Death and New People

It Was All Real, Wasn't It?

"H-Hold up! Wait for me at least!" Luhan didn't have to say that. Before I knew it, he was already ahead of me. We walked, what seemed seemed like miles. Before we knew it we were at Jongin's house. The doors were boarded up, including the windows. Kai must've got what I meant. I began banging on the door.

"Baekhyun stop." Luhan made me stop banging. I didn't even think of calling out Kai's name. "Baekhyun, you're gonna attract zombies."

"Oh shoot. Sorry." Me and Luhan looked arounf the house for any open spots we can look through but found none. "Kai! Kim Jongin! Are you there?!"

"Who are you? How do you know my name?!" Kai's voice was heard from inside. "Kai! It's me! Baekhyun! I got Luhan too! Open up!"

"I can't open up! You have to use the ladder up my house and get in threw the roof!" Uhhg. Not a roof again. I looked around for a ladder and found one at the back of the house. First I climbed the ladder up with Luhan after. After getting on the roof we headed toward the trapdoor and entered the house. 

"Baekhyun!" Kai jumped on me for a hug. "I almost thought you were dead! So you already packed your stuff? Where's your mom?" The whole room went silent. "O-oh....Sorry Baekhyun... Do you guys want some drinks? I have some green tea. Lemme get you guys some." Kai left the room and walked to the kitchen. I silently stayed there waiting for Kai's return. Kai came back with 3 cups minutes later.

"Here's some tea." Ignoring Kai my thought went on. What if nothing goes back to normal? What if everyone else I love and care about die? Is our world going to be demolished by these creatures? No. No. No... This can't be happening. This is a dream. A Dream. A DREAM. IT'S NOT REAL.

"Baekhyun! Calm down! Baekhyun!"

"No! NO! This is not real life! No! NO! NO! AHH! NOO! IT'S NOT REAL. THIS IS ALL FAKE!" I knew well that my sanity was breaking. But I couldn't stop it. If this is how my life was going to end...then my death would be pretty pathetic.Luhan stopped me in time. A sting of pain across my cheek along with a loud sound.

"Face the facts Byun Baekhyun! This is reality! There's no escaping it! Guh-!" Blood scattered across my face. Screams of agony roamed the house.

"L-LUHAAAN! NO!" I cried. Luhan's face was full of pain. He screamed like hell. Kai was standing as still as a statue. Scared.

"J-JUST GO! RUN AWAY! BEFORE MORE OF THEM COME! PLEASE!" Luhan ordered them. I was still crying. But I didn't want Luhan's death to be so useless. I ran, grabbed our stuff and paralized Kai, and just ran. Didn't know where I was heading. All I knew is that we needed to run away. Kai finally became conscious. I fell on the hard cement ground scraping my knee.

"Baekhyun! You okay?!" Tears was flooding. I couldn't stop them. Two of the ones I cared for just died. Zombies somehow got in Kai's house. What do we do?

"L-Luhan...is d-dead." Kai burst into tears as well. After having our fair share of crying, we decided to move on. "K-Kai! There's a supermarket across the street!"

"But Baekhyun there's a huge amount of zombies!" Kai was correct. There was a bunch of zombies...

"We'll wing it! We'll run over, open the doors, and the once we're in, we'll shut the door and baracate it. You with me?"

"...Fine. Only because I trust you. I swear if I die because of you-"

"It's okay, we'll make it. Luhan should be watching over us by now right?" Kai nods. We dart to the front entrance. Zombies, slowly attracted. But we grabbed rocks and threw them in a different direction to give us more time. The door was shut tightly. The both of us slammed our bodies as hard as we could toward the door. The door finally openned when zombies were about to reach. Dashing in the building, we shut the door and barricated with everything we saw. Out of breath we half-fived each other. My lungs were on fire, when suddenly...

"Who are you people?!" I look up to see two boys holding guns at us. Kai yelped.

"W-Woah. Don't shoot. We just came for safety. We won't cause any harm, nor will we kill you."

"Are you sure we can trust you guys?"

"Yes of course! We won't hurt you guys. Please, let us stay here for a bit."

"..........Okay." I finally relaxed. "By the way, I'm Chen. And this guy is Xiumin."

"Oh. I'm Baekhyun."

"I'm Kai."

The so called 'Chen' had a cat-like mouth. Nice cheek bones. Looked similar to a dinosaur. Xiumin on the other hand had cheeks which resembled baozis and looked about my age. I was the first to make my way over to them and Kai followed.

"Thank you for letting us stay."

"No problem. What's your guy's stories?" Xiumin asked. What did he mean?

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what were you guys before this happened."

"Oh. Um. I was a dance teacher. Taught kids the basic of dancing. Called Baekhyun to pick up my friend and this happened. If I had to be honest, when I found out about the zombie outbreak, when Baekhyun called me, I thought Baekhyun was going to die. No offense."

"No. I would think the same. Well, I was....a teacher as well. I taught children mathmatics. I was on my break."

"Oh cool I guess. Well. I was a singer."

"I was a barista."

"Um...So what do we do?" Kai was getting bored. I'm pretty hungry. "Oh! I have snacks. You guys want some pepero?" I grabbed a cookies and cream pepero out of my duffle bag. Xiumin and Chen eagerly looked at the snack.

"Woah. It's been a while since I ate any snacks. How about you Xiumin?"

'Y-yeah. I forgot how they taste." Say what? How long has this zombie out break been happening?

"How long has this zombie out break been happening?"

"What? You don't know?" Me and Baekhyun both shaked our heads as Xiumin told us the details. "It's been going on for about a month! How do you not know?!" What? Nothing was happening though! How did this just slip from under my nose?

"What?!" Kai shouted.

"Kai calm down. Let's just enjoy our peace while it lasts. Here, let's eat some snacks." We started munching on our snacks. When we suddenly heard banging on the door. Everyone shook and stood up. I grabbed everything we had on the floor and stuffed it in my bag. Xiumin and Chen had their guns pointed at the door. Someone broke threw the door and baracated the door. It was one person only. The man didn't notice us until Chen shouted.

"How many people are going to come? Do you guys know him?" We shook our heads in sync. "Ok. Who are you?" The man that just broke in had dark eye circles and had a large figure.

"No. Who are you guys?"

"Hey! We asked you first!"

"I'm.....Tao."

 


 

Not beta'd once again ;-;