Chapter 2: Interactions

Tough love (T.O.P Fanfiction)

Previous & next chapters: Refer to master list here

Chapter 2: Interactions

“Let’s give her a clap!” -Seungri chirped and get the whole members to clap for me as a welcome.
“Sorry, he’s a MC so his tone and actions are just-“ -Jiyong quietly told me as he sat beside me.
“It’s fine, there’s no harm. Small gestures full of sincerities like this are just something i appreciate. A lot” -I nodded in approval.
“Your answers are so full of surprises” -Jiyong looked at me with a scrutinised face.
“Yeah and thanks for bringing me my shirt too! I was searching high and low, almost freaked out too” -Youngbae added.
“It’s the king’s instruction” -I replied him, and Jiyong chuckled.
“King?” -Seungri and Daesung asked, while T.O.P just keept quiet and Youngbae kept his cool and smiled.
“Me” -Jiyong acknowledged himself, “Inside joke” -He added and smiled.

“Let’s get you changed” -The stylists came in to the common room where we were all at and made them change.
“Hyung, how is it that you always change before us?” -Seungri whined like a small boy infront of T.O.P.
“It’s just you guys are slow. Hurry up and get changed. I wanna get to the hotel fast” -He instructed and the rest of them slowly proceeded to their own room.
“[Y/N], you can just stay here. I’ll be removing these make ups and change out of these sweaty clothes only” -Jiyong instructed. So do as the king says, was what i did. Sat there alone, with the oldest member of the group - T.O.P, and it was awfully awkward and quiet between us. Not that i have anything to say to him or that i mind though, i shrugged and opened up my diary to list down Jiyong’s schedules for tomorrow.

“Are you angry?” -His deep voice sitting opposite of me suddenly distracted me.
“Angry?” -I asked, thinking about what his question meant, “Over the misunderstanding earlier?” -I asked again to double confirm my suspicion. He nodded. “No,” -I said, “It’s just a misunderstanding, so i didn’t put it to heart” -I answered.

“Hmm” -He nodded in understanding, “How did you get in anyway? By connection?” -He asked and give the kind of face as if he’s in deep thought, “Yang Hyung Suk don’t usually hire girls as managers” -He commented again.

I sighed internally in my own thoughts upon hearing those words. Not that he’s wrong about the latter part because it’s true that he always hire guys as managers. But getting in through connection? Seriously? That was downright rude, and offending. There could be thousands of other reasons to doubt on how i might i have gotten in, but that was the first thing that pop to his mind? Through connection?

“Well things change” -I said, trying to sound not-sarcastic at all but (almost) rolled my eyes. Also tried my very best not to add on any more words/ sentence/ arguments regarding the topic that irritated me because i needed this job and offending this dude (though not my responsibility and not inside my job scope) might get me fired. On my first day. Well No, that is not going to happen. 

“Have you never considered how offending your words might sound? Especially if it’s untrue?” -I blurted, and regretted instantly. I knew my patience and downright straight-forwardness could get me in trouble someday. I had high hopes and relied on my own patience about this but nope, yours truly decided to snap because she can’t stand being blamed for something she didn’t do. Damn, my righteous self. But hell yeah you’re good, my righteous self. 

He looked at me wide-eyed in surprise. “I wasn’t intentionally trying to sound offending though”- He said slowly, “I was just saying out what’s on my mind” -He explained slowly again. As if he was handling a very fragile object - which is me. 

“Well then, guess i was just too sensitive” -I shrugged, trying to end the conversation, but couldn’t stay in this room with him for another minute. Why not? Because i can. Giving answer is my forte sometimes. Oh well. 

“Jiyong might need some towel so…..” -I trailed off and started to get up, but only to find the door clicking and the said king appeared with Seungri. 

“The rest are still changing” -Seungri explained even though no one asked, and i pass Jiyong a towel since his forehead and hair are trickling with perspiration. “Thank you [Y/N]” -Jiyong thanked, “Woah, [Y/N], such concern. I want a towel too!” -Seungri whined and Jiyong threw him one before i even passed him or reply him anything.

“GD, V.I, can you guys come out for a moment? We forgot to dry your hair” -The stylists popped in again and they followed suit. Leaving me with just T.O.P alone, again. I ignored and keep calm, while doing my own thing again.

But i can’t help to notice it. The piece of confetti paper that’s stuck on his neck.

“You have a piece of confetti paper stuck on your neck” -I said casually, still looking down and writing Jiyong’s schedule for tomorrow. “Oh”- he replied and tried to swat off the pieces paper. But it was tiny, and he kept on missing that spot. 

“Uh, over there” - I said again and motioned on my neck about roughly where it is. “Up… towards the left, just a little…” -I instructed, but just that one tiny little spot that he could never get. He grunted after a while of not getting it, “Can you just remove it for me?” -He asked.

With one swift motion, i flicked that piece of paper. Usually, my aiming is good but for some reason, it was slightly off today and i ended up flicking both the paper and a little of his neck skin- which ended up red in a matter of seconds. “I’m so sorry” - I apologised and freaking out at the same time for “hurting” an idol. Though thankfully, he only “ah” in slight pain a little and composed himself again motioning to me that it’s alright with his palm. “Uhhh” -I trailed off again and he looked at me quizzically, “can you swipe off the paper that’s on your shoulder now?” -I said, feeling apologetic and problematic for not doing a perfect-job at flicking the paper off. He looked at me for a moment with one of his eyebrow raised before he speaks. “Since you’re already at it, you should just help me” -He said, and played with his phone again. I swear, this guy prioritises his pictures effect over more than the piece of paper on his body. He have been experimenting with his phone since earlier on to upload on his instagram. I can’t believe it. 

Frustrated, i blew the piece of paper from his shoulders and it flew to the ground. Whew, finally! I turned away and walked back to my seat. “That’s a unique way of removing things” -He chuckled, sipping his glass of wine casually with his legs crossed neatly. Finally looking up at his phone. Okay…….

‘He must have finally found a good effect and possibly uploaded it to his utmost satisfaction’ was the first thought that ran through my mind.

 

To be continued….

(YES, i really need to add the GIFs in. I’ve been too lazy to type all these through my laptop)