Finding

Vorfreude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FINDING.

 

        Jiyeon stretched out her arms into the summer morning, she always knew it would be a fine day when she couldn't feel the temperature of the air. Outside had the sweet fragrance of freshly cut grass and the birds chattered in the trees. The sky was blue with just a few stratus clouds making their unhurried way toward the ocean. The sun was already a friendly ball of yellow above, promising more heat as the day progressed. All in all she couldn't have asked for better weather.

        Moreover, it is Sunday, means that there is no courses, except club activities.

        “Jiyeon, what club activity did you take at your previous school?” Luna, who also one of theater members asked Jiyeon. They're sitting side by side in the room where they’re usually used for practice.

        “Nope. This is my first time.” Jiyeon told the truth. Indeed, she had not join any club activities, yet outside the school, this grow up woman had master almost all popular martial arts.

        “Jeongmal?” Luna seems doesn't believe it.

        “Yeah,” She answered while scanning the room, looking for Taehyung's presence. Since she arrived, he avoided Jiyeon as best as he could, as if her presence reminded him of too many things in our lives that needed money.

        “Then, why you choose theater? Is it because of Taehyung? do you have a crush on him?" Seriously, Luna is so talkative until Jiyeon couldn't help but hold her urge to take off her shoes and rush in into .

        However, before Jiyeon would throw a lie, there someone who come in.”Who is she?” Jiyeon asked unintentionally.

        “She is our mentor and instructor, Park Jiyoung.” Luna replied.

        Jiyeon stares at her from head to toes. She had brown eyes like the deep intoxication of campaign wine, bubbling with hazing richness and expensive taste that adorned her exceptionally pale face, long dark hair that tumbled over her shoulders, a sharp nose, and red lips. All in all, she looked like Madonna; a very solid one.

        She is not alone, there is a mature woman who looks similar with her, as if they're compete each other and other students behind them.

        “Good morning!” Her greeting made all student in the room fixed their eyes on her.

        “Morning, Miss.” They're greeted back.

        “I'll inform you something,” She spoke rather annoyed. Jiyeon guessed two woman in front of her aren't in the good term.“For the festival in the end of summer, we as teachers decided to hold Musical theatre. So, our club will work together with vocal club.”

        There is no response from students, some of them were letting out their heavy sigh instead and Luna is one of them.”As if it will work,” She doubted.

        “Why?” Jiyeon questioned, quite interested.

        Luna turns her face toward Jiyeon,”Jiyeon, you must know that they're rival forever. Probably, other teachers were tired to see them fight like cat and dog, so they do this.” Jiyeon nods and gives her attention back to the front.

        “Hello, everyone. My name is Kim Yujin, I'm sure you already know me. This is the first time we would work together. I hope we can get along. Please, take care of us.” She explain with cheerful tone, making the colleague beside her rolled her eyes.

        “Ne, songsaenim!” Students answered in unison.

        She clapped once.”Alright. Then, I'll call my students from vocal club to come in.”

        Soon, bunch of boys and girls enter the room. Jiyeon sighed once her eyes caught familiar boy. He is none other than Jungkook. She didn't expect Jungkook is in the vocal club, and what in the world they always meet even though they didn't intend to. If this is go on, Jiyeon wouldn't be able to take a move, at least as long as Jungkook still watching her.

        Their eyes meet. Jungkook as always, give her a glare. His perpetually soft eyes were as hard as any store front mannequin. In that instant Jiyeon knew if his eyes could utter words, theye'd surely speak bitter one toward Jiyeon. She choses to take her eyes off him first before those eyes put out the fire.

        “Today would be just introduction. Please prepare your performance for next meeting because it determines whether you will be the main cast or just supporting cast.” Miss Park warned. “Feel free to make a group. It can be only from our club or mix it with vocal club.”

        “I prefer to choose partner only in our club to show them how wonderful melody we can create.” Miss Kim butted in.

        “Here we go,” Luna muttered.

        Jiyeon can comprehend the situation when Miss Park ears getting hot. She glare at her then spat out “I tried to being nice!”

        Miss Kim sneers at her then laughs only adding fuel to other party wrath.”It was just a joke.”

        “You think this is funny?” She snap.

        She glares at her with hatred in her cruel dull eyes. “You are an extremely arrogant. Aren't you?”

        Their heated quarrel continues. It was definitely a war of words and who can hurt the other one worse. Both of them at each other throats like savage hungry dogs fighting over dominance. Meanwhile, their student remain calm, didn't feel bothered at all.

        Jiyeon lift up her eyebrow.”Didn’t they feel ashamed?”

        “Nope. Just let them be.” Luna told her.

        After an hour of arguing, finally they let student breathe freely before die in boredom. Some of them decided to practice while the rest was leaving. In other side, Jiyeon observe Jungkook carefully to sneak away.

        Jiyeon sigh in relief as soon as she's outside.”Let's see how big this school.”

        Almost thirty minutes Jiyeon spend to walk around. There is no something strange with the school; classroom, canteen, lab, auditorium, library were all normal. Each room has at least has two CCTV for monitoring students, decreasing possibility if there is student who trying to break the rule. Then, she decided to look at building behind. They said it was previous building, but they don't know when school will tear down the building although it's been six years.

        The hallway is broad and straight like the old canal that cuts through the town, only instead of watery greens overhung by new foliage it is all scarred and peeling paint. The floor is shiny though, just like the water in the mornings, brought to a high polish by the caretaker.

        Jiyeon feels a hand pat her shoulder.”Ahjumma.” It made her jolted by a sudden shock

        Jiyeon turned around, facing Jungkook with bored face.”What do you want?”

        Jungkook narrowed his eyes.”Nothing. It's just you look suspicious.”

        “Mind your own business, Jeon Jungkook.” Jiyeon left him, continued walking.

        Jungkook catch her up,”My business is making you quit this school.” But his last word disappeared due to cough.

        Then she tilted her head upwards, and smirking.”If so, hurry up and marry me.” She exclaimed.”Anyway are you not feeling well? is it because of last night?”

        Jungkook exhale, letting the air blow his emotion away. See, they're not match each other. Jungkook's mind already imagined how their life of marriage will go; arguing, fighting, debating, everything will turn ugly, for sure.

        “Maybe,” He coughing again, this time is longer than previous one.”Seriously, it was so cold.”

        “You'd better take the medicine and get some sleep before it's getting worse.” Jiyeon gave him advice.

        “This is the first time you act based on your age, ahjumma.” Those words made Jiyeon gave him a death glare. She was so regret to concern about his health.

        “As if I'll give a damn about that.” She reply bitterly.“ Oh! by the way, do you know where Taehyung is?” Jiyeon asked after a moment silence enveloped them.

        Hearing Taehyung name, that uncomfortable feeling appeared from deep of his heart again.”Why?” He hissed.

        “I want to apologize, I know went too far.” She replied, crossing both of her arms.”But I won't tell him that I'm Jiji.”

        Jungkook nods,”Then, you're in the way. Keep walking and turn left when you see red red roses. You'll find him there.”

        Jiyeon's mouth stretch, creating playful smile.”Oho! you know him so well, huh?”

        Before he could utter a word, Jiyeon already take big steps and left him behind. She doesn't want to hear roar of Jungkook. So noisy, and it would be bad for her ears health. For exchange, Jiyeon waved her hand without looking at Jungkook while saying,”Thanks for your information!”

        Jungkook follow her quietly. He doesn't need that. Jiyeon must know he will satisfied if his eyes are watching her action. It's not eavesdropping, he just want to know if Jiyeon would keep her words or not.

        Jungkook was right. She finds Taehyung. He was sitting on the old chair while smoking. Jiyeon watches him. He inhaled slowly, as if his system responding to the smoke, and he felt his lungs being wrapped by a warm blanket. Taking small, slow draws of the cigarette, he felt calmed, like he had never felt before.

        “Ahem,” Jiyeon cleared .

        Taehyung recognise her voice, so he didn't get much shock. Instead, he acted like Jiyeon wasn't there. Seconds by seconds wasted, they remain silent as awkwardly tracing the outlines of each brick while judging whispers swirled in the air around the large space.

        Jiyeon presses her lips together before says,”I apologize for last night. I know I wasn't in the position to give you advice.”

        “Just leave me alone when I'm still nice.” He said coldly.

        Jiyeon take out a gray lunch box from her bag.”Alright. Here, accept this as my apologies.”

        Every muscle on Taehyung's face tightens, eyes narrowed, chin jutted outward. He let out the smoke of cigarette, making Jiyeon coughing so badly. It was as if he had put a piece of coal into her lungs.”Do you think I'm a kid?”

        “This is made by Jiji, you idiot!” Jiyeon's words make him dumbfounded.”It's okay if you don't want this. I'll eat it myself then.”

        Like a lightning blast the earth, Taehyung snatch away that lunch box.”You don't trick me, do you?”

        Jiyeon lift up her lip,”Just look and taste it.” She irritated. Jiyeon woke up early in the morning, tried to make it same as ten years ago, yet this boy in front of her doubted it.

        Taehyung opened the lunchbox. There is happiness which he can't describe when he found the character he liked when he was young. It's exactly look alike, but this one is very well made. Well, Jiji had grown up of course. With shaking hand, he took a spoon of it and chew slowly.

        Soon, the taste that he miss the most make his eyes teary. But it's not lasts long. The sounds from his pocket interrupted him.

        “It's me,”

        “...”

        “Okay, I'll be there.” After that very short conversation, he hung up the phone.

        “I need to go.” He walked away without waiting for Jiyeon's reply.”Thanks for the meal and let's talk again later.”

       

        “What was that?” Jungkook appeared behind Jiyeon.”I was enjoying the drama where the female cast hide her identity.”

        Jiyeon rolls her eyes.”If I wasn't mistaken, this is the third time you eavesdrop me. are you worry that I would snatch away your darling? Just admit you still love him.” She started to again.

        Jungkook coughed and then sniffed.”I told you it wasn't like that!”

        “So?”

        Jungkook cannot answer her because he still wasn't sure what he felt. Jiyeon's words rock his mind, leaving it moving in foreign ways, ways he has become unaccustomed to these days. “Like I will tell you,” He's sticking out his tongue.

        Jiyeon clucked.”Right, it has nothing to do with me.” Jiyeon does not care about something like Jungkook loves someone else. As long as Jungkook marr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter