Be Mine

STARTING OVER AGAIN
Sesame Player is a variety show which lets the artists there be practical and just do what they want. It so happens only when INFINITE became the guests, the show was a blast – having them gain more recognition. What does INFINITE do? The first few episodes, has them , running around away from their managers ; escaping and wanting to get free times. The members enjoy these moments. Except for one.
 
Myungsoo barely gets his free time. It’s either he's on personal schedules or he just doesn’t seem to have fun. Most episodes has Myungsoo being in Japan. While Sungjong gets to have fun – and that involves a certain Hoya with him.
 
Everyone noticed how Hoya gets to be the survivor by the end of the day. On their first escape, Hoya and Woohyun played in the karaoke last then went home. Second time, he was alone – having body massage. The third ends with him and Dongwoo – as they both escaped from the other members as well.
 
But Myungsoo thinks he is the only one who notices how Sungjong gets more time with Hoya. The two bought shirts down the market, dine and ate spaghetti, the older hyung also offered Sungjong a piggyback ride and even dance on the stage at the center of the town. Noted as well that the last episode has no appearance of Myungsoo.
 
With Sesame Player, it collides with their comeback. This time, the track is called ‘BE MINE’. Once on the practice room, Sungjong saw Myungsoo and Sungyeol having fun by themselves. He overhead them talked about him getting his forehead flicked by their hyungs.
 
“ Did I hit you that much? ” Sungjong heard Hoya asked him. The hyung refers to the incident where they has to practice for their dance break. The one who makes a mistake will have his forehead flicked by the members and should maintain a fine composure or else he will get hit again. Sungjong and Myungsoo failed at that time and the loser for rock, paper and scissors has decided that the maknae is to received the punishment. Therefore, earning him six flicks from his hyungs. (though Sungyeol wasn’t around that time, Woohyun gave Sungjong two flicks – apparently, Sunggyu felt softy inside and ease the flick for Sungjong)
 
“ It’s okay hyung. It’s my mistake. ”
 
“ Like I said, it was responsibility of not teaching you well. ”
 
“ Comeback is within 24 hours. Let’s not mind it. ”
 
 
‘BE MINE’ is the song that made INFINITE achived their first win on music shows. Tears run down their eyes as theY accepted the trophy. Each member spoke the words of thanks for everyone who has believed in them and for those that will always stay. They still couldn’t believe it too that after almost a year, the pace is now starting to smoothen.
 
“Be mine” Myungsoo whispers these words to Sungjong. They are currently on a fanmeeting and responses from the fans assured them that they were liking it. But everytime Myungsoo leans in for Sungjong, the maknae backs away and just smiles at the flashes of camera. This made Myungsoo indulge more on photography so he can capture Sungjong's eyes, instead of those in front of them.
 
 
INFINITE comprises of the three main shippings – like how the other groups are. But they have WooGyu – the main vocal couple, Woohyun and Sunggyu. During the past, the two didn’t get along fine, but look at what have they become now. Bestfriends.
 
The other one is YaDong – technically the word means p*rn, but this refers to the hiphop tandem, Hoya and Dongwoo. The two shares the same tastes in music ; both can rap, dance and sing, that make fans go wild and crazy.
 
And the last one is MyungYeol – the visual duo, Myungsoo and Sungyeol. Everyone knows how close the two are. Total opposites but they didn’t know why they are close too.
 
Leaving Sungjong by himself. Maknae thinks that WooGyu, YaDong and MyungYeol are really close to each other, and vice versa. So it surprised him when some Inspirits started rooting for MyungJong – the pretty boys ; the maknae couple.
 
This made Sungjong more confuse with what he feels. He knows his liking for girl group dances is only a hobby because he likes music – dancing and performing. But when he started living with his hyungs and with especially how Myungsoo acts towards him – Sungjong breaks down.
 
‘Am I gay?’ that is the taboo question he never wants to answer. For if he does, he knows it will be the end. So whenever MyungJong act is on, Sungjong is thankful for this is the only time he can really express and get along with it. Yet at some point, he is worried that he might gone overboard.
 
But . .
 
You can’t keep a secret if it never was a secret from the start.
 
Media reports and some people already hinted about’s Sungjong’s status. But good thing it was taken down immediately.
 
 
Days passed, months gone. Sungjong celebrated his coming of age ceremony. ‘This is the last time’ he tells himself. Ever since he had turned twenty, Sungjong’s style changed as well. He dressed up in a manly way but with chic appearances. His features started to differ as he looks to be a grown up now. His voice went deaper compared to before.
 
One thing that didn’t change was his feelings. Sungjong already accepted it to himself. He has fallen for his Myungsoo hyung. But he always wonder if Myungsoo only does this amount of skinship just because of the responses from the fans.
 
So Sungjong tracked his path on being closer to his other hyungs – he ranked Woohyun number one for the hyung he can just take easily to, wanting to point out that he’s close to him and not being disrespectful ; he said yes to the Troublemaker performance with Sungyeol ; and he never complains whenever he rooms with Hoya at hotels as they visit other countries for concerts.
 
Speaking of Hoya, he is the only one who knows about Sungjong’s little secret. He wasn’t shocked. He didn’t get mad. He felt relieved because Sungjong took the chance of telling it to him first. Hoya’s matter of interest grew for Sungjong as time goes by.
 
 
Myungsoo was pissed. Sungjong keeps acting weirdly. On screen, on stages, on fanmeetings – the maknae lets him do everything he wants, but when they always reach home, a total 360° change. He can’t help but think if Sungjong is way to immerse with their ‘THE CHASER’ concept. Finally, Myungsoo got a chance to corner him one time.
 
“ Talk to me. ”
 
“ I am. ”
 
“ No you’re not. You are being . . stubborn. Is there something wrong Jongie? ”
 
“ Hyung, will you stop calling me that already. That nickname was from three years ago. I can accept it if you just call me by ‘Ya Lee Sung Jong’. ”
 
“ You said you hated it, remember?! You told Weekly Idol how you dislike it whenever Sunggyu hyung calls you like that. ”
 
“ It was for broadcast purposes L hyung. You should have known that, aren’t you expert in make-believes and pretends? ”
 
“ L hyung?! Tssk. And what’s with the pretending? Have I wronged you at some point – ”
 
Sungjong wants to cry deep inside, seeing his Myungie gets mad like this hurts him. But he didn’t, since he was rooting for a tough image. “ You won’t understand – ”
 
“ Then make me understand! Why are you avoiding me? All this time, you are near yet so far. ” Myungsoo knelt down in front of the seated Sungjong. He hold the maknae’s hands. “ Jongie please. It’s not just because it bothers me but I . . I feel like . . you’re sad. These days, I can see how you seem so down. Please? ”
 
“ I’m gay. ” Sungjong dropped a tear as Myungsoo just stares at him. He felt his heart coming out in any moment. He can already imagine the disgust Myungsoo would feel. The distance his hyungs would make. The failures are near –
 
“ Thank you. ”
 
“ Huh? ” Sungjong was puzzled, studying the smile plastered on Myungsoo’s face. The older wipe away his tears and stood a bit, kissing his forehead.
 
“ Now I have a bigger chance. ”