Promise

Happened

Chapter Eight:  Promise

 

Taeyeon was laying in her bed with her pillows supporting the upper part of her body, she was happily playing a game in her tablet, the tablet she had just for games free of any media outlet or social media, so she could really be out of the celebrity world for a bit. Piano Titles 2 was the game she was playing so intently, a simple game, but so addictive, she was playing it every free time she could get and she was already in the maximum level of the game at that moment and so she was concentrating in getting three crowns in all songs, although was a difficult task. She had already bought a lot of hearts with her musical notes for her to play additional times and have missed so many while trying to have the three crowns at some songs.

 

She was enjoying that tranquility and free time to do nothing, she was having so much work and practice the last month that she was exhausted and really happy for that weekend of rest. Finally, a bit of rest before continue to work her off before they went to their tour around Asia.

 

And playing the game was a good thing to distract her from thinking in how she missed her boyfriend and how she wanted him to have free days together with her. Kwon Jiyong was really busy too and they could barely meet each other, they could spend a couple of hours here and there, sometimes a night, together, but they were so tired that they just talk and other times cuddle and sleep, no more escapades, no more games, and no more dates for a whole month. This was a problem of being an idol, but they were managing it in some way.

 

But she still missed him a lot, the caring, childish, yet mature and handsome boyfriend of hers. And because of that she was so concentrated into that game, at the point she wasn’t even noticing her cellphone buzzing at the bedside table for the past hour. She was furiously tapping the titles in her tablet screen that was in a considerable speed, she couldn’t lose any of those if she wanted to finally reach the three crowns in that specific song. But she lost her concentration when her intercom made a noise and the voice of her manager came through it in an annoyed tone.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, you don’t know how to answer your phone?”  A startled Taeyeon tapped in the wrong place what made her lose that round.

 

A bit frustrated because she lost in a critical moment in her game she got up from her bed, tossing her tablet aside, and walked in her favorite Sponge Bob Square Pants pajamas to the intercom unlocking her door for her manager.

 

“I thought it is my day off oppa, I always put my cellphone in the vibration mode when is my day off, you know that.” she said going to the corridor where the entrance door was at.

 

Her manager was already entering her house with a distressed look, he grabbed one of Taeyeon’s caps, shoes and one of her purses that was with her documents that was placed in the cabinets beside the door. He not even answered Taeyeon or acknowledged what she said.

 

“We have to go; you were summoned to SM.” He said putting the cap above her messy hair and giving her the snickers he had chosen.

 

“What? Why?” she asked confused.

 

“Hurry Taeyeon, we don’t have time for this, they are angry there, and want to see you now!”

 

Taeyeon was ready to ask what the hell was going on, still in the same place, but her manager had other plans and he was in a hurry.

 

“For God sake!” he just said grabbing Taeyeon’s arm and dragging her outside her apartment still in her home slippers, he closed the door with a still astonished Taeyeon that was really confused for all of her manager acts. But it didn’t last long, as soon she saw herself entering the elevator of her condo she started talking again as soon the door of it closed and the elevator started descending.

 

“What the hell is going on manager Jung?” she said freeing her arm of his grasp.

 

“You know it very well Kim Taeyeon.” He answered shortly taking his phone from his pocket and starting to type furiously, still holding her purse and snickers under his arms.

 

“If I knew I wouldn’t be asking you!” she answered exasperate.

 

“Cut the crap Tae” he retorted back still typing like a crazy.

 

She buffed and tried to call his attention from the cellphone to finally have her answer, but with no avail, he was really busy with his phone and mumbling things like ‘This is crazy’, ‘Why would she do that to us?’.

 

Taeyeon was at verge of snapping his phone out of his hand, but the ding of the elevator alerted her manager that grabbed her arm again and dragged her to the van that was waiting them in the garage at the basement of the building, and as soon she was put inside it and her manager went to the passenger seat at front it drove off. She still tried to take some answers out of her manager, but he busied himself with calls, and she couldn’t understand what was happening and the calls were making her even more confused.

 


 

Still without her answers she exited the van in the garage at the basement of SM Entertainment, still wearing her pajamas and now snickers together with her cap that he manager at some point gave her during the ride. He put her in the elevator and send her to where the directors used had meetings, and he went to the other elevator, leaving her alone.

 

She sighed and let herself rest at the back wall of the elevator trying to figure out what she could possibly done to be send to the directors, that were apparently mad at her, she could figure out that much. She looked inside her purse for her phone, maybe she could have any answer if looked at it, but she couldn’t find it in any place of her purse.

 

“Stupid Taeyeon, you left it in your room.” She remembered herself at the same time the doors of the elevator opened reveling the floor she should exit. People were running in one side to other, in their phones, in their tablets, and computers. She frowned at such vision.

 

Taeyeon exited the elevator, and saw some people stopping what they were doing to look at her and she felt conscious of what she was wearing, she looked at the Sponge Bob face in front of her pajama and tried to fix the shriveled parts. But she still felt conscious, and so she put her head high and continued her walk to the meeting room her manager informed her before he left her to go to the other elevator.

 

She stopped in front of the door of the room, uncertain of what she would find there and what she should expect. She breathed deeply to try calm herself down, and then opened the door finding just Kim CEO inside, and she knew she was in trouble. He was busy looking into some papers in front of him, he just looked up when she closed the door with a click.

 

His eyes were cold and he commanded her:

 

“Sit here” he pointed at the chair in front of him. Without saying anything further she did what she was told. He put the papers he was looking before in front of her. “What the hell is that Miss Kim?” he pointed at one of the photos.

 

She gave a look to the papers, noticing it was a printed version of an online article of Dispatch, and with big letters it was written: ‘G-Dragon and Taeyeon dating?’, and a compilation of photos of some dates she had with her boyfriend, most photos were in front of their condos, but the clearest ones were the ones were when they had that bold date she proposed that time. The one they had a street date with an amusement park date where they found that GTae shippers.

 

Taeyeon verted her eyes at the CEO again and bit her lips looking for the right words.

 

“So? What this mean?” he asked still with his cold stare and stern voice. “Are you dating G-Dragon-ssi?” he continued when she didn’t answer his first question.

 

Taeyeon looked at him thinking in her possibilities, deny or say the truth. But she was tired of keeping it, she was tired of hiding, they just did it because it was convenient, it was easy, but the truth always will find its way to come out, she just didn’t know if it was the right time or not, but thinking better they wouldn’t never find the right time taking in consideration how the industry works.

 

“Yes, I am dating Jiyong.” She decided for the truth. She saw how he furrowed his browns and his expression darkened.

 

“Are you crazy? After that rumor come out, did you really thought it was a good idea?” he couldn’t hide his angriness.

 

“Is not like I planned this to happen, CEO Kim.” She answered trying to keep the respectful tone, although she wanted to break something in his angry face. “And what is the deal? Jiyong is a wonderful person and he makes me happy.”

 

The CEO let out a dry laugh scape from his lips.

 

“What is the deal? Have you thought about your image? They don’t care if you are happy or not, they care for your image Taeyeon.” He answered still with his angry tone.

 

“My true fans will respect whatever decision I made.” She didn’t back out, but she was already feeling the tears coming to her eyes, tears of frustration and fear.

 

“True fans don’t hold this company, don’t be naïve Taeyeon, and you know well that didn’t remain too many true fans on your side.” He cruelly said.

 

Taeyeon scoffed, trying to hold her tears.

 

“And who fault is on that, huh?”

 

“What you mean by that?” He narrowed his eyes. But before she could answer him a knock in the door was heard and the head of her manager could be seen.

 

“They are here, CEO-nim”

 

“Let them in, Mr. Jung” Kim CEO said, suppressing his angry tone. Taeyeon took the opportunity to try calm herself and prepare herself to battle some more with that heartless CEO. She heard the click of the door again, what made her look up and see someone she was needing so much at that time, her boyfriend.

 

He was wearing the same pajamas as her, after all she bought that as couple pajamas for both of them, but he was wearing it in a different way, a more fashionable one, if this was possible, after all he was wearing other things as if that was a normal cloth to use in day-to-day life. She could see the dark circles under his soft brown eyes, and his messy hair, she knew he was spending a long time in his studio working. He was looking around the room with a neutral face, but changed at soon he saw Taeyeon, his expression changed to one worried to an angry one in matter of seconds.

 

“What is going on here?” Jiyong asked in his cold tone, he usually used when he was angry.

 

“Calm down, Jiyong, you know well what is going on here.” Yang Hyun Suk appeared from behind the younger male, wearing a disinterested expression on his face.

 

Jiyong ignored his CEO and went straight to where Taeyeon was sitting, grabbing a chair for himself and sitting at her side.

 

“Are you okay, Angel?” he asked draying some of the tears that fell from her eyes. She shook her head, but at the same time laughed a bit and pointed at what he was wearing.

 

“You are wearing it.” She laughed a bit more of his confused expression, so he looked at what she was wearing and smiled as well.

 

“You know I like to work in comfortable clothes, and you gave it to me, of course I would use it.” He winked, and his smile grew bigger seeing the last traces of tears disappearing of her beautiful face.

 

They forgot they weren’t alone and were snapped from their happy world by a fake cough. Both looked at the direction of the sound, seeing a still angry SM CEO and a more composed YG CEO looking at them. Jiyong held Taeyeon’s hands with his giving Taeyeon the assurance and strength she needed.

 

“Well… For the looks of it, is pretty clear they are dating… So, why you called me here?” YG spoke first, and looked at the other CEO.

 

Kim CEO looked at Yang Hyun Suk in disbelief.

 

“Can’t you tell?” he said. “How do you expect we deal with it, Yang CEO?”

 

“What was that to deal with? Is their personal lives.” The older CEO said shrugging his shoulders. The two idols were watching the interactions of both CEOs quietly.

 

Kim CEO scoffed.

 

“Don’t play the role of the nice hyung, Yang CEO-nim.” The other said ironically.

 

YG lifted one of his browns and looked intently to the other CEO.

 

“I’m not playing a role, I don’t mess with the personal lives of my artists, differently of you.” He smirked, when he saw the anger flush through the other face. “I have contracts and all, but I don’t mess with it, is too much headache and is not worth the trouble.”

 

“I see…” Kim CEO said, and this time he was the one smirking. “So is like this that works, you just don’t care, isn’t it? You just let them loose and give your favorites the bright spot and let the others feel so worthless that they want to leave, isn’t it?”

 

Taeyeon suppressed the warning she was going to throw at her CEO, but she preferred to squeeze Jiyong’s had to say she was there for him. Minzy’s departure was still a delicate matter for what Jiyong had said, as for the problems happening between WINNER and IKON regarding to their fans and the company treatment. Jiyong squeezed her hand back, but she could see the frown he was wearing.

 

Despite the insult YG kept his cool face, but when he spoke was visible the anger hidden under the calm face.

 

“I can sit here and list all the problems this company has, Kim CEO, but we are here because of Jiyong and Taeyeon situation.” He looked into Kim CEO direction.  “And, I don’t know about you, but in my point of view Miss Kim is perfectly capable of having the life she wants, and she is old enough for her fans to realize the time of single Girls’ Generation is ending. As for Jiyong’s fans is the same situation, soon they will be facing the mandatory enlistment, and they always had said they wanted families of their own.”

 

“Are you suggesting we confirm it?” Kim CEO asked, dumbfounded by the things that were implied by the older CEO.

 

“If they want to.” YG now turned to see the couple that were looking so intently to that CEO’s battle.

 

“This won’t be good for Taeyeon’s image!” Kim CEO protested.

 

“That’s the problem!” Taeyeon said it instead. “That’s the problem, all is image, image here, image there, and all you want is to create a bubble around the fans and put then in an imaginary world where we are just dolls they watch perform in stages. They forget we are humans too, we have dreams, desires, we love.”

 

She said looking directly at both CEOs.

 

“The moment you put boundaries for them to see and comprehend we are like them, this will all stop mattering that much.” She continued, she felt Jiyong squeeze her hand in support. “We are humans too. We want to date, we want to marry, we want to have the life we want, we want to be free to do what we want to be happy. If you always do what the fans want you to do regarding to our personal lives to maintain the image, it would never stop.”

 

Taeyeon stopped trying to catch her breath, but continued when her CEO mentioned to start talking.

 

“So yes, I want you to confirm we are dating, and I will continue dating him no matter what happens, I will stand proud of it, because he is my Dragon, he is this amazing person I love.” She finished, now looking defiantly at her CEO, receiving a cold stare from him.

 

“Jiyong?” YG asked, and the smiley Kwon Jiyong that was looking so proudly at his girlfriend turned to his CEO.

 

“You know I am a private person hyung, but hell with that… Just confirm it. I will protect her of everything and anyone.”

 

Yang CEO nodded with his head and turned to the other CEO that had a defeated expression.

 

“So we are settled then, we will release a statement at the end of the day regarding to the dating news.” He said matter-of-factly, and Kim CEO just confirmed with a nod. “Your manager will text you later Jiyong, for details we should know to put in the statement…” The rapper nodded his head in agreement. “So… I guess you two can go then…” he dismissed the couple that smiled at him and with interviewed hands left the conference room.

 

They knew new challenges expected them, but they were ready for it, they were together after all. And that’s what mattered.  

 


 

As soon they stepped out of that room, after talking with his manager, Jiyong led her to the exit of the building with everyone looking at the weirdly and with shocked faces, he went to where his manager had left his car.

 

“We are going to a date.” He said, smiling like little boy.

 

“What?” she asked laughing at his antics.

 

“You heard it right, we are going to a date!” he said excitedly. Winking at her when they passed through a group of trainees that were watching there without believing their eyes and ears.

 

“If you say so…” she answered, feeling free for the first time in so long so she didn’t care, oh she didn’t. He laughed and continued to lead her until they reached the visitors parking lot where he led her to his manager car, opening the door for her.

 

When she was accommodated he went to the driver’s seat and drove off of that building. Taeyeon looked the building starting to appear being small, until it disappeared and her heart was at ease, they had won one a battle, but more was coming, but she was ready. She looked at the smiley guy at her side, and smiled too. They were ready.

 

Jiyong drove for some more minutes, reaching the Han river and parking the car in one of the permitted spots, he tuned to face Taeyeon.

 

“Are you ready?” he looked at her a bit worried, he was afraid she wasn’t so ready for such exposure. But Taeyeon just smiled at him, and said in a soft but certain voice:

 

“Yes”

 

And with this and a big smile in his face he got out of the car and helped Taeyeon do the same. She locked her arm with his and they started to walk, ignoring the ahjummas and ahjussis looks of reprehension for their choice of clothes. In Taeyeon’s case she didn’t have much of a choice, but Jiyong has his own sense of fashion that no one could actually figure out.

 

After all, they were actually wearing pajamas, not that Jiyong cared for the looks, but Taeyeon was starting to feel conscious again of what she was wearing. But when she saw the ice-cream parlor some feet ahead of them she could completely forget the stares they were receiving. With a big smile she turned to her boyfriend and pouted cutely.

 

“I want ice-cream!” she blinked innocently to complete her plea. Jiyong chuckled at her antics and pecked her lips in a quickly move, startling his girlfriend.

 

“I want you.” He answered her back, with a playful wink. Taeyeon couldn’t avoid her heart to beat so loudly in her chest and the red color that ascended in her cheeks. Jiyong smirked and kissed her blushing cheek.

 

“I love you so much, Angel.” He said while continuing to walk in direction to the ice-cream parlor. “Everything I said there, Tae, is true, I will protect you no matter what.” His serious tone and solemn expression said how sincere he was with that matter.

 

She looked at his serious profile and smiled sweetly resting her head in his shoulder.

 

“I know you will” she said with certainty in her voice.

 

They reached the parlor and ordered their ice-creams, and went back to their walk right after they received what they ordered smiling at each other, talking, playing, being a normal couple for a change. They were drawing attending because of their outfits, but people started to recognize who they are, even more because their faces where everywhere to be seen in the media outlets, but they were still confused and not certain if they were seeing it write and didn’t approached them, although some started to snap photos and others to scream.

 

For their safety Jiyong decided to lead them inside one of the restaurants near the Han river, and chose one they could have a great view to the river and have a private space for them. The exact moment the too their seats he received the message of his manager like YG had said before, and with Taeyeon’s help he answered his manager with the details they felt was necessary to be shared regarding to their relationship.

 

Right after that they decided to order something for them to eat, after all was way past lunch and they needed more than just ice-cream in their stomachs. They decided to order ramyun with ddbeoki, and while they were waiting for their food to come, Taeyeon was staring at the bright summer afternoon, letting her thoughts travel that what happened that day.

 

“Hey, Angel, what is making you so out of this world?” the soft voice of her boyfriend brought her back at their present, his sweet smile and the sparkle of love in his soft brown eyes made her smile in response.

 

“Is just… Everything will change now.” She said looking in his eyes. He furrowed his browns for a bit.

 

“Yes, a lot of things will change, we will change eventually…” he agreed with her. “But this” he pointed at him and her. “This will never change, love, never.” He ended with an assuring smile in his lips.

 

Taeyeon stared deeply into his eyes, and without letting him change the subject just yet she raised her had with her pinky finger pointing at him.

 

“Promise?”

 

He looked at her knowing well her fears, after all she had told him about her past relationships, like he did about his when they were in that situation of friends with benefits, he knew that some of her previous relationships ended because everything changed between her and her ex-boyfriends, not just the situation of their relationship. But he would assure her that nothing would change between them. He was going to be sure of it.

 

“Promise.” He said locking his pinky finger with her, making the famous pinky promise.

 

And he never broke any of his promises, and Taeyeon knew that, but she knew this promise was a difficult thing to keep, but she would do everything to keep it too. After all it was a work of two, not only one.

 

“I promise too, Dragon, I promised nothing will change between us.” She said smiling determinate.

 

He smiled back at her. The future was uncertain, but they would work hard to face it together, because they loved each other. They really did.

 


 

N/A: And finally we have an update! Yay!! I hope you guys like it hihihihi and to be honest, a new phase of their relationship is coming :3 And I’m thinking in redo a lot of plans I have for this story lmao

To be honest most of these chapters are already planned, I know everything will happen, BUT… I’m thinking will be better if I explore some aspects of this relationship before returning to the planned chapters hihihihi Why? Because I think you all deserve a better development of this relationship now that is out for the public.

I was thinking in put TOPFany and Seungri relationship here in this chapter, but I decided it would be better if I let them for next chapter because they need more attention than I could’ve give them in this one. And I am really sorry to the readers here expecting SeoRi, I really am, but I have plans for Seungri that don’t include Seohyun, and I am a die-hard YongSeo fan and I have problems to write SeoRi, I don’t mind reading about them if they aren’t the main couple, but I don’t think I can write about them just yet >< So sorry for disappoint you all in this case.

And… Love #GTAE but please let’s not hate other ships or shippers, hate don’t take us anywhere :3

Love ya’ll

Nath :*