The Day It Blossomed

SJH x KJK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong Kook was so happy to have met her again and so was Song Ji Hyo that she couldn’t stop smiling.

After the recording, the both of them met at the carpark. Jong Kook decided to brave himself and talk to her. “Ji Hyo-ssi, you’re driving back on your own?” Jong Kook started the conversation.

“Oh, yes, oppa. My manager couldn’t drive me to work today,” Ji Hyo explained.

“Is it okay for you to drive alone at night?” he was worried.

“Yes, oppa. I’m going to grab my dinner first before heading home.” she said.

Jong Kook grinned. He saw a window of opportunity shining brightly ahead him. ‘This is my chance to get closer to her,’ he thought to himself. Its not that he wants to flirt with her but he just felt like getting to know more about her, as a friend. So, he suggested, “Ji Hyo-ssi, I haven’t had my dinner as well.. Want to have dinner together?” he suggested. Ji Hyo’s heart was beating fast. She had never gone to have dinner with a guy she barely knew before. She had already eaten but she purposely said that to him, hoping he would ask her out. And he did!

“Sure!” she answered immediately. “But you’ve got to drop the formalities first.. You can just call me Ji Hyo.”

Jong Kook nodded while smiling. The both of them had dinner together that night but it was very awkward between them as they had nothing much in common to talk between them.

“Oppa,” Ji Hyo called out to Jong Kook when they were almost done with the food.

“Hmm?” he couldn’t answer as he was busy munching on his food.

“I have to tell you something,” she said.

Now, Jong Kook was quite confused as to what Ji Hyo meant by that statement. He was wondering if she was going to express her feelings to him. ‘No.. She shouldn’t express her feelings to me. I’m still with Eun Hye. It would be even more awkward if Ji Hyo expresses her feelings and I reject it,’ he began to worry but he asked her, “What is it?”

“Emm.. Cho PD talked to me privately right after the recording...” she paused for a moment before continuing, “... He wants me to be a permanent member for Runningman.”

Jong Kook couldn’t believe what he just heard. He counldn’t contain his happiness. “That’s great Ji Hyo! So, did you accept it,” he asked eagerly hoping ‘yes’ was the only answer to this question.

Ji Hyo looked into his eyes and looked away. ‘Why is this oppa so hot? Can’t even look at him directly,’ Ji Hyo wondered.

“I told him I would think about it because my schedule is quite pack at the moment,” she sighed.

Jong Kook was a little disappointed. “Think about it. Its a very good opportunity for an actress like you to join these type of variety programmes. I know why Cho PD selected you. You have the character of a bold and active young lady. Besides, the other members would be glad to have you in the team as well,” he tried coaxing her.

“Oh oppa... That’s very sweet of you. I will think about it,” she assured him.

After dinner, the both of them bid farewell and left to their respective homes. When Jong Kook arrived home, it was already 2 a.m and he was exhausted from the filming. He opened the door and was surprised to see Eun Hye sitting at the dining table.

“Eun Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter