and my vision started to clear. However, the numbers were still there.

 

“Joey… Look in the mirror.” I said and my younger brother frowned. Shrugging, he walked over in the mirror and checked himself out.

 

“What’s wrong with my face?” he glared.

 

“Oh… I… just wanted to point out the ugliness in you.” I nervously joked. Why can’t he see them?

 

“Mark,” Mom walked up to me and placed a hand on my head, “are you feeling alright?”

 

“Yeah, I guess…” Honestly, I feel like crap. “Mom… where’s Saehee?”

 

The room door opened and Yugyeom walked in with his uncle trailing behind. His expression was unreadable but I knew something happened. Sora came a little bit later, “Mark, you’re awake!” Placing a black bag on the nightstand she smiled and ruffled my hair. “How are you feeling?”

 

“I’m alright,” I replied, “but… Where’s Saehee? Everyone keeps avoiding that question.”

 

The room was silent until Yugyeom’s shaky voice spoke up, “She’s… She’s in a coma.” Coma… Co… ma… It didn’t register in my mind until an image of her blood on my shirt appeared. “Can I speak to you alone hyung?” My family reluctantly left and the room became suddenly quiet and cold. “Mark… There’s something that I have to tell you.”

 

“What... is it?” A shiver went up my spine. The dark red number appeared and a searing pain rushed through my head. “Ah…”

 

“Do… do you see red numbers?” his question was careful. I looked up at him, alarmed. “Those numbers that you see… My sister saw them too.”

 

I knew I was in for a joyride.

 

 

 


Sorry for the late update! Was busying studying for exams >.< This chapter is kind of a filler chapter but *hint hint* there's something important in this chapter for future reference. Something major will happen in the next two chapters! Look out! <3