Chapter 7: Pain

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days became weeks, weeks finally passed by after the imperial family meeting. Just by the weeks, many people longed to meet each other, smiles broke on their faces and there are also salty tears to people who just can’t be together. Why? Why must two beautiful hearts just can’t be together? Isn’t fate brought them together at first but why fate tears them apart?

 

 

This is all because of the curse.

 

 

What curse you guys may ask…

 

 

It’s not the comical kind of curses where witches stir a giant big pot of poisonous wine, blood and disgusting insects and animals but the deadly curse that all started from the ancestors. The vicious enemy during the War set a curse to the future generation which is Choi Jang Bin’s children generation. Out of the 7 destined couples, only 3 will be together. The survival test could not only test their love for each other. Love is not enough; love isn’t everything they could depend on. They must sacrifice for the better of people and the safety for them.

 

 

The curse is only known to Minister Hwang and of course King Choi.

 

 

 

TO IMPERIAL FAMILY DATE DAY

Royal Study Hall

“But your majesty, they are destined to be together...”

 

 

“But they must sacrifice, for the well-beings to our people, hundreds, thousands’ fate is all in my hand. I can’t be too selfish to risk just for my beloved children. It’s too risky…” The deep voice cut Won Bin, before ending with a cough. “I can’t survive long; the curse is occurring quick. Won Bin, I have decided…”

 

 

“He’s the best candidate your majesty. He can protect the nation, his brothers.”

 

 

“Annouce it next week, the candidate for the crown prince had been decided.”

 

 

Won Bin nodded firmly as he pressed his lips to a thin line.

 

 

“And…”

 

 

“Yes my majesty”

 

 

“I will agree to the marriage of Prince Wang and one of our Princess. Please announce it next week too. Invite your children too, every officers must be present.”

 

 

The King looked away from Won Bin and gazed out of the ombre sunset, “I hope I’ve made the right decision.” He mumbled and only to felt a shot of pain through his heart. He suppresses on that position. After all these long conversations, the sharp elf ears of the devil heard everything outside.

 

 

“I see…” He said and ended off with a smirk and walked off.

 

 

 

Month of July

Taeyeon walked right beside the sedan chair, today, the Hwangs had been invited to the palace for the hearing. Everyone was surprised too, royal hearing? Why must they go? Taeyeon walked hurriedly as she paused just now in the middle of the streets.

 

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

 

She looked up and finally pulled back to reality. Something about today, she doesn’t seem to going to enjoy it. Taeyeon maybe small, weak but she is very alert and reading people minds. It’s her sixth sense that’s what Mino always says. She frowned a little as she viewed the large doors pulled out, allowing the Hwangs to enter.

 

 

Minister Hwang took a deep breath as he first stepped out of the sedan chair, next was his wife, then Mi Young, Mino, Seung Hoon and Ha Yi. He glanced towards his wife, who clasped her hand tightly together. Then glanced towards Seung Hoon, who had mixed and gloomy aura around him. That reflected to a few days ago heated event.

 

 

TO FEW DAYS AGO

Hwang’s Mansion Study Room

 

 

“What? This is risky! We can’t do this! It will hurt our beloved children!”

 

 

“The maids reported to me, they look interested in one another, trust me. Our children can help in the curse!”
 

 

 

“The curse?” A third voice whispered and let out a gasp.

 

 

This alerted the two secretive person, they immediately opened the door and could only see Seung Hoon eyes b with tears threatening to flow down.

 

 

“Son…”

 

 

“Abeoji… What deadly curse is that?”

 

 

“When the sun meets the moon on a particular day, an eclipse will happen, causing the daylight to be seemed as the night. It happens rarely, whenever the royalty is married to their true love. Wars, starvation, terror and demons come out. Leaving the whole Joseon in a mess that we would want history to repeat itself again.” Minister Hwang took a long sigh and Seung Hoon tried his best to remember about the infamous tragedy.

 

 

“It’s predicted that this generation is the time where the curse will take place again. In order to save Joseon, only 2 fateful lovers will be together. The other unlucky couple will either die, ill, never to be found again and missing. Living in agony is just the outcome of going against the curse. Many years ago, the demon of the enemy instructed the devil to curse on the Joseon’s family. Whether the devil is dead is still unknown after 100 years. The cure is coming. This year, is an important year for all of us. Only the fated ones survives, the unlucky ones dies.” Mdm Kim explained further.

 

 

“Son…”

 

 

“I know what to abeoji… For Joseon, I will sacrifice.” Seung Hoon let out a loud sigh together with cold salty tears trickling down his cheeks.

 

 

 

PRESENT

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter