Perfect Weekend

Happened

Chapter Three: Perfect Weekend

 

Was really early in the morning, the day hasn’t even dawned yet, and Taeyeon was awake and busy. She was packing some of her clothes and personal stuff in the small luggage for the weekend when her doorbell rang, she frowned; she wasn’t expecting anyone to come to her apartment. She had plans after all.

 

She rushed at the door, and opened it seeing nothing less nothing more than the person she should encounter in the train station as they had previously agreed on it. He smiled charmingly at her, and entered her house, being received by happy barks of her dog, Ginger.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked, still holding the door open.

 

“I think you should close the door first, Tae” he said winking at her, what made her close the door a bit more louder than she intended to. She glared at him, what made him laugh. “Don’t worry Tae, no one saw me coming here, and I just decided that would be more safe if we go there driving, than in a train.”

 

She pouted a bit, but nodded in agreement, she was excited at the perspective of travelling by train unnoticed, but he had a point, they could’ve been discovered in the train easily than if they went by car.

 

“Okay, okay, you won” she said while picking up the barking black ball of fur and caressing it, calming down the dog, before leading the way to her living room. Jiyong followed her after taking his shoes off. “You still have to wait; I’m still finishing to pack my things and Ginger’s stuff”

 

“I have all the time of the world, babe.” He said, smiling brightly at her, letting his body fall in her sofa, and indeed that time they had all the time of the world. For the first time they had a full weekend off at the same time. This time was her turn to laugh at him; she put the dog at the floor again, shaking her head.

 

She went back to her room and continued to do what she was doing before.

 

“Are you sure I still can take Ginger with me?” she shouted from her room.

 

“Of course!” he answered back. “I am a dog lover, don’t you remember?”

 

She smiled, while finishing to close her luggage, and picking up a purse where she had put some things for Ginger.

 

“You have only cats in your house now.” She answered him back.

 

“Is because Gaho and Jolie are too big to stay with me in Seoul, they are good in Dolce Vita, and besides, when we don’t have guests they are free to run all over the yard, so, they have plenty space.” He said, at the moment she entered her living room again with her stuff, seeing a full of swag G-Dragon playing with her dog.

 

Taeyeon didn’t answered at first, letting herself observe how he played with Ginger, that scene, in a way, made her heart warm. Wasn’t the first time he went to her apartment, or his first time with Ginger, was just that every time she saw them playing, that warm feeling was getting stronger. She shook her head a bit, and said:

 

“I’m ready, I just need to put Ginger in his special case for travel, and we could go.”

 

“I can do that” he said, looking at her, before getting up from the floor.

 

And like that they exited her condo by the back door at the garage, taking care to don’t be spotted, and went for one of GD’s cars that was not so flashy or expensive, so they could have their privacy.

 


 

They were already two hours in the highway; listening to music and singing at the top of their lungs and laughing at their silliness, with an occasional bark from Ginger in the back seat. Despite that, Jiyong, that was driving, was getting a bit tired, and the hunger was driving him crazy.

 

“Should we stop?” said Taeyeon, reciprocating his thoughts. She was tired of sitting inside the car, and she was hungry too.

 

“Yes, if I’m not wrong we have a rest stop some meters ahead.” He said looking at the traffic signs at the board of the highway.

 

Soon they spotted that said rest area; Jiyong signalized, and entered the path that led them to the place. It wasn’t too crowded, but they saw some buses parked there, so as soon he stopped the car, both get their caps and sunglasses to cover the most part of their faces. Jiyong was using a light coat above his normal clothes so he could hide his tattoos located in his neck, Taeyeon had her hair pulled beneath the cap, to hide his bright color, that she haven’t changed yet.

 

She opened the back door of the car to take Ginger to a walk, and give him at least a bit of water, before they resume their travel again. She put the small dog in his leash, and grabbed Jiyong hand that was there waiting for her, entwining their fingers. He smiled at her, and then both walked hand in hand to the common area to buy some snacks for them to eat.

 

She had to stay in the outside chairs, because of Ginger, while he went inside to buy them some foods. She was looking around, seeing some families in a trip, and other people gathered together talking, others were leaving, and others arriving. None of them were paying attention to her, and she was grateful. She was snapped from her thoughts by the sound of the chair in front of hers moving. Jiyong had returned with a tray full of snacks, tteoboki, kimbap, some fish cakes, and a bowl of cold noodles, two sausages, two cokes, and some water bottles and some packed snacks for the rest of the car trip in a plastic bag.

 

“I couldn’t resist” he said winking in a cute form, making her laugh.

 

“I’m a really hungry anyway” she said grabbing one of the sausages and taking a bite of it. Ginger that was laid in the floor until that moment, cried asking for food too. “You can’t eat it baby boy, when we get there, omma promise to give you a big bowl of food.” She said directing to the dog, hearing a small chuckle of an amused Jiyong. “Yah, you can’t say nothing, oppa, you do the same with yours!”

 

He laughed more, putting one piece of tteoboki into his mouth, with his soft brown eyes shining with amusement.

 

“I know, but I find it funny anyway.” He said while taking another tteoboki piece, and offering at her, what she gladly took it.

 

“Pabo” she said puffing her cheeks, and eating another piece of the sausage to finish it. Jiyong just smiled, and opened one of the cokes, and offered to her, before opening the other for him.

 

“But you like this pabo, the way he is” he said, while she was taking one of the fish cakes, and stuffing it in . She frowned her eyebrows, and didn’t answer him, he knew the answer anyway. What made him laugh; Taeyeon grabbed a piece of kimbap and put it whole in his mouth, to make him stop.

 

And like this both continued their stop, eating, laughing, talking, and eating more, e even feeding one another. Taeyeon was smiling more than never now, with that warm feeling that made her heart to speed up in her chest. They finished their meal sharing the bowl of cold noodles, and after giving Ginger a bit of water, and taking care of their business, they resumed their travel.

 


 

It was almost lunch time when they finally reached the country village that Jiyong have talked about so much, Taeyeon looked at the mesmerizing view outside his window, the mountains filled with the green woods, the humble houses filled with old people, adults and some children running in the peaceful streets.

 

“So beautiful” she said, bringing her gaze to the man beside her, smiling widely. Her heart, for some reason, was beating so fast in her chest.

 

“I know right?” he said giving her a quickly glance, and a smile.

 

“How did you find this place, Ji?” Taeyeon turned to look at the beautiful scene in front of her. The place had a charm she couldn’t deny, or avoid.

 

He kept quiet for a moment, what made Taeyeon look at him with curiosity.

 

“Has a period in my life that all I wanted was peace, I wanted to run away of all that had happened in my life, so I took one of my cars, and started to drive, and for some kind of reason I found this place, and here I found the peace I wanted.” He said, giving her a breve look, before getting back to what he was doing.

 

She was listening to him intently, she knew what he was talking about, and he told her everything before, although they still had some things to share.

 

“Over the years, I always came back here when I needed my peace time, my secret place, and so I bought a house here, and now I come here at least once a year.” He said smiling, and reached for her hand. “And you are the first person I brought here.”

 

She looked at his hand above hers, feeling her heart beat crazily at his words.

 

“Really? Not even your family?” Taeyeon asked, and she was anticipating the answer.

 

“Really, you are the first one” he said with sincerity, and she could notice that, and happiness filled her, and because of that a big smile were formed in her lips.

 

But at the same time she felt a little twist in her heart, she knew well where all that was leading her, and for the first time she was afraid. She said she wouldn’t worry or plan anything ahead, that she would discover her relationship with him. But now she was afraid where this all were leading her, she could see perfectly, she could feel it perfectly. It was exciting and at the same time scary, because she didn’t want to lose him.

 


 

They entered his humble house in that village, at least in its exterior, because the interior was equipped with all they needed, and most modern things they could need, but nothing too flashy or expansive either. They entered the house with the happy Ginger running in front of them, exploring it. They went directly to the kitchen, to save the grocery they made before reaching the house, and some stuff Jiyong had bought in Seoul and brought them in thermal boxes.

 

When they finished putting the things in the place, Jiyong kicked her out from the kitchen saying he would cook their lunch, so she just excused herself and went to explore the house. It had only three different rooms, the living room from where they entered, with a sofa, a TV and sound system, and windows that show the beautiful view of the village, and the lake she discovered that existed in there. The kitchen, with as spacious area, and a sliding glass door that lead them to the back yard, that have some fruit trees. And the room that had only a double bad, a writing desk, where she could see some sheet of papers, and a window that show the front yard, with it flowers and small trees, and the bathroom attached to it.

 

Taeyon was mesmerized by that view, and finding interesting the contrast that was Kwon Jiyong, he had one of the most expensive apartments in Seoul, flashy and expensive cars, a pension run by his parents, an interesting fashion taste, and this humble house in a humble village where you could see his most simple side, one side she have been knowing for four moths already. She was so distracted by her thoughts that she just remembered she had to give her dog food when she felt Ginger passing by her legs and crying for it.

 

“Sorry baby boy, omma will take your food.” She went to the living room and opened the front door, and went to his car pick up their luggage. She brought all to the room, and took the bag Ginger things were, and arranged his stuff in the living room.

 

She left the happy dog eating, and entered the kitchen again, seeing the back of a concentrated Jiyong, cooking something that seemed so delicious. Taeyeon smiled, and without talking she approached him, and hugged him from behind, resting her cheek in his back. She felt his body tremble with his chuckle.

 

“If I confess this is one of my dreams, would you believe me?” he said, putting one of his hands above hers. “Be hugged by the girl I like, while I cook.”

 

She felt her heart beat crazily in her chest again, but she answered the most composed she could.

 

“I would” this could mean he likes her more than a friend? She bit her lip, she didn’t know how to classify their relationship, they had much more than a simple attraction and lust, they had much more than friends, but neither she nor he had made that important step to say, or look completely at what they felt for each other exactly. And, in a way, she was afraid to loose what she already had with him.

 

“Let’s, eat! Is ready” he said, and she let him go. He put in the table inside the kitchen, the plate he had done, meat with vegetables, and the cooked rice, and some side dishes. “I hope you like it, my cooking skills aren’t good, but at least I know how to cook these” Jiyong said with a hint of worry in his voice.

 

Taeyeon smiled, and took a pair of chopsticks and take a piece of meat, putting it in . She smiled, he wasn’t the best she had known, but that meat was perfect, he cooked for her.

 

“It's perfect Ji” she showed him her thumbs up, to assure him. And he gave her one of his killer smiles, one of them that always made her blush and her heart almost jump from her chest.

 

And like this they ate as they did in the resting area, talking, laughing, feeding one another, and teasing each other. When they finished, Taeyeon convinced Jiyong she was going to do the dishes, so he just saved the rest of the food in the fridge. When she was almost finishing, she felt his strong arms surrounding her, hugging her from behind.

 

“And this was one of my other dreams” he whispered in her ear, biting if afterward. She let her body rest in his, while he was playing with her ear. With one last bite he asked, “Want to know the village?” Taeyeon could only nod in agreement.

 


 

They left the house after they showered and changed their clothes for some fresh ones, with Jiyong exposing his iconic tattoos in his arms and neck, still wearing his sunglasses and a cap, and Taeyeon was with her hair in a ponytail and a cap and sunglasses, and holding Ginger leash with one hand, while the other was being hold by Jiyong, and he was caring a bag and a small thermal box in his other hand.

 

“Are you sure no one will recognize us?” she asked unsure, looking around them, seeing the villagers passing by them giving them some looks, but not saying or doing anything indicating that they knew who they are.

 

“I am sure, Tae” he smiled. “I’ve come here for five years already, and no one knows about it. They are nice people, and I don’t think they know us, the younger ones can have an idea, but they think this is too impossible to be true.” He said winking.

 

She smiled, but still gave him a slap in his arm.

 

“If a scandal break out from this, you will have to deal with it alone, pabo-yah” she said in a false threatening tone.

 

“Don’t worry Tae, I’ll take the responsibility.” He said laughing pulling her closer, and wrapping his arm in her waist. Her cheeks turned pink because of their proximity, she couldn’t avoid it.

 

They walked on the streets, greeting the elders, and enjoying the heat of the spring, the village wasn’t so big, so they could walk it all by foot, if they want to. But their final destination of that walk was the lake, and when they reached there, Taeyeon couldn’t hold the exclamation of wonder.

 

The lake wasn’t so big, but was beautiful with its crystal clear water that came from the mountains that surrounded the village, the beach of small rocks, and the trees surrounding it made the place even more magical.

 

“Omo! It's so beautiful, Ji.” She said in awe, and hugged Jiyong with happiness. “Thank you, thank you so much for bringing me here!” she said jumping while holding him tight in her arms. He chuckled because of her reaction, but he hugged her back, and whispered.

 

“You are welcome Tae.” She separated them a bit, and looked him in his eyes, seeing that gentle smile in his lips, and that warm feeling emanating from his light brown eyes. Captivated by his beautiful eyes, she stood in her tiptoes and kissed him fully on the lips, showering him with all her unspoken feelings, and he reciprocated her kiss.

 

They separated breathless, with huge smiles in their lips, and more secret feelings appearing briefly in their exchange of glances. Ginger bark broke the charm they were in, and they separated, looking in different directions, and for the first time, Taeyeon saw a pink color in Jiyong’s ear.

 

“Well…” he said first, turning back at her, composed again, and put the bag he was holding on the floor. “Let’s arrange the things” he said taking out from the bag a picnic blanket and extending it on the ground.

 

Taeyeon went to help him, so in a few minutes they had all they needed set in a not so crowded part of the beach surrounding the lake. After some minutes they had arrived the place, the lake started to receive some visits of the kids that lived there, and some other people that had the same idea of them of coming to the lake to enjoy that sunny and not so hot or not so cold day of the spring.

 

Taeyeon was seated there, in their spot under one of the trees that surrounded the place, watching Jiyong play with Ginger, running with him, and playing with the ball. Watching that was making her think if she would risk that to give the next step, she was willing to have him in her life being more than what they had in that moment. She wanted him…

 

“Forever” she let that scape in her sigh. And without her knowledge she answered something he had asked her some time already.

 

That moment Jiyong turned to her and waved smiling at her, she waved back, giving him one of her breathtaking smiles, what indeed took his breath away, and made his heart jump in his chest like a crazy man. That weekend would be one of the perfect ones.

 

She was sure of it.

 


 

Teaser from next chapter:

 

“I love you”

 


 

N/A: So here it was the chapter hehehe I was intending to post last weekend, but something happened and I couldn’t finish writing, aside from the fact that I was too hooked up by The Superman Returns. Ohh That kids, I love them so much!

So, what you guys thought about this chapter? Am I too lovey dove with them? Are you guys tired of this fluffy overload? Want a bit of change? *evil grin*

And for the first time I’m letting a teaser… What do you expect? Hehehe

Please let here your opinions about the chapter, your crazy thoughts, even your critics about the chapter. I would appreciate all that, and I would really love your comments, they make me smile, I was that in the comments of last chapter, I was reading them in my class in the university and I couldn’t stop smiling hehehe They motivate me a write.

Thank you all the 16 people upvoted this fanfic, and the 152 people that subscribed here. Love you all.

Kisses,

Nath :*