Our Times (Yesung)

15 Shades of SJ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The natural occurrence of a human being's mind.

Adults want to go back to school

Students want to grow up
Life's a wild goose chase

Too much money too little time;
too much time to little money.
There doesn't seem to be fairness in this world
What is said to be fair
Never really was.
 


ong Woon stared wistfully out the window. The soft, familiar melody of the piano filled his soul. It reminded him of his high school years. He wanted to go back.Desperately. Before he ripped off someone's neck.

'Carpe collum'* he thought to himself.

Year 2002, final year of high school. Much like your average high school, there are the nerds, the outcasts, the popular ones and the wallflowers. Jong Woon was a little bit of a wallflower,a little popular.Ironically.He blended into the crowd in the halls, but he was always the star of the school when he sang. His popularity came in short bursts. He would be recognized by half of the student body for a week or so, after the annual talent show. After the summer break, he just went back to being a wallflower. Everyone described him as friendly and easy going. He always thought he was nothing more than that. Sure his yearbook would be filled with little comments when graduation came around, but there were only three people who would remember him once the year was over. Jungsoo,Heechul and maybe that sophomore  Ryeowook.
Okay....back to the point.So every school has a belle. Ko Hyo Rim was the belle of Jong Woon's school. She was mildly popular- okay that was a huge understatement. She was wildly popular. Everyday her table would be piled high with confession letters. Just like the rest of the male student body, Jong Woon too had liked her. Who wouldn't?  She had the looks and the brains. Jong Woon himself had had some encounter's with the school belle but that was a store for another time.
Every belle needs a counter part right? Oh Ah Reum was that counter part. She wasn't exactly pretty. Jong Woon managed to see past her frizzy hair and glasses after a long time. Oh Ah Reum.Despite her name meaning "beautiful" she never really showed it. All she cared about was her "Minwoo oppa" and her two other friends.
Jong Woon wasn't exactly sure;as cliché as it sounds,  when he fell for her. He knew it was in the midst of her helping him to win Hye Rim's heart. Then again...what did he know about love.He was a mere senior in high school. Love only meant going on dates and being all PDA in those years. Commitmemt was just a word then. Love meant those you see in Hollywood movies. Sacrificing for each other. None of them truly knew the meaning of love anyway.
Graduation night. It's a memory filled with bittersweet moments. For Jong Woon,it's one filled with regrets. That night, Ah Reum had swapped glasses for contacts. That wasn't the main point though, Jong Woon couldn't care less if she wore glasses.It was cute. Anyway, Jong Woon was a coward.The cowardiest of cowards. He stubbornly refused to listen to Ah Reum's reply of his confession, resisting the possible rejection.  So,they parted ways. Him to obtain a music degree and her to a law degree.They still met up and called one another. Their friendship...never really changed. Through that period, Jong Woon dated Hye Rim for a bit. A month to be truthful. Ah Reum would greet them with a strained smile whenever Jong Woon brought Hye Rim along. Their breakup was partly because Jong Woon felt bad for using Hye Rim to forget about his feelings for Ah Reum.
In those four years, things had chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter