Chapter 5.2: Saehee (3rd person)

Let Me Hear Your Voice (Sequel to Time Bomb)

Chapter 5.2: Saehee (Third Person)

 

 

The long dimly-lit corridor stretched as she continued walking with small, careful steps. Each step she took, the dark purple and black, checkered, tiled floor crumbled behind her. The walls melted into the shadows while the lights flickered. It was becoming a boring walk for her until she passed by a mirror that showed no reflection. The dark-haired girl stopped and stared with curiosity until she heard shifting and a car slowing down. Turning her head, her eyes widened as two white doors appeared before her just like before.

 

“Welcome Miss. Kim,” a short man with a long pointed nose greeted her while he stared with his bug eyes. He wore a fine tuxedo and black dress shoes as he hopped onto a chair that appeared out of no where. “I believe it is time for you to make a judgement.” With a snap of his fingers, the walls lit up and mirrors of different shapes and sizes started showing events as if they were built-in movie players.

 

Saehee looked around in awe as memories started to play. The beautiful moments she had spent with her friends and family as well as the dark horror of the recent car crash. A new memory had appeared and she found herself staring into the mirror that had Mark holding her hand as she slept. “Miss. Kim.” Saehee turned around and the little man was now leaning against a full sized body mirror that was blank. It had no reflection of anything whatsoever but the man grinned in admiration. “What would you like to do? This is your story after all.”

Carefully, Saehee approached the mirror and it. A ripple effect occurred and her hand fell in. Gasping, she pulled her arm out and fell onto her bottom in shock.

 

The little man waddled towards her; it was only then did she realize he was holding a set of keys. “How do you want your story to end?” He snickered until he had a coughing fit. “Would you like to have a peaceful ending,” he held onto the heart shaped key, “or would you like a dark ending?” He dropped the key and took the skull shaped one. “The story is yours.” He snickered once again and disappeared into the shadows. “Choose wisely, Miss. Kim.” The set of keys landed onto her lap and she looked up at the white doors. She remembered the agonizing look the familiar purple-haired teenager had looked at her. She had pushed him into the door on the right with no regret. Heaving a sigh, Saehee picked herself up and stared down at the keys. They had somehow managed to fall off of the key holder that kept the two together. It was hard, but the little man was right. It was her story; she had to write it.




 



 

The heart monitor beeped and the oxygen mask made a strange sound. Slight finger movements caused the figure to twitch and her eyes finally opened for the world. Her hand reached up for the mask and she slowly removed it; the warmth escaping as she struggled to sit up. Faltering, her body froze as the door to her room opened. It was dark and immediately,  she looked at the digital clock on her nightstand. 2:37am it read. She slumped back down into her bed, relieved that it was a nurse coming into change her IV drip. “M-Miss...” she found herself talking to the figure. They froze. “How... long was I... out for?” The figure didn't speak and continued changing the drip. However, after the longest time, the nurse approached her with dark eyes.

 

“You weren't supposed to wake up…” the nurse whispered and threw the IV bag onto the ground. “You weren't supposed to wake up!” Something had possessed her as the nurse threw herself into the bed and her slim hands wrapped around the patient's neck. Saehee’s eyes widened and her eyes started to wander. She couldn't believe what was happening.

 

“On the day you were supposed to die, you finally wake up,” the nurse sneered in revolt and continued pushing down.

 

S-Someone… Saehee’s hand twitched as she punched the familiar figure. The nurse's head whipped to the side but her face became velvet red and her hands attacked once again. Someone… Saehee punched the girl once again, adding a kick to her stomach. With the nurse caught off guard, Saehee jumped off the bed and ran towards the door.

 

“No! I promised him I would have you deposed of!” Her hand reached for Saehee’s leg and the younger girl fell with a yelp. Someone… Anyone…!

 

“I promised him!” she shrieked, pinning Saehee to the floor.



 

“Mark!”

 

 


Double update tomorrow! ^-^ Thanks for waiting everyone! <3