Hometown

"Only Fools Rush In"

"Bring. It. IN!" Jackson cheered as he saw Alyssa running towards him in the airport, opening his arms wide. She and Fleur had just made it back to California from vacation. "Welcome baaaack!" Mark beamed as Alyssa hugged Jackson. Fleur only walked up to Mark, dropped her carry-on bag and swung her arms around his waist. "Tired?" Mark asked

"So tired, I could probably fall asleep right here" Fleur sighed, so relieved to be home. Mark giggled and let her go. "You need to see our new apartment.. It's so cool" Jackson said to Fleur right before giving her a hug. "I'm happy you guys like it. Where is Jaebum.. and Youngjae?" she asked. She still felt a little awkward from waking up in his hotel room in Paris

"Jaebum is in the bathroom and Youngjae is busy today. He wants to sign up for some English and Physics classes" Jackson shrugged

"Ew.. Physics" Fleur cringed. "You fail it too?" Mark asked, and Fleur only nodded with a disgusted look on her face. 

"My darlings!" Jaebum sang as he pranced out of the mens bathroom. "Hiiii!" Alyssa smiled and ran over to give him a hug. Fleur felt a sudden jolt of energy and ran over to hug him as well.

"There's Im Jaebum.. getting all the girls AGAIN" Jackson laughed. Mark shook his head and turned around. "At least we tried" he sighed. 

"How long are you here for??" Jaebum asked Alyssa. "Only a week.. But I'll be back to stay in June" Alyssa smiled. 

"June is too far awaaaay" Jaebum fussed and whined. "I knoooow. You're stuck with just me!" Fleur mimicked his complaining. 

----

"Guys..? I'm back.." Youngjae said as he opened the door to their dorm, only to find an empty, silent living room. Just as he looked around for any signs of life, he got a text, from Mark.

"Alyssa and Fleur are back.. Where are you? We want to go out and get lunch" it read. Youngjae bit his lip in distress. He was so afraid things between him and Fleur were going to be awkward forever. He thought for a moment before replying

"Uhhh.... Uhhhh" he thought. "You know what? F*** it"

"Okay! Bring them back here!" Youngjae typed and sent. His heart dropped when his phone said Mark had read his text. He could feel the color leave his face. "Why am I so nervous?" he thought. 

----

"Hey!!" Alyssa cheered and ran into the living room and hugged Youngjae. As he hugged back, he saw Fleur walk in. He smiled awkwardly at her. "Hey!" she also smiled and hugged Alyssa from behind in a group hug. Just then, his roommates walked in. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to the airport to see them?" Youngjae asked. "You were asleep.. And we were going to bring them to you when you were awake"

"Oh. I see" Youngjae nodded, unable to stop glancing over at Fleur. After they went out for lunch, Fleur went home with Alyssa and the boys did more unpacking.

----

Fleur spotted Youngjae sitting at the park where they decided to meet. She smiled and walked up to him. "How is your California experience so far?" she giggled.

"There isn't any snow... It's weird. It's cold. But no snow" Youngjae explained. "Get used to it. It only snows here once every ten years or something like that" Fleur sat down next to him. "I have something to tell you" Fleur sighed. Youngjae looked over at her with a serious look on his face

"What is it?" he asked

"I lied.. I am busy today. I have work.." Fleur said. Youngjae sighed in relief. "Oh that's it" Youngjae said

"But anyway. I wanted to take you to where I work, so you can check it out.. And I have to be there in ten minutes" Fleur said. "Then we should get going then" Youngjae smiled.

----

"Hey! You're on time. Not like you" a young man said as Fleur walked in. "My attendance is none of your business" Fluer spat back.. Youngjae walked in behind her. She worked at some sort of cafe slash ceramics making place.

"That's just Dave. He's someone I work with" Fleur rolled her eyes. Youngjae just nodded.

He sat down at a table and waited for Fleur to clock in. She came out in a beige colored apron, with a few paint spots on it. 

"So, have you thought about what I asked you while you were away" Dave asked Fleur. Dave had a crush on her, and asked her if she would like to start dating. Youngjae listened in on their conversation. "I'm gunna have to decline" Fleur shrugged while she cleaned up tables. "What?" Dave said in an annoyed tone. "Come on, no girl says no to me" he said..

Fleur put a hand on his shoulder and sighed. "Well, one just did" she whispered to him and smirked. As she walked away, Dave fumed quietly, but continued to work. 

Youngjae, on the other hand, felt some sort of jealousy. Fleur walked over to him and sighed. "Men" she smiled. 

"That guy. He seems like a werido" Youngjae side eyed him. "He sure is" Fleur laughed