The Day It Began

SJH x KJK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong Kook remembered the day he met her a few years back on Family Outing. She is an extraordinary person and he really liked her character. He was quite shocked when she mouthed the word ‘saranghaeyo’ to him. He was astounded. However, he didn’t have feelings for her like a lover did. Besides, why would he when he was already in a relationship with a famous actress, Yoon Eun Hye. He decided to just be friends with Ji Hyo after the programme but being the shy guy he normally is, he didn’t keep in touch with her after the recording. Every now and then, she comes to his mind but he just brushes of that image of her. After all, he is a loyal boyfriend to Eun Hye and they are deeply in love. Eun Hye was at the peak of popularity these days while Jong Kook was busy preparing his new album to mark his comeback after many years of absence from the music industry. It was then that he received a call from Cho PD offering him job in a new variety programme called Runningman. Jong Kook didn’t accept immediately as he thought it was better to ask his girlfriend’s opinion first before accepting the offer.

 

That night, Jong Kook decided to prepare dinner to make his girlfriend happy before talking to her about the offer. When Eun Hye dropped by his house, she was so surprised to see all the dinner set on the table.

“OH MY! Oppaaaa.. What’s all this?” Eun Hye expressed her amazement. Lined on the table was all her favourite food and its been a long time since she last ate home cooked food.

“Do you like it?” Jong Kook stared into her eyes. He was happy that he could put a smile on her face.

“Ofcourse! But what’s the occasion?” The question suddenly struck Eun Hye. She was confused as to why Jong Kook had prepared so much of food.

“Emm.. I need to ask you something but I’m starving right now so maybe we should eat first,” Jong Kook suggested as his stomach had already started growling and making weird noises.

“Haahahaha.. Are you going to propose to me? Ask me anything but don’t ask me to marry you right now...” Eun Hye said before heading to the kitchen, “...I have too many commitments right now.”

Jong Kook was quite hurt from that statement although he knew he wasn’t planning to propose to her anytime soon.

“What commitments?” he was curious.

Eun Hye appeared back at the dinner table with a glass of wine and two glasses in her hands. Jong Kook gave her a weird look, wondering what she was going to do with the wine bottle. “Well, I received two offers to play the lead roles in a drama and a movie! I accepted immediately! I’m super excited and happy right now. Doesn’t that call for a celebration?” Eun Hye exclaimed.

Jong Kook was speechless. He didn’t know how to respond to that question. Deep down in his heart, he was sad and quite annoyed at her. ‘She accepted what? How could she? Shouldn’t she at least ask me about it before offering the role? Isn’t that a way of showing respect towards your other half?’ so many questions were going through his mind.

“Oppa!” Eun Hye raised her voice making Jong Kook snap back to reality. “Let’s eat,” she said.

Jong Kook didn’t feel like eating any more. He was upset with her. “I need to take my shower first. I’m feeling uncomfortable,” he said while walking towards his room.

Eun Hye’s eyes were fixed on the food. She started putting some food on her plate. “Really? Okay, then, maybe I should start eating first because I need to rush off to meet the director.”

Before Jong Kook could respond to her question, Eun Hye had already dug into her food and was enjoying it. Jong Kook was annoyed and was about to enter the room when Eun Hye asked, “Oh, you wanted to ask me s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter