Chapter 2: Friends and manners

My turn (Lee Soohyuk Fanfiction)

** OPTIONAL continuation after Getting you back for Lee Soo Hyuk’s Stan **

Previous & next chapters: Refer to master list here

Chapter 2: Friends and manners

“Are you kidding me?”- I looked at him with a glare, “Which part of this house needed painting?” -I scanned through every walls that’s already been nicely done, while Soohyuk tried to soothe my anger through those shy-smiles. 

I heard a few chuckles around before i turned my head towards the door to find four handsome men standing there with a full sack of Leggos. 

tumblr_inline_nx4jqvlYEp1qi3eea_540.jpg

“Oh, you all finally came” -Soohyuk lightly commented while the other four passed by me with a nod and a smile, and went on to comment on his new house and a few chatters here and there. They are all such shy creatures…. 

“This is-” -Soohyuk started introducing, 

“We know,” “I know,”

We said at the same time, which made Soohyuk freezes on his spot. “Y-you know?” -He asked me first, which seems to be even more surprising than them who already knew. Well, they probably talk about me anyway since they are close.

I nodded. “Jonghyun, Woobin, Sungjoon, Youngkwang” I pointed at each of them without even trying to be formal because i couldn’t remember their last names at all and besides, “All of them are models and actors. I’ve seen their dramas. I especially like Sungjoon’s dramas” -I commented, shrugging to Soohyuk.

tumblr_inline_nx4jvrqyoh1qi3eea_500.gif

“Sungjoon?” -The owner of the name himself repeated after me, “Y-you are younger than me aren’t you?” -He asked.

“Why are you stuttering?” -The rest of them laughed at him, “Yeah, she’s younger than you” -Soohyuk answered for me.

“I-Is she not going to use the formalities with me?” -Sungjoon stuttered again looking around his friends for an answer.

“Is that important?” -I interrupted, “I am more worried about my health now while looking at these four. For some health reasons, i can’t keep watching this” - I shook my head in self-dissaproval. All these models and actors with deep voices are affecting my health.

“What do you mean you can’t watch this?” -Soohyuk grabbed my arms gently, “You are not even supposed to notice them,” -He grumbled and the background noises of “yah!”, “What are you talking about?”, “Are you jealous?” etc. coming from the rest of the boys. 

tumblr_mv2anqRTpH1syegc4o2_500.gif

Originally posted by soo-hyuks

“Ah, we got a problem” -Soohyuk looked at me and shook his head, “Give me a moment” -He said to his friends and turned to me again, “I am the main character, [Y/N]-ah, so only look at me okay? Don’t-, don’t fan-girl over them” -He said in his deep soothing voice.

“Why would i only look at you when this rare sight is right in front of me?” -I asked Soohyuk, who sighed and the rest of them laughed at him.

“But unfortunately, we have to leave soon though. Each of us have schedules today but i’m sure we’ll see each other real soon again” -WooBin said and smiled.

******

“How can we leave out mushrooms if we’re making Spaghetti?” -I quibbled around with Soohyuk now that we are hungry and looking for food, but decided we should cook instead. 

“Hi, Soohyuk-sshi” -A gentle, sweet girl voice suddenly called out, of which Soohyuk looked at her and nodded in acknowledgement. She turned her attention towards me and looked at me with a smile on her face, but why do i feel so much distaste towards her. No, not because she is acquainted with Soohyuk, but more like the way she present and behave herself. It seems like a facade to me. 

“So, it seems you like the temperamental and play hard-to-get kind of girl?” She asked Soohyuk, with a smile plastered on her face. Did she just insult me? “Well, i can change that for you” -She added, still smiling. 

“That won’t do” -Soohyuk said calmly. 

“Yah” -I called out to her, in my very rude tone. “Temperamental? Okay, I acknowledge that. But play hard-to-get?” -I scoffed, “I don’t play,” -I said as a matter of fact, “I am hard to get” -I smiled triumphantly at her. “Unlike you, i won’t change myself just to suit other’s preference” -I mocked, while she seemed a little shocked but still managed to composed herself.

“Looks like she lack the manners too” -She smiled at Soohyuk, thinking she had won cause she spotted my weakness. Hah, i laughed to myself. Weakness? Being this rude to someone like her is something i will never consider as a weakness.

tumblr_n8v4pviwjP1tgxj1bo1_400.gif

Originally posted by shutupfeels

“Yeah, she is rude” -Soohyuk started speaking, “and she have very bad temper, also, she have no manners sometimes, like this….” he trailed, referring to the current situation. I looked at him now, wide-eyed; while the girl smirks in triumph, “But i like it” -Soohyuk continued, that made both of us previous reactions fell. “Standing up for herself. I like a strong personality” -He nodded while looking at me.

The girl scoffed in disgust. “What is this situation….” he muttered to herself.

“We look cute together, don’t we?” -Soohyuk suddenly bring me in closer to him and pats my head.

“Yah!” -I tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

“I don’t get what’s so special about her that you can show such disinterest towards other girls, other than her” -She spoke slowly, as if her heart is breaking on the inside.

“You wouldn’t understand anyway” -Soohyuk replied smiling, “Let’s go” -He motioned me and we walked the other way from the girl who was still standing there motionless. 

tumblr_ngq352whrd1tgxj1bo1_500.gif

Originally posted by shutupfeels

“Doesn’t your heart flutter?” -Soohyuk asked in much eagerness, after she had lost sight of us.

“N-o” -I looked at him dead-pan, “Hurry oppa, before the store closes! Oh, your lip balm-” -I changed the topic and focus on finding the other ingredients, while he continued grumbling, but ended up focusing on choosing his lip balm that he ran out of.

Thoughts running through my mind:

1) I’m hungry. Very hungry. 

2) I know how he feels for me, but i am still heartbroken. There’s no denying either, i still miss Seunghyun. In fact, i still have feelings for him. So how can i be selfish and accept someone else’s feeling? I don’t want a rebound. I don’t want to hurt Soohyuk. He’s a good friend, a good companion, a good listener, a good brother. I don’t want to take him for granted and i specially do not want to lose him. 

I can’t handle it, not now. I do not have the confident. 

So it’s better not to start anything.

 

To be continued….