The Punishment

SJH x KJK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun rose slowly to mark the beginning of a new day. The birds were chirping happily outside.

Ji Hyo lazily opened her eyes and moaned from the tapping sun-light against her face. She wondered how long she’d been sleeping. She yawned before managing to fully open both eyes. Suddenly, the images of what happened between her and Jong Kook flashed in her mind like a video being replayed over and over again. She blushed and hid her face in her palms. She felt butterflies in her stomach.

‘Oh gosh, how am I going to face that man again? It’s definitely going to be super awkward....’ she contemplated on the situation last night.

Just then, she remembered what Jong Kook said to her while she was sobbing hard like a baby who was hungry. He told her to leave a note to Chang Joo if she wants to rectify the situation. Notes really did help according to that guy. She wondered how many notes he had left for his secret girlfriend. Just by the thought of that, she got so jealous and felt like finding out who that woman was so that she could brainwash her to leave Jong Kook. She giggled at the thought of it.

Ji Hyo got down from her bed, picked up a pen and a small empty note and went straight to the dining table. She sat there and began writing a note to Chang Joo. She made it a point to be honest to him when writing the note.

 

Note:

Dear CJ Oppa,

I’m sorry for everything that happened yesterday. I know it was a small matter but we ended up fighting big time. I’m absolutely sorry for that. For breaking your heart, for making you upset, for stirring up your anger and leaving you in frustration.

You’re the kindest oppa anyone could have by their side in times of pain and suffering. You were there for me when I was nothing and you carefully healed all my emotional and psychological pain little by little, till I rose up to be someone other women would look up to or be jealous of. You restored my happiness to a whole new level, where I could smile and laugh the whole day without thinking of my pathethic past.That was your greatness! I owe my life to you and even a thousand deaths wouldn’t possibly repay all your kindness.

To be honest with you, that is why I accepted your proposal in the first place. I felt guilty for not returning your love. It made me feel as I was an evil person, as if I couldn’t even sacrifice a little for the person who gave me happiness. It was that guilty feeling that made me accept you and acknowledge you as my boyfriend. I know this is the most dreadful thing you could have ever heard... But please continue reading.

Last night, after the fight, I realised that accepting your love wasn’t a sacrifice that I made actually but it’s the most selfish thing I could have done to you. I realised that I accepted your love just so that I wouldn’t feel bad. Just so that I could feel as if I am also returning your kindness and love. I am seriously the dumbest person you could have ever met! It made me aware that I wasn’t actually loving you but I was just toying around with your feelings when I have someone else in my heart. Yes, oppa.. You read that right.. I have someone else in my heart right now. I need to be honest with you so that you wouldn’t feel cheated by me again.

Oppa, tell me to do anything as a punishment.. but this time it’s not to make me feel any better but to let out your anger towards me. Tell me anything oppa and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter