Prologue

Let Me Hear Your Voice (Sequel to Time Bomb)

Prologue: Mark

 

 

I was walking down an endless hallway where its walls were black and the dim light only lit up a small area ahead of me. The floor were checkered tiles and the only sound heard were my footsteps. I felt like I been walking around in circles until I saw two doors with no labels appear. A podium suddenly emerged from the floor and the room became brighter. The room was still painted black but it was welcoming.

 

“Where would you like to go?” a voice spoke and I looked around. Where was it coming from? “Which way do you want to take, the left door or the right?” I looked at the left door, then at the right, then at the left again. Turning on my heels to walk back down the hall, I felt something tap me on the shoulder.

 

“Why are you leaving so soon?” her voice was music to my ears and when I turned back around, I was face to face with her. She was paler, and her cheeks lost it’s chubby texture but her eyes gave a comforting look. “You were walking away from me…" She wore a white gown and a red rose was sitting in her hair. 

 

“I…” I walked up to her but when I tried to wrap my arms around her, I found myself hugging air. My eyes doubled in size but her smile didn’t falter. “Saehee…” Her back was turned to me while she pointed to the doors.

 

"You have to choose," her voice sounded sad. "I don't want you to leave but... You have to choose."

 

The doors were still white but the right door gave off a magnetizing light. It was mesmerizing and I started advancing towards it. When I was in front of it, the door swung open and I was thrown forward. 

 

“I’m sorry…” she spoke, “I… I hope you’ll forgive me.” I fell through the door and when I looked back, Saehee was gone. 

 

 

 

The white room greeted me and the heavy scent of antiseptic hit me. Everything felt sore as I tried to sit up; I felt like I had been hit by a car. Oh wait... I was hit by a car. Groaning, I remembered the black truck and the silent cries.  A distant beeping sound was heard and my breathing fogged up the mask. Hospital I registered as I read the whiteboard ahead. 

 

'Date admitted: December 2. Time admitted: 1:05am.' the board said and I looked at the analog clock that hung on the wall: 10:55pm. I had been asleep for almost twenty-four hours. Looking around, I realised that I was alone. Where's Saehee?

 

Slamming the help button, I began to panic. I remembered the bloodstains on her clothes, the cuts on her face, and the crooked smile she gave me before passing out. My girlfriend was missing and no one was here to tell me why or where she was. Is she alright?  Footsteps were heard and hope suddenly rushed through me, hoping to see a familiar face. 

 

"Mr. Tuan, you're finally awake!" an unfamiliar cheery voice called out. The door opened and a nurse dressed in all blue grinned. She was furiously writing on her clipboard with her smile plastered on. "How are you feeling?" She looked up and our eyes met. The room suddenly became dark and the only thing that I focused on were the mysterious numbers that appeared. It was counting down and as I continued staring, the room became more and more claustrophobic. I had one reaction: I screamed.

 

What's wrong with me?

 


Eternaly crying because of you guys! I'm so shocked at how many subscribers this story already has and the first chapter hasn't even been posted yet... Thank you so much T_____T Amazing poster done by house-laurie! She is such a sweetheart! Do check out her stories ^-^