Surprising

Vorfreude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SURPRISING.

 

 

        “There is no introduction for further information. You can ask anything about her later, okay. Now, Jiyeon-ssi, you may sit next to Jungkook,”

        Yes, yes! After suffered from heart attack Jungkook gave, she cheered inwardly. She didn't expect her plan would be going on with ease, slowly but sure things around give her way as if everything has planed and she just follow the flow. But still, she cannot let her guard down since this is still beginning. Unexpected things ready to happen. Right.

        “Don't dare to sit here.”

        Like this. All her hope fly away, knowing that the reality was different from what she’d expected. How's sad but it's okay, it doesn't mean she would not go to school and has another chance anymore. Turn around, she will see what kind of response Mr. Cho gave after Jungkook, with coldly said that she should've had sit here. Jiyeon lift up her edge of her upper lip and ask herself Where the is ... him? Okay, it's so harsh, but how can he disappear without sign like footsteps or something and leave Jiyeon alone with confusion.

        Jiyeon has no choice, she scans around and find the empty chair next to a boy in the corner of the classroom. The boy at the table is whiter than milk with hair that matches the tangerine sitting on his desk. When he looks her way it's with a grin that tells her he's gonna be a fun kid to know. It's that sort of half smile that ticks up on one side. He looks away again, pale brown eyes to the desk, but not in shyness. With that withdrawn gaze she has been dismissed. He doesn't care if she is his new friends or not, or perhaps that's just what he wants Jiyeon to think. She takes a step closer to the empty seat at his side but in seconds a kid cuts in front of her and sits down. Instantly they're knee deep in conversation, thick as thieves.

        You fool! Jiyeon let out her curse again.

        And for the last time she cast around for another spot, just one, right at the front on an empty desk with nothing but the graffiti to keep her company.

        Jiyeon sighed. This will be a long way to go.

        Jiyeon’s POV

        There I am, tapping my school desk repetitively with the end of my pencil, staring out of the window, wishing I was anywhere but here.

        It was my first day at my new high school, or should I say just for about a moment. The hallways seemed busier, the students seemed less friendly and, the teachers didn't seem to care that I didn't know my way around. Finally, the lunch bell rang and I was freed from the history class I didn’t bother to follow. Well, I already understand about it long ago when I was junior highschool. You must know, I’m pretty smart.

        I slung my backpack over my shoulder and picked up my map, determined to find the cafeteria without help. Big football players raced past me in an effort to get their lunch first and cliques of cheerleaders clotted the stairs. As I walked into the lunchroom alone, looking desperately for an empty table, someone tapped my shoulder. “You look lonely,” The boy who gave me a death glare this morning, now smile at me, a bright smile yet I saw it creepy.”Would you like to come with me for a moment?”

        The air around me suddenly feel so cold like the extreme season blast a summer. Quiet, not long enough until I find myself was the center of everyone's attention. I have two speculation running in my head. Seems like the person in front of me was none other than a kingka, or maybe a rare creature that haven't spoken with anyone. I turn my gaze to meet Jungkook's, and I know I don't have any option but says,”Sure.”

        I follow Jungkook quietly, until we reach the end of the building. I guess. I saw a door left ajar cast an white beam into the sultry night. It was odd for a door to be left open in this part of school, as a rule they were shut, locked and double bolted. He approached the door and called out. There was no answer. He pushed the door and it swung open with ease, a blast of air conditioned cold streamed past me when I catch him up to the room.

        “Ahjumma! what the heck are you doing here?!” Okay, he is so straightforward.

        I leaned against the wall while scanning the room which I'm sure this is the chemical room after I saw a lot of tube, water with various colors in it.”Ehm, I'll answer your question but can you at least stop call me ahjumma?”

        “Just answer!” Gosh, it would be great if I can just kick his .

        Hold on, am I seriously going to tell this embarrassing thing, even it's just a fake and lie motive of me? it's fine, to be honest but I just can guarantee that I won't be burst into laugh. Ehm, damn... I cannot step back, can I?

        So, okay. There I go.”That night, you said that you won't married without love, and than this idea came from nowhere.” I paused for a moment with, cleared my throat before going on,”I mean, if I can make you to feel it, then we can ...ehm, I just thought it will go well as long as I try my best.” Enough. That's it! I can feel my mouths were trembling. I can't let this situation get worse and everything turned ugly.

        A minute, two minutes, three minutes passed since I last utter a word, but he didn't say anything but stare right into my eyes. I had no idea what he's thinking about. Probably, he wants to curse me yet he couldn't let it out because the curse was not just one sentence while I bet, he wants to end this soon so he would choose limited words that can interprete his whole thought, like just die already you old fart! or don't with me or maybe just tell me to off.

        Finally, when I was about to head out because of too long reply, he said,“Don't ever come back to this school anymore because there is no way I will fall in love with you! or else, I'll report you to the home teacher and tell them to kick your off here.”

        I turned my body to face him. I’ve expected this, so I don't make a specific expression except blink for several time with my bored face.”Errr ...don't you have any curses aside from that? or should I say, it weren't even a curse, I guess.”

        “It's not the time for your stupid joke, you know that!” he said as he approached me until just maybe ten centimeter in front of my face. So close. His eyes were a knife in my ribs, the sharp point digging deeper. His eyes flashed with indignance and anger, much like lightning on a pitch black night.

        “Can you consider it?”

        “No.”

        “I can cook,”

        “No.”

        “I can do housework,”

        “No.”

        “I may not be Taylor swift, but I bet I can make your bed rock. I can satisfy you,”

        “What? NO!”

        “Why? you're so cruel,”

        “I've told you but you make your ears deaf.”

        “I've gone so far for fight my love,”

        “It has nothing to do with me.”

        “I won't give up easily!”

        “I'm being serious here,”

        “Me too,”

        “How can I get rid of your stupid idea? can you just go over my reason? Today, tomorrow, the day after, and the days from that on. I tell you for the last time, I would not give a chance to you even when in this entire life was only you as the woman alive.”

        I snorted.”Man, you're so interesting,” And after that, I find myself move forward, giving a peck against the lips of Jungkook.

        “The hell are you doing!” He roared while pushed me. Time seems to slow down when I'm falling. In the seconds it took me to reach the ground I knew it was going to hurt.

        “Ack!” I groaned in pain.

        I looked up. I could see all that rage came out faster than magma and just as destructive in his eyes. Burning rage hissed through his body like deathly poison, screeching a demanded release in the form of unwanted violence. It was like a volcano erupting; fury sweeping off him like ferocious waves.

        “I've warned you!” Cold and bold, he said it as walking out the room, refuse to arguing any further. Seriously, was it his first kiss or something? it's just something common in Canada though, not something that you should ashamed of. Ups!... is it because of culture, perhaps?

        However, I saw him step back, and err... snapped?

        Curious filled me, I stood up and thrown my gaze toward the direction of Jungkook's eyes. There is a boy in the entrance, the same boy who I thought he was nice to let me sit beside him this morning yet he is just ignorant people.

        Seconds later, Jungkook is walking forward and out of the room while using his shoulder to smack against that boy's quite hard, leaving just both of us here.

        Hmm, it's obvious that they're not in the good term.

        The boy made his way toward me.”Turns out a new comer has a relationship with the most unapproachable boy in this school.” He said, walking passed me and sat on the window that he opened.

        My new school friend smells like peaches. I get this urge to sit closer to him just to take in the aroma but it's not polite, so I only turned around and give him smile.“Of course, he is ...” My soon-to-be-husband. I wanna say that, but I'm sure if Jungkook heard this he is going to eat me alive.”My close buddy. His father and mine is best friend.”

        I took a glance at his name tag with Kim Taehyung written all over it. I sense something about him, but I don't know exactly what it is; feeling bitter, pain, anger, loneliness, confuse, hesitate, gloomy, all mixed up and covered with his smiled that he showed me. I just can came with conclusion that he wears a mask.

        “I see. He's the best buddy, yet you have to careful not to make him angry.” He blurted it out of the blue.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter