The Awkward Visit

SJH x KJK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Son, the food is ready,” the old lady said loudly while she handed over to him the package of food. She was busy attending to the other customers as well.

Jong Kook swiftly took the food and paid for it. Of course, he never failed to thank the old lady for the food although, he was in a rush. He wanted to be fast so that he can reach Ji Hyo’s house before she doze off. He knew it would be one hell of night, just spending time to wake her up and its an extremely tough job.

On the way to her house, Jong Kook kept thinking of all the things that would be taking place later. He imagined it all in his head and there was an evident smile across his face. He was also practicing a scene in head, a scene where he had planned to tell her who his secret girlfriend was. He had a reason to tell her about Eun Hye.

 

Just before arriving at her house, Jong Kook spotted a cafe along the roadside. He knew Ji Hyo is a coffee addict and her favourite is Americano so he decided to get her one.

While getting her the Americano, someone tapped his shoulder. He turned back and was in utter shock to see Lee Dong Wook clad in a brown beanie, black polo shirt and jeans. He was speechless for a second before greeting and shaking hands with him. ‘What the hell is this guy doing over here? Wouldn’t he suspect me for being in Ji Hyo’s neighbourhood?’ Jong Kook thought to himself. He started panicking.

“Hyunggg! It’s been a long time! When is Runningman going to cast me again?” Dong Wook asked trying to rectify the awkward situation between them.

“Yeah, it’s a lo...lo...long time indeed. Should I tell the PD about it?” Jong Kook stuttered while answering.

“Hahahha hyung, I was just joking. By the way, what are you doing here?” he asked suspiciously.

“Actually... I was just getting a coffee here. Ji Hyo told me the Americano here tastes great,” Jong Kook lied, hoping not to get caught.

Dong Wook nodded and said, “Ahhhh...I see,” Dong Wook replied, not knowing that Jong Kook doesn’t drink coffee at all! “Hyung, I also dropped by to buy some Americano cause I was planning to visit Ji Hyo, want to tag along? Would be fun.”

“Ermm...ermmm” Jong Kook didn’t know what he should say so he decided, “Okay then... I bought some food as well, we can eat together.”

 

When they arrived at Ji Hyo’s house, Jong Kook pressed the bell. The both of them exchanged an awkward smile before Ji Hyo opened the door. Ji Hyo froze for at least 10 seconds when she saw the two men standing at her door. She was loss for words and blinked her eyes in confusion.

“Come in,” was the only phrase that escaped . ‘What the heck are these two doing here? Why are they together? Did Jong Kook invite Dong Wook to come along? What’s happening?’ Ji Hyo felt as if her mind was going to explode any time with all the questions.

The both of them entered the house and started preparing the food and drinks they bought. “Ji Hyo, how come you are not puzzled that Jong Kook hyung is here with me?” Dong Wook asked.

Ji Hyo stood still but in her mind, ‘YAH! PABO! I should be confused as to why you are here, not why Jong Kook is here. I knew he would be coming with dinner.’

“Jong Kook oppa.. told me he was coming over....” before Ji Hyo could finish her sentence, Jong Kook signalled her to cut it out.

“Coming over? To see you?” Dong Wook was puzzled now cause Jong Kook said that he just dropped by to get the coffee earlier.

“No..no! She meant that I told her I was coming over here to get the coffee near her house,” Jong Kook tried saving the situation.

“Ahhhhh....” Dong Wook understood.

Ji Hyo was bewildred. ‘Mwuhhh?? Jong Kook getting coffee?’ She wondered what’s going on so she decided to voice up. “Jong Kook oppa so you were getting coffee with Dong Wook when the both of you decided to pay me a visit?”

“Sort of... Actually I was getting the coffee you suggested, when Dong Wook bumped into me and proposed the idea of having dinner together with you...so I agreed,” Jong Kook explained so that Ji Hyo will be able to play along.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter