B.T.D ( Bruises - Trials - Dreams )

STARTING OVER AGAIN
INFINITE continued to strive harder and further. Year 2011 came, when they released a new song titled as ‘BTD (Before The Dawn). This time, it was announced that Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were the leading acts for their newest music video. But later on, Hoya and Sungyeol were suddenly decided to put off - leaving only Woohyun and Myungsoo to act. It took grunts, thuds and slight injuries for Woohyun and Myungsoo during their filming.
 
Sungjong just finished taking a shower when he entered his shared room with Hoya and Sungyeol. There, he found his purple-loving creature hyung sitting on the bed, back against the wall. He and Hoya uses the bunk bed, with him on the top and the older below. Next to it was another bunk bed having Sungyeol at the top, while below of it was used for their other stuffs.
 
“ Are you okay hyung? ” the maknae asked their main dancer, a bit worried as he tucked his sheets at the upper part of their bed.
 
Sungjong heard a sigh coming from Hoya. So he decided to join him and sit beside this hyung. Sungjong sees Hoya as a hyung he could really depend on. Although he’s closer to Myungsoo as well, it’s in no doubt how he shares his relationship with Hoya. Whenever the three bullies hyungs – particularly Sunggyu, Woohyun and Sungyeol teases him, he would find Hoya smiling, joining them YET he never felt like Hoya was really making fun of him. For in truth, the older takes really good care of him.
 
“ Tell me hyung. ” Sungjong pleaded with a pout. He is now in the same position as Hoya. “ Did something happened during the mv filming? Were you hurt? It’s really hard to learn martial – ”
 
“ I was hurt. ” Sungjong immediately faced him. “ A bit . . hurt a bit. But it’s okay. I guess I have to learn more – ”
 
The young one cut him off. “ Really?! Where hyung? Shall I get an ice pack for you? Tell me exactly where does it hurt? ”
 
“ Here. ” Hoya signaled his chest, pertaining to his heart.
 
Confused, Sungjong asked. “ Oh? Were you shock at the fighting scenes? Hyung~ – ”
 
“ Silly. ” Hoya said as he nudge his dongsaeng. “ I wasn’t physically hurt. Hmm, emotionally I don’t know. Well maybe mentally . . but let me rephrase it for that little mind of yours. I wasn’t hurt okay? I was just . . . disappointed. ”
 
Hoya looked at Sungjong’s innocent face. The one that shows you know you won’t be able to resist it. They both just kept on staring at each other when it was interrupted as Sungyeol barged into the room.
 
“ I swear I would try for more! ” Sungyeol exclaimed, putting down his bag on the bed.
 
Sungjong turned to him, “ What’s with you hyung? ”
 
“ I told our company not to give me that much lines until I can vocally get better. But why did they have to suddenly cut me and Hoya hyung out of the video?! Aish, seriously. ”
 
A thought goes to Sungjong. ‘ Is  . . that the reason? ’
 
“ Anyway, I need some coffee – out of stock. People here blame my addiction to coffee yet they drink it twice a day. I will just buy some from the convenience store. If I felt myself to be in a good mood, I’ll buy you guys ice cream. I need not to get this matter depressed me all over. And oh Sungjong-ah, it’s your turn on the laundry tonight remember? No worries, it’s just my underwears. ” and with that Sungyeol left the room.
 
“ Why can’t you be honest with me hyung? ” Sungjong softly asked Hoya.
 
“ My problems are – ”
 
“ Don’t give me that reason! We are a team, we should be with each other’s comfort. ”
 
“ Okay I’m sorry. Anyway, Sungyeol and I were told that we won’t be joining Woohyun-ssi and L for the scenes. I have no experience on acting, therefore I even downloaded videos. But I guess it’s all pretty useless now. ”
 
Sungjong leaned onto Hoya, laying down on the older’s chest as he hugs him. “ Don’t worry hyung. Who knows one day, you might even get a drama? We just all have to work harder. Patience hyung. We might have what we've been wanting for so long. But if didn't happen, don't blame yourself. Maybe it was really bound to be like that. Just . . don't - no , never lose hope hyung. ”
 
Before The Dawn, –B.T.D as it is, was the turning point for INFINITE. Showing a cool darker concept, the boys were recognized for a synchronizing choreography, talk of the town it is for their ‘Scorpion Dance’.
 
“ We will just have to cut it. ” one stylist noona came to a conclusion. A slight misfortune but it still did looked good, they just had to cut some small strands out of it. They had their performance on that day when a fire got caught on the maknae’s hair, panicking him. But was hurriedly attended to right after they went down the stage.
 
“ Blonde really suited you Sungjong-ah. ” he heard his Dongwoo hyung stated. It was their company’s decision to dye the maknae’s hair, but blonde turned out to be pretty good.
 
Fanmeetings brought INFINITE closer to fans – well that’s the purpose of it right? But Myungsoo was also a step ahead when it comes to Sungjong. Seeing the later with that smooth blonde hair of his, couldn’t stop him from staring. But inspite of being seated next to each other, he saw how Sungjong plays well with Sunggyu who was beside the maknae two. Myungsoo wanted attention – only from the younger that’s why he clung into them too. But he realizes, with his the concept of their comeback, he can't be Myungsoo now. L should be here instead.
 
“ Sunggyu hyung really got me laughing today. And why were you so clingy eh? ” Sungjong asked Myungsoo. Both on the living room – waiting for Dongwoo and Woohyun to finish cooking and to the others who just finished their respective chores and or on the shower.
 
“ Don’t know , don’t care. How’s that? ” Myungsoo sarcastically said as he eyed his phone, but with a smirk.
 
“ Tssk. Is something bothering you hyu – ”
 
“ You’re busy hanging around with Hoya hyung. Acting now like you care Jongie? ”
 
“ What’s wrong with you? Big head now are we Myungie? Since you landed a good role on our music video eh? It's not like I am always with Hoya hyung. I even went out or do things with Sungyeollie hyung more. And besides, I was just comforting Hoya hyung. He was kinda upset on how he was supposed to act along side with you and Woohyunnie hyung yet never got the chance to.” this time, Sungjong was getting pissed.
 
“ I heard my name fools. Stop whatever you’re going at. Don't make Sunggyu hyung hear you in his dreams. Call Sungyeol and tell him to set the dinner now. ” Woohyun said, coming from the kitchen, steps away from them. Sungjong volunteered to do it just so he can escape Myungsoo’s odd behavior.
 
Night time came. It was now 11pm and by 4am, another schedule awaits them. But rather than sleeping for it, Sungjong decided to take a walk outside. Good thing the manager agreed, but just so he gets back within an hour only to still take a rest, not wanting to tire anyone.
 
“ ‘Ya wait for me! ” Sungjong halted when he heard Myungsoo called for him, rushing to his side.
 
“ Oh . . ” it was neither a greeting nor a question for Sungjong as to why, but rather a response.
 
“ About a while ago – ”
 
“ Forget it. We all have our days. Moods, I mean. ”
 
“ Still I’m sorry Jongie. It’s . . it’s just that, I was physically tired and exhausted from these promotions. Hoya-ssi should be thankful at least that he didn’t gain bruises doing those stunts. Woohyun hyung managed to make it through, well not being proud or anything, it's only because I got quite a scenes compared to him. Maybe a little longer than his and heck even less hurting for him too. Then by the end of the day, what? No one dares to ask me if I did good. No one comforts me so it’s just my moods getting fired up.”
 
“ I understand hyung. ” Sungjong spoke with a smile. “ I . . I'm sorry for not checking on you too. I got riled up practicing for my vocals so that in the next comebacks, I would be able to prove more. ”
 
“ Like what you've said. We all have our days. Our moods. ”
 
“ Let's not mind about it anymore. ” a yawn followed the Sungjong's words.
 
“ You’re one daring maknae to go out this late, fighting sleepiness. Let’s go back, take a rest. ” Myungsoo said, never forgetting to ruffle the his Jongie's hair.