#spartace

SJH x KJK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As days passed by, both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo got closer and closer to one another. Meanwhile, it was the total opposite for Eun Hye and Jong Kook. Their relationship was like a roller coaster ride. Eun Hye kept breaking promises and Jong Kook was tired of getting pissed off at Eun Hye. All he wanted was for them to have a good relationship, a smooth and loveable one, like his friends who were happily married. He had always been envy of his bestie, Cha Tae Hyun, who was living a joyous life after marriage. Jong Kook wanted that too.

It was the weekend and Jong Kook decided to pay a visit to his mother whom he hasn't seen for ages. When he arrived at his mother's house, his mother ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

“Jong Kook ahhh! What took you so long to come and visit this mother,” she asked, almost shedding her tears. His mother missed him so much and it was hard for her to go by the days without seeing her darling son.

“Omma, I'm so sorry. I have been very busy with the album lately. You can ask Soya... she was with me the whole time,” he explained.

“I know dear.. Soya told me about how much effort you've been putting for this album but please don't be too busy til you can't come and visit me,” she pleaded.

“Sorry omma. I'll never do this again,” Jong Kook said.

Jong Kook's mother cooked all his favourite dishes and forced him to eat everything although he was already begging her to stop putting more and more food on his plate. Since it was only the both of them in the house, his mother decided to ask him, “Jong Kook-ah, are things between you and Eun Hye going well? Will you be proposing to her soon?” she asked, full of hopes and dreams to see her son getting married.

“Ermm... Omma I don't wish to worry you but things are not going well between us. We've been having lots of misunderstanding recently,” Jong Kook confessed to his mother. The only reason he decided to tell her was so that his mother could give him her opinion regarding the matter cause he, himself was unsure of what he should do, whether to break up with Eun Hye or to fix things between them.

His mother gave him a warm smile before continuing, “Son, it is totally normal for couples to have misunderstandings. I know my son and I know you wouldn't do anything to break her heart but if she does anything, you must be patient and have tolerance. Try to talk it out and solve the problem instead of ignoring the problem which would eventually lead to revenge and hatred towards one another.” Jong Kook's mother explained to him.

After thinking for some time, Jong Kook asked, “Omma, you know right.. Parents would have the so-called gut feelings which tells them whether their child has found the right person as their life partner so... Do you think Eun Hye is the right one for me, omma?”

His mother looked at him and then proceeded to take the spoon and place more meat on his plate.

“Ommaaaaaa... My stomach is going to burst if you keep doing this,” he whined.

After eating, Jong Kook wondered why his mother never responded to his question. ‘Does omma think Eun Hye isn’t the right one because omma wouldn’t have the heart to say it directly to me. Maybe, that’s why she ignored me,’ Jong Kook contemplated.

 

When he went home, that night, he called Cha Tae Hyun as it has been a long time since they both spoke.

While talking, Tae Hyun suddenly asked Jong Kook, “Someone is in a relationship eh?” It was a bolt from the blue for Jong Kook as he was in extreme shock about how his friend got to know his secret relationship which he guarded safely all this while. After minutes of silence, Tae Hyun continued, “Are this what friends are for? How dare you keep this away from me?” He sounded as if he was disappointed with Jong Kook.

Jong Kook started panicking as he was unsure of what to answer. ‘Does he know or is he playing around with me,’ Jong Kook asked himself. Jong Kook wanted to stay safe so he asked Tae Hyun, “What are you talking about?”

“Eyyyyy.... Jong Kook-ah! Don’t act as if you don’t know... It’s too late to hide it. The pictures are all over SNS,” Tae Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter