Changes

It Was All Real, Wasn't It?

"Mom! I'm heading out! I'm going to pick up Taemin for Kai!"

"Okay! Come back as quick as you can! Because I heard th-"

"Bye Mom!!"

"Baekhy-"

I shut the door before she got to say anything. I knew what she was gonna say. 'I heard on the news that something bad is going to happen.' Why in the world would something so bad, happen so quick? Before I knew it I was on my motorcycle. Started the engine up, then headed towards the training camp Taemin trained at. That's weird. The streets are oddly empty. Even though I knew I should've been suspicious, I didn't think I had time too. Just kept going forward. When I got to the training camp, there was no one there. It was all deserted. I parked my motorcycle and called Kai.

"Kai?"

"Oh, hey dude. Did you pick up Taemin yet?"

"No...I don't see anyone. Are you sure he's here?"

"Yes Baekhyun. I'm positive. Called him an hour ago. Wait. No one is there?"

"No...There's absolutely no one. Maybe I should look around."

"Should I go with you?"

"No. It's fine. I can handle by myself. Plus I have a bad feeling if you were there. Where are you anyways?"

"Im at home."

"Okay. Stay there while I look for Taemin. If I don't find him I'll head back to my house and contact you."

"Baekhyun. This sounds serious the way you're putting it. Are you sure you're okay by yourself."

"Yes Kai. For the last time I'm fine on my own. Got to go okay? Call you later. Bye~"

"Bye. Stay safe Baekhyun."

After the call ended, I shut my phone off and tuck it in my pocket. Just in case I grab my mini pocket knife. Probably won't be of use but just for precaution. Then after I was done preparing, I finally decided to enter the building. Blood was...well.. basically everywhere. What happened here? Did someone accidently shoot another? No, not possible. Everyone here was trained, can't happen. Just looking at the crimson red liquid made me cringe. Somewhere in my gut, felt like I would have to get used to this. Groans were heard from here all the way to the last room at the end of the hall way. Should I check the stairs. Heck no. Looked creepy as hell. If this some kind of joke. Pieces of flesh and organs layed randomly on the stairs. Maroon liquid dripped down from each step. I took my courage and went to check the last room. Carefully, I walked down the bloody hallway. I finally made it to the last room. Groans becoming louder.

"GRAUUAHHHH!!"

The door was jolting and I got scared. Then the door broke down and out came a disgusting thing. It was human. Or should I say, was human. Whatever it was, it was not human anymore. The thing had a large hole, that was most likely eaten away, around the stomach, was bleeding from the eyes, lips, and all wounds. Flesh was peeled of at most areas revealind the red muscles. Wait a minute. Those features seemed familiar. Those eyes, large lips, and messy brown hair. . It's Taemin. I can't pick him up anymore. Obviously. . Taemin isn't human anymore. He's dead...but alive. I need to call Kai. In five seconds I'm already in a call with Kai. Oh god the zombie movies are coming to life! Got to leave. And I mean NOW. My legs were trembling but that didn't stop me from running as fast as I could.

"Yes hello? Baekhyun?"

"K-Kai. Don't come. I repeat don't come."

"Hah! What game are you playing?"

"Kai. Taemin is dead. Hurry and evacuate. Wait for me at your house. If you dont see me in one hour, I'm either dead or off somewhere else. And when that hour passes and I'm not there, just leave this area without me. Just leave. Zombies. Pack everything you need. And after one hour passes, GET THE OUT OF HERE. Look for comrades if you have to. Whatever you do, just leave this area. I don't have much time. Please. Listen to what I say. I beg you. Believe me."

"W-what?"

"Kai. please. This is good bye for now."

I end the call. That was so serious. Who knew I can be that serious? I was getting so close to freedom. The front door. The only problem is... ZOMBIES ARE AT THE FRONT ENTRANCE. My only choice now. Upstairs. Ignoring the organs and flesh, I darted upstairs. Not thinking what would be up there. Damn. Zombies are fast. How come their not fast in the movies?! I made it upstairs and didn't stop to think. Just started climbing the ladder to the rooftop. In the movies, zombies can't climb. Thank god it was true. This can't be real life. It just can't. How am I not crying? Wait, scratch that, just started. Few minutes pass and I was on the rooftop. I am freaking out. Hella.

"Who are you?!" a deep voice asks me who I was. I turn to the questioner. Only to find a blood covered boy who had large ears. Who am I? Who is he?!

"No! WHO ARE YOU?!"

"You didn't answer my question. Who are you?!"

"Why should I tell you?!" . He pointed his gun at me. "Tell me. Or do you want to die?" Uhh...I'll tell him...Or I might never be able to meet Kai or my mom ever again.

"W-woah bro calm down. I-I'm Byun B-Baekhyun. Now. Put the gun down." He pulls the gun away from my direction.

"Why are you here?"

"Did you not hear a heard of flesh eating zombies chasing me?"

"Well, hurry up and leave before he gets here. I don't want you getting killed for this."

"W-what?"

The boy grunts. Out of no where another boy appears.

"CHANYEOL?! WHO THE IS HE?!"

"Calm down Kris. He was just about to leave."

"Y-yeah bro. I was just about to leave. Calm the hell down." Oh god I shouldn't have said that. The moment I said that I was having difficulty breating and my feet couldn't reach the floor. This 'Kris' was holding me up by the collar and it was making it so damn hard to breath. "Kuh-ah-oah-ku-"

"Kris stop it!" I was thrown on the floor while pain seered all through my body. my arm hurts. Then I saw my sleeves were red. The heck? When did that get there? I rolloed my sleeves revealing a fairly large cut. (Not a zombie bite btw...) What the hell?

"Chanyeol! Don't stop me!"

"Kris you can't kill people for no reason!" Woah. How many people did this 'Kris' kill? Probably the amount of zombies that now reside on our world. By that I mean a ton.

"Chanyeol!"

"Just let him go Kris. Killing him won't solve nothing." Uhh...getting kind of awkward. Ok lets play the game of "Kill him or Not!! Staring Byun Baekhyun!" The crazy serial killer finally decides to let me go. "Fine. *grunt* Go the hell back to where you came from."

"Oh. Okay so you mean my mom?"

"JUST GO."

" okay." Wait. They are not telling me to go back down there are they? Aw hell no. Oh great. Thank god. There was another ladder down the side of the building. Next to my motorcycle. But...It's REALLY rusty. Doesn't look like it'll be able to hold me long enough. I'll take it anyways. It's better than going back to the zombie infested building. Like seriously, where did they come from. Slowly making my way over, I turn around. Kris was gone, but Chanyeol was still there. Oh yeah I still need to thank him.

"Oh, um, Chanyeol was it?" He jumps a bit. Startled by the sudden call.

"Y-yes. You are correct."

"Ok, thanks for saving me from death by that 'Kris' you call him."

"No problem man. I doubt we'll meet again anyways." What did he mean by that?

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. Just leave. Quickly. Night time is coming." I was still questioning him. Was he implying that I will die? Or he will die? Or he just thinks we'll never see each other again. But forget about that I have to go. God this can't be real. It's all a dream. Zombies aren't real. But as for now, I'm going to believe it. One step on the rusty old ladder already sent shivers down my spine. A loud creak came from the ladder each time I went one down. When I was finally on the last step the ladder almost fell on me. Don't ask what I was doing. Screaming for my life. That's what. Still screaming, I realize the ladder didn't fall yet. I look up and see Chanyeol holding the ladder. Thanks again, I nod and get on my motorcycle, making my way back to my house. This time, zombies were everywhere. My motorcycle, made loud noises. It attracted the zombies, but was still an efficient way of of getting to places. I got to my house and noticed the door was opened. Not a good sign. Then I got all of my courage and stepped into the house.

"M-Mom? Are you here?"

No answer. I decided to check all the rooms. My room? No one. Kitchen? Nope. Living room. Big nope. Bathroom? No. And lastly, my mom's room. I know my dad ain't here. He's already dead. Since I was little. Leaving me and my mom alone. I can't get to emotional.

"MOM!" I rushed over to see my mom. She was sleeping! How can she be sleeping in this mess?! "Mom wake up! We need to go. NOW." It hasnt been an hour. Kai must still be there. I have to hurry.

"Huh? What is it Baekhyun?"

"Mom! We need to pack our things and leave!"

"Why Baekhyun?"

"Mom! It'll be dangerous if we stay here!" I run to my room and grab a duffle bag, shoving my snacks in it. Then dove in the kitchen, grabbing all of our canned food. Uhg. The bag was halfway filled with cans. Heavy as hell. The snacks were in a different pocket in the bag. Good. Food. Check. After getting the food I darted to my room grabbing thick clothes and jackets. Thank god I watched those horror zombie movies. If not I would've been dead by now. Uhg. The bag is so goddamn heavy. I grabbed 2 bottles of shampoo just in case. And the back up gun.

"Mom. We have to go!"

"AHHHH!!! BAEKHYUNNN!!!"

"MOOM?!" I rushed over to my mom's aid. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She was getting mauled by a zombie that got threw the window.

"BAEKHYUN!! RUN! LEAVE QUICKLY!"

"MOM! NO DON'T LEAVE ME!!" Then someone grabbed my arm and pulled me away. "NOO!! MOOOMMM!!" Tears were falling off my face. My face getting red and hotter. "LET GO OF ME! M-MY MOM!!"

"SHE'S GONE!"

"NO SHE'S NOT! NOT YET!" I was still argueing. I didnt even know who this person was yet. Why did I still disagree when I knew he was right? The man made me climb a tree. I wasn't budging so he forcibly pulled me up. "WHO THE HELL ARE Y-" Oh my....It was Luhan?! What is Luhan doing here?!

"L-LUHAN?!"

"YES YOU IDIOT WHO ELSE?!"

"M-m-my mom! Why's you leave her! She ws all-"

"SHE is gone! BAEKHYUN! YOU KNOW SHE'S GONE!"

"I-I......"

"Good. You know." My tears were still running. Oh wait. Kai is still waiting for me!

"Luhan I have to go! Kai is waiting for me! My motorcyc-" I looked around me. Noticed we weren't near my house anymore.

"You dummy. We're near Kai's house. He contacted me. Saying something saying you might me dead."

"Hurry up!" I already jumped off the tree and ran to Kai's house. Luhan following behind.

 


 

Not beta'd by the way.