Myungie and Jongie

STARTING OVER AGAIN
It was supposed to be a five-member group, that was what their CEO – Lee Jung Yeop announced at first. The settled line-up was composed of the leader, Sunggyu. The guy’s also in charge of the vocals but at the same time, there’s also who’s on the spot, Woohyun. The other two members, Dongwoo and Hoya, focuses on dance and rap. And then there’s him. Myungsoo, considered as their visual and the youngest.
 
But one day, the CEO brought in additional trainees – nope, scratched that. Rather, the CEO brought in two new members who would join them in their nearing debut. A tall good-looking guy who was introduced as Sungyeol, who’s on the same age with the other two 91liners, Woohyun and Hoya – making him a year older than Myungsoo. A playful child he is. While the other new recruit has looks that will make you define what he or she is.
 
Sungjong. The boy’s younger than Myungsoo, therefore he’s the youngest now. But another thing they all noticed was how Sungjong can look so innocent. The big bright doe-like eyes he has, the smile that meets his eyes, the milky white skin he covers, but more to it – how Sungjong can pass as a fine looking girl. No offense meant. And when Sunggyu made a step confessing “ You’re really pretty.” , Sungjong quoted, “ Hyung, it’s really hard to find a person like me. ”
 
As months of training, hard works, and patience persevered by motivation passed by, the group name has been finalized – INFINITE. Meaning no limitations to all the talents these boys would present in the future. They have also managed to set their differences straight, find faults to end and learnt to hold on to each other, for they are the only ones they will have. Some fights came along. That includes the eldest Sunggyu and third in age Woohyun’s battle for the position of main vocal. It has been said that they’ve come to a point wherein they threw things at the practice room. But by the end of the day, the two made up for it. As Myungsoo goes on as well, he have also made it through a good friendship with Sungyeol. He finds the older so funny yet stupid at some times.
 
Myungsoo has it fine too with their youngest, Sungjong. What he likes about him was his positiveness that cheers on everyone. There are occurrences when Sungjong fails to bring out this said energy, for he feels exhaustion and difficulty instead. Myungsoo watches him from afar. He is not a loner, it’s just that he’s shy to talk to Sungjong at first. But whenever he’s with Sungjong, he can’t stop playing with the younger’s soft silky hair. Myungsoo made a conclusion that he likes Sungjong. But even he himself doesn’t know if that liking can be and should be considered as to something else.
 
He felt jealousy creeping him when he found out that he’s not the only one who’s gotten closer to Sungjong. In fact, Hoya was the first to become comfortable and made friends with the youngest. Myungsoo even thought that Hoya used to be reserved and quiet during the times when they were only five. Then he noticed how Hoya changed when Sungjong came. He also found out that those two, along with Sunggyu, lives with their CEO.
 
Myungsoo is usually playful at times, but then he started acting ‘motionless’. Wanting to level with the ‘reserved’ Hoya. Then it all came as to one day, INFINITE was introduced in their pre-debut reality show titled ‘You Are My Oppa’. Wherein they are to be together with a girl named Yoo Jiae. The boys represented how to be good brothers for this girl. And when this ‘motionless’ Myungsoo appears, he even gets more screen timecompared to the rest.
 
One time, while the cameras were off, Myungsoo found Sungjong outside the house they were currently staying in. There he was, siting by the pavement. He slowly sat next to him as the younger looks at him with a pout.
 
“ Something wrong? Are you tired? ” Myungsoo asked him.
 
Sungjong just gave a soft sigh. “ It’s just that hyung, we’ve been doing this show for quite a while now . . ”
 
“ Oh. Are you starting to like Jiae-ssi? ” he asked, trying to sound as a joke to enlighten their maknae.
 
But Sungjong waved his hands on Myungsoo as a he sign of protest. “ No way no! Never! Not that hyung. ”
 
“ Then tell me. Tell hyung what’s bothering you. Is it our debut soon? ” Myungsoo absentmindedly stokes Sungjong hair.
 
“ Hmm. Well, the debut’s making me nervous but I know I can – we can do it. Anyway, what’s on my mind right now is probably pathetic and it might sound childish. ”
 
Myungsoo then tickled Sungjong’s side which got the latter laughed. “ Spill it now. ”
 
“ Alright hyung. What’s the title of our show right now? What’s it called? ”
 
“ You Are My Oppa. ”
 
“ Exactly. It’s because of Jiae. Us INFINITE becoming his oppas. But I’ve realized that Jiae can’t call me oppa because she’s my NOONA. ”
 
Myungsoo for a while analyzed what Sungjong was trying to say. But the younger spoke again. “ Jiae is older than me. How can she be in a show titled oppa, wherein there’s a member who’s younger than her? They should have had it as 'You Are My Oppa and Dongsaeng'. Or better yet, make it my show then call it as 'You Are My Hyungs and Noona' ” and Myungsoo saw his sulking face and he swear it was the cutest.
 
“ Don’t mind about it Jongie. ” he chuckled to himself.
 
Sungjong didn’t fail to notice the pet name. “ Jongie? ”
 
Myungsoo on the other hand, wanting not to be awkward, just gave him a smile. “ Calling you Sungjong seems ordinary coming from an extraordinary person like me. Though I know it's a name you treasures since it was given to you by your dearly parents. And since I don't want to sound so common, instead of Sungjongie or Jjong as the hyungs call you like that, I think I’ll just shorten it to ‘Jongie’. ”
 
As Sungjong’s smile showed, “ Then . . you will be . . hmm. Ah! Myungsooiee ah no. Myungie. Myungie hyung? ”
 
“ Okay. But if you so sulk again at Jiae being a noona to you, as she can’t call you oppa, why not call me oppa instead? ”
 
“ Have you been crazy lately? ”
 
“ Crazy for your antics lately. ” But even before Sungjong can say something back, they were both called in for the filming was resume.
 
It was the start of their friendship. A hyung-dongsaeng relationship.
 
 
 
Once on the month of May, 2010 – during the filming for the music video debut which was revealed to be titled as ‘Come Back Again’, the boys felt anxious being in front of the camera. It took many takes and cuts before the last finalization of it was made.
 
Sungjong was resting after his scenes with Dongwoo. The two acted as if they were running away and then riding on a mini tricycled vehicle. On his peripheral view, he notice another hyung coming over. His Myungie hyung.
 
“ So . . ” the older started. “ How’s the scenes with Dongwoo hyung? ” Myungsoo asked, handling a chocolate milk drink to Sungjong.
 
“ Thanks. Of course it was terrifying at first, especially when the director wasn’t satisfied with Dongwoo hyung and I’s acting. But nevertheless, Dongwoo hyung held my hand when we were running and then I knew that it’s going to be alright. With Dongwoo hyung’s tightened grip on me as his fingers were curled up against mine – ”
 
“ Wow that’s good to hear. ” says Myungsoo reluctantly, quite emotionless and Sungjong thought his hyung was not pleased to hear what he just had shared.
 
Just then Sunggyu passed by, “ You two, get ready. We’re about to leave. How’s everything Sungjong-ah? And where’s Dongwoo? Didn’t you guys both has done your acts? ”
 
“ Everything sailed smoothly Sunggyu hyung. Hmm, if I’m not mistaken, I think Dongwoo hyung ran to Hoya hyung for some questions about our dance. How about you hyung? ”
 
“ Good too. And you should have seen Myungsoo. I envy your confidence in showing your body Myungsoo-ah. ” Sunggyu was referring to the scene wherein Myungsoo went almost topless as he wears a shirt with him.
 
“ Ah. Is that so? ” this time, it was Sungjong who felt different. The thought of seeing Myungsoo shirtless makes him unease. Although they all have seen each other topless during the times when they showered together before, it was also the time where Sungjong felt confused – about himself and everything.
 
When Sunggyu left to get themselves ready, Sungjong asked Myungsoo. “ Hyung, is it true we will be debuting with your name as ‘L’ ? ”
 
“ Yes. I think the cold image would suit me. I’m okay with it, since the company has said it so as well.  ”
 
Sungjong suddenly seems to be looking a tiny bit gloomy. “ But Hoya-hyung is much quiet compared to you and he's - ”
 
“ Don’t worry, Jongie. Whether it’s L or Myungsoo, you have me as Myungie hyung remember? ”
 
 
 
June has arrived. This is it. The long-awaited debut has been finally made. All those sleepless nights, sweat filling moments and tears calling for patience and motivation has been finally paid off. INFINITE made their debut with the title track ‘Come Back Again’ soon came after was ‘She’s Back’.
 
Myungsoo and Sungjong’s brotherly relationship grew wider. They have been closer to each other more. Schedules have passed and they always get to spend the time to talk, catching up as if they haven’t met for years.
 
But not all these were bound to be permanent. Change is of course constant. It is continuous and endless.
 
 
 
 
[ Hi there! Thank you so much <3
Anyway, all the facts I read about INFINITE are being put into here. My imagination and feels are what composes this story hihi.
Thanks again! : ) ]