Chapter 9: Saehee

Let Me Hear Your Voice (Sequel to Time Bomb)

Chapter 9: Saehee

 

Nostalgia. The whole place reminded me of everything. As I took off my shoes at the door, images of my Dad greeting me while sipping his coffee appeared. My nose was looking for Mom’s special galbitang while my feet subconsciously led me to the living room. The sound of the door locking took me back to reality and everything vanished. I was standing in the middle of darkness. I was reminded that my parents were in jail and my brother was at the police station with my perpetrator. With shaky legs, I made my way to my parent’s office and started looking through filing cabinets and desk drawers. I need answers. The first drawer had a few papers in it while the second only contained an assortment of keys. Hours seemed to have gone by; it almost seemed like I was walking in circles.

 

Bzzt.

 

Dinner?

-Markiepooh

 

That sneaky idiot. Frowning, I changed his contact name with goosebumps trailing along my arms. Looking up, the clock on the wall screamed “dinner time”. I shot him back a text before placing my phone on my dad’s desk and continued looking through the office. Walking towards his bookshelf, I noticed a brown box with a deformed keyhole. It was unusual and there were scratches on the outside. This is worth looking into. I rummaged through his desk again until I found the drawer full of keys. There was at least fifty of them, big and small. it up, I started trying them out.

 

Bzzt.

 

What are you doing?

Text me back soon T_T

-Mork

 

Three keys.

 

Bzzt.

 

Heyyyyy. Talk to me!!

-Mork

 

Ten keys.

 

Bzzt.

 

Babyyyy! I’m lonely and hungry!

Read my messages!!!

-Mork

 

Seven keys left.

 

Bzzt.

 

I miss you…

-Mork

 

Last key.

 

Bzzt.

 

Watch your back, Kim.

-+82-506-385-2568



 

Jamming the key into the hole, I gasped as it clicked in. The lid sprang open and greedily, I flipped the box upside down, spilling the contents onto the table. Papers, blueprints, a small address book and another key scattered onto the desk and immediately, I reached for the closest blueprint. It was a sketch of what looked like the foundation of a building. At the top it was labeled FT:A. Moving on, I grabbed a sheet of paper with a long table on it. It was a chart that laid out a budget plan. The rest were sketches, writings, and… a legal document.

 

Chachuk

I felt something against the back of my head and my blood ran cold. “Drop the paper.” His voice was chilling to the bone but I knew who he was. “I should have killed you. I shouldn’t have let you live.” The air inside me was out as I was thrown onto the ground; the area where he hit me tingled. “That didn’t do anything I asked her. Useless.” The gun was still pointed towards me as he grabbed the document and the key. I couldn’t feel my body. Everything just tingled.

 

“Why…?” was all I could say and he laughed. His shoulders shook in fury and his smirk looked sarcastic. Turning around, his eyes bore through mine with black irises; they showed no emotion.

 

“Why? What do you mean why?” the pointer finger that hovered close towards the trigger started to shake. “It was him that betrayed me first. He wanted to follow through with it. If he didn’t bail out, we would have been rich!” One step closer. The veins in his head protruded and his expression changed. It was… scary. “He always got whatever he wanted.” Another step. “He was always loved by everyone else.” Four more steps. “He was given everything, but me? I had nothing. I had to work from the bottom, up like a slave. It wasn’t fair. I’M THE OLDER ONE!” He knelt down in front of me. “Your father was always given everything. But this,” he whipped the thick document, “this was what I worked so hard on. I spent almost my entire life on this. I was too nice back then, too considerate of other people. I was stupid enough to offer this to him.”

 

“There… was a catch wasn’t there?” Bang! Screaming, I opened my eyes and saw smoke beside my head. He shot through the wall.

 

“I had no money then. I spent my entire lifesavings on this but he wouldn’t give me the money to start the company.” He paused before laughing, “But then… Then I discovered something. Something that ran through the family.” Turning around, I gasped as he pinned me against the wall; his eyes flashing a dark purple. “Your father was able to see how people would die.” His irises changed to blood red. “However, I,” a searing pain hit me as if I was being slapped, “am able to alter people’s personalities.” I felt like my body was being pierced with a thousand needles, “That girl was useless. But you on the other hand.”


 

My body froze and everything turned black.


 

...

This is your story…

How would you like to write the ending?



 

In the end… I want those around me to be happy.

Even if it means giving up everything.

 

 

...


Sorry for the late update guys! I've been so stressed out lately it's not funny. If anyone's confused about the story so far, feel free to PM me or comment below :)