Ken

Error Code N

*2 years ago*

 

Before Ken met N there were situations in which Ken did not have the solution too. Ken did not have many friends, well he had two but they were his cousins so he did not really think of them as friends. Despite have no friends, Ken seemed content with his life. He wasn't picked on and did well in class. His parents wanted him to have a better education so sent him abroad to study and since Ken did not really have a say in this he just went with the flow.

Studying abroad was difficult for Ken at first, he went to an all English-speaking school, even though he was learning English back in Korea, he was only ever average with the complex language. Despite all this he really enjoyed his time abroad even though making friends was difficult he didn't seem to be that bothered.

Much like any other day Ken started his day with breakfast, and then was the long bus journey to school. It had already been 6 months since Ken had transferred, and in these 6 months he had already figured out the different types of people in the school, most of them were toxic friends so Ken did not bother associating with anyone because he didn't see the point in having fake friends. The bus journey was long because Ken, being Ken always left the house slightly later than he should meaning that he had to take the school bus. On the days where he leaves the house on time are the days when he gets a public bus, even though the nearest bus stop was a 5 minute walk from the school he didn't mind because he got away from the noisy 'kids' on the school bus. 

Ken's first lesson was drama, he went into the drama studio and sat in his designated seat. The teacher came in with 2 new students. Ken looked up and and studied the two stood at the front of the classroom. The teacher got the class to quieten down before introducing the two. 

"Good morning class, as you can see, we have two Korean exchange students, do you want to introduce yourselves?'

'Hello, I'm Hyuk, nice to meet you.'

'Hello, I'm Hongbin.'

The teacher told them where to sit and Ken could not stop thinking about why the exchange students looked so familiar. After a few moments he remembered that the new exchange students were his cousins. Unlike Ken, Hyuk and Hongbin were exchange students so they would not be permanently at the school, they were only there for 6 months whilst Ken would be there until graduation. Ken was happy to finally have some company and not spend his lunch alone. He preferred to be alone though but now that Hyuk and Hongbin were here his lunches would be so much better. 

The three aren't blood related cousins, when Hyuk and Hongbin's parents went overseas to work they left the two to Ken's parents becaus etheir parents were really good friends. Because the two families were so close they didn't treat each as friends but as family so by default their children would be 'cousin'. Little is known about Hyuk and Hongbin's parents, all they knew was that their parents were scientists and that they worked on a big investigation which meant that the two ccould not join them when they had to leave since it was still in working process and the company didn't want the employees to be distracted before the investigation was over.

During the 6 months the three spent together they talked a lot about then they were younger and how they would go to the theme park to go on the big rides. Like most kids, they wanted to see who was braver and who had more courage. And since Ken couldn't actually swim they avoided going to the water parks, even though Hyuk and Hongbin wanted too they preferred to have a friend that was alive rather than dead, not physically dead for emotionally dead. Of course, being such great friends meant that they were comfortable with each other and could say almost anything to each other. 

The 6 months were finally over and despite Ken showing no emotion at the airport he was extremely sad to see his cousins go. Not only that, he missed how and missed the food. Here, he only ever ate sandwiches or pasta because that was the just living style the people here chose and Ken did not seem to enjoy it because he was so use to home cooking.

It was soon the next term, and despite it being a fair few weeks after Hyuk and Hongbin left Ken was still bitter. He had heard rumours in the school that a new student would be joining the school and that they were Korean. Ken was obviously happy to here this as he was the only Korean one is his class. There were other Korean people in the school but they sort of distant themselves away from Ken. Ken was bothered by this action at first but got use to it in the following months after he joined. Ken spotted the new student stood at student services waiting for his timetable to be printed off, and as Ken was already running later he decided not the greet the new student yet and was going to wait until break or lunch to introduce himself. As always, the teacher waited for the class to be quiet until they introduce the new student.

'Hello, my name is Hakyeon, nice to meet you' N introduce himself before walking over to his seat.

To Ken's surprise the new student Hakyeon was sat on the table next to Ken. Again, to his surprise N began greeting him in Korean and Ken never felt so 'at home' after moving abroad. The friendship started off quiet slow, and N's English was better than anyone expected. N was the shy sort of student and like Ken, no one interacted with him. In the school, the two were invisible to the world, and no one cared or no one seemed to know about their existence. Well, apart from the small group of Korean students, at first they approached N because they wanted to get to know him but soon found out that he was shy and would be difficult to get close to so they began to give up. Their first attempt was to each lunch with him but he just got up and left because he wasn't comfortable with so many people. Another attempt was to talk to during break in the classroom but he just plugged him his earphones and ignored them all before they could talk to him. He wasn't trying to be rude, well, he just didn't want to associate with those type of people. 

Ken and N was becoming better friends day by day and now they spent lunch together talking in Korean so no one knew what they were talking about. It took N a while to tell Ken about calling him N instead of Hakyeon. 

It was finally graduation, and despite only studying at the school for 2 years, well for Ken 5, they enjoyed most of it. And the two decided to move back to Korea and go to university there. Ken and N were more than happy to leave the pasta and sandwiches behind and move back to the comfort of their own home. Since Ken and N wanted to take the same subject they decided to go to the same university. And luckily they both got in and instead of renting a room offered by the university they rented a apartment that N's parents owned, the rent was cheaper but the rooms were bigger. At first, N's parents insisted that they did not have to pay rent but N wanted to be independent and Ken didn't want to live there without paying for anything. 

Things for Ken didn't turn out so bad and he was getting use to the life back in Korea, even though it had changed slightly after he left, not major happened and he was glad to be back home.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: So here in yet another chapter. I know my chapters have a messed up order and maybe doesn't make sense sometimes, but thank you for reading. You can comment of ideas you think of or if you find mistakes or even if you are just confused about my writing, I'll be glad to answer them. This chapter is about Ken's back story, well parts of it anyway. And yeah, Hyuk and Hongbin are brothers. I'm going to write a Christmas special, but it won't be a very long chapter (sorry). But I hope you have enjoyed this chapter, and hope you are all doing well ^_^