Chapter 10: Yugyeom

Let Me Hear Your Voice (Sequel to Time Bomb)

Leaning against the chair, I sighed as she continued blabbing nonsense to the officer in front of her. She was snarky one moment, then the next she was a sobbing mess. I didn’t understand. After several hours of useless interrogation, I was finally sent home. However, something didn’t feel right as soon as I reached the bus stop in front of my house. Mark’s blue car was parked on the driveway along with two police cars; the front door was wide open. Rushing in, I halted in my steps as furniture was misplaced and the curtains of the living room had fallen. A police officer had came out of my dad’s office with papers in small baggies.  “Kim Yugyeom?” I looked up, “Your sister is in her room.” Rushing in, I ripped open the door and found Mark pacing around as he yelled at his phone. His cheeks were flushed red and before I knew it, his phone made contact with the wall. He let out a frustrated cry and fell to the ground.

 

“Mark,” I lifted him up and a he let out another sigh.

 

“They found something related to your uncle,” he spoke, “remember the truck your parents owned?” I frowned. “That truck was apparently found in an abandoned parking lot. A similar one was founded near the site of my accident a few months back. That one was new.  The reason your parents are in jail is because the licence plates were switched.”

 

“Was that…?”

 

“Officer Lee,” he nodded, “Apparently something clicked in Sora. After you left, Officer Lee noticed something different. They ran a few tests again and she was tested negative for bipolar disorder and depression.

 

“What? I don’t understand. Her medical records clearly stated that she was tested positive for them.”

 

“That I don’t understand as well,” he looked at Saehee and sighed, “for now, your uncle is the main suspect. We have a feeling that he was here before he attacked your sister. They found a bullet hole in your dad’s office. A few officers managed to follow him.”

 

“Junhan… that sick bastard.” I gritted my teeth.


 

The door opened and a female officer ordered us out of the house. “We’ll take Saehee to the hospital. We need the two of you at the police station. Officer Yang has apparently captured Kim Junhan.”