Chapter 5: Turtle Ship

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino walked around the palace aimlessly, the sheltered area is just too boring. He looked around, trees, bushes, potted plants and statues... He had seen them all. He got tired and rested at the stone table and chair. While he was walking towards the stone table and chair, he almost tripped over a stone.

 

 

"Aish..." Mino almost cursed. He looked around to see anyone who saw him being clumsy. He continued his walk and notice a mini stone tomb buried underground near the bushes. He looked more carefully to the tomb stone.

 

 

"Turtle... Ship..." Mino said what it craved on the stone while his fingers tracing every word. He looked through the little drawing of a heart and a letter. The front address handwriting looks familiar...

 

 

Mino talked out loud his thinking...

 

 

"Seung Hyun Hyung?
(No, he can't write this messy) 

 

Ji Yong Hyung?
(No, he couldn't write this neat) 

 

Young Bae Hyung?
(No, he couldn't write this small) 

 

DaeSung Hyung?
(No, he couldn't waste ink like that) 

 

SeungRi Hyung?
(Well, he can't even learn te basics) 

 

JinHwan?
(Nah...He's not that smart) 

 

Han Bin?
(Definitely not!)

 

SeulGi?
(Her handwriting is neater and prettier...) 

 

And... Finally... J-J"

 

 

"Stop criticizing me! Does it takes long enough to figure out?" A familiar voice but this time, angry, could be heard.

 

 

Mino got up to his feet and turned over. He looked at the pouting lady in front of him. Angry but still beautiful. Mino chuckled and Joo-Hyun who doesn't know the reason why just frowned and looked at Mino innocently. Pouting... Big puffy eyes... Such beauty. 

 

 

"So it's you... My Princess." Mino greeted with a bow and his hands at his heart. Somehow, it made Joo Hyun blushed. But after hearing Mino's question, unknowingly, tears started to cirle around her eyes.

 

 

"Did Turtle Ship gave you wonderful memories?" Mino used his concerned voice to ask.

 

 

Joo Hyun just went closer to the tombstone, squated with her legs near her body and gently uses her fingers to trace the craving of the turtle. Mino did the same thing, squated with his legs near his body, listened and looked at her.

 

 

"When everyone didn't believe in me, when I was at my darkest moment, when everyone wants to get away from me, when everyone wants me to die, when everyone thinks I'm crazy... When I just wanted to myself. Choi Joo Hyun. Turtle Ship gave me life, made me realised that I had been torturing none other than myself, accompanied me through my bad times. He is the one who promise not to leave me... But in the end... He protected me and left this cruel world." Joo Hyun finally let tears trickled down her face. She sobbed hard and grab the letter. "I wanted to burn this for him, even if people thinks I'm crazy, burning and make things big because of a turtle. Well, I don't care! He was all I got..."

 

 

Mino felt his heartache, it hurts so badly. He let out a huge sigh and places his large hand on Joo Hyun's head and brush his hands gently down her hair.

 

 

"Let's go! Let's have some fun! No Scholor Hwang Mino, no Princess Choi Joo Hyun! Just Hwang Mino and just Choi Joo Hyun." Mino gave an ensuring smile to Joo Hyun and wiped away her tears with his thumb. Joo Hyun nodded and held on to his hanbok, Mino let a small chuckle. He quickly and spoke while walking. "Noona taught me this special dessert from the West! I think it would be amazing to bake! I think it's called Vanila Cake! Wanna learn?" Mino spoke without any formalty. Joo Hyun nodded in excitement, they two were alone, no maids, no people to disturb but rather in an abandon part of the palace where people rarely goes to...

 

 

Joo Hyun used her authority to dismiss anyone at the Royal Kitchen, after that... The Royal Kitchen is only left Mino and Joo Hyun. Just before they begin, Joo Hyun felt a layer of warmth on her. Mino took out his jacket and covered her over. Joo Hyun blushed and politely thanked Mino. He blushed too.

 

 

"Now, let's get ready!" Joo Hyun exclaimed excitely.

 

 

"First..." Mino started all the prosedures, Joo Hyun could only follow his instructions. Mino at times steal glances at her. Admiring her, he realised that open slightly whenever she's working so diligently. When Mino was about to pour the flour down the bowl, he used his hands with flour to wipe away the sweat. Unknowingly, the flour stained on his forehead and cheeks. This made Joo Hyun trying to surpress her giggle but failed to do so and only burst out laughing with her finger pointing towards Mino's face.

 

 

Mino who didn't know that he's face was stain could only just frown.

 

 

"Yah. Stop it!" Mino glared at Joo Hyun.

 

 

Joo Hyun sensed the angry Mino, could just bit her lips slightly and went back baking in silence. Did he gone too far? Shouldn't he be a bit understanding? Mino cursed himself for being so foolish. Mino just nudged her elbow, trying to talk to her. But Joo Hyun just ignored him and pouted some more.

 

 

"Mianhe." Mino turned to look at her face.

 

 

She ignored him and looked at the opposite site with her hands folded.

 

 

"Mianhe." Mino turned again to look at her face while pouting as cutely as he could.

 

 

Same thing, all he got was just ignorance and arms folded.

 

 

"Mianhe." Mino did the same thing but with some ageyo.

 

 

This caused Joo Hyun to bit her lips and trying to supress her smile. Mino saw the slight smile and did one more time.

 

 

"Mian..." Mino said slowly while his finger behind his back only dipped into the flour and until he faced her. "HE!" He quickly stained Joo Hyun's face with flour like him.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter