Without Them

"Only Fools Rush In"

"I guess this is goodbye for now.." Jackson sighed as he looked over his shoulder at the gate. They were about to board their plane back to Sacramento. "Promise to be there when I get there?" Fleur asked Mark. 

"I promise.." he smiled and pulled her in close for a hug. Mark and Fleur had grown very close. "I'll see you in a couple weeks" he nodded and backed away with Jackson and Jaebum. Youngjae looked over at Fleur and smiled. "You aren't leaving without a hug" Fleur said and pulled him closer for a hug as well. "Of course not" he said as they squeezed each other tight. Alyssa just stood there awkwardly, until she couldn't stand it anymore. "Bye" she gushed and ran towards Jaebum to give him a hug. "What is this? I was waiting for you!" he scolded her. 

"I don't know. I don't know what's wrong with me" she sighed.

"Ohh. My darling Jinyoungie!" Jackson whined and ran up to Jinyoung to hug him tightly. "Jackson, please" Jinyoung sighed and looked around. "You love it" Jackson shook his head. "We'll miss you guys" Kunpimook said as he embraced Youngjae. Jaebum, Mark, Youngjae, and Jackson were headed back to Sacramento, Kunpimook, Yugyeom, and Jinyoung were going back to Korea, while Fleur and Alyssa were to spend the rest of their vacation in Paris..

"Bye.." Alyssa waved as they disappeared down the hallway. Now they were going to wait for the other three's plane to Korea. 

----

"How long have you known each other? The seven of you." Fleur asked Jinyoung, the five of them sitting around on the ground, waiting. "Years.. since.. 2009 has it been, Yugyeom?" Jinyoung looked over at Yugyeom and asked. "I think so.."

"How long have you known Alyssa?" Jinyoung asked, only after remembering they were related. "Aiish"

"Well, since she's my cousin.. a very long time.." she joked. "Right. I forgot.." he sighed. "You just.. don't look related. And you act like best friends" he nodded. Fleur just smiled and nodded

"So... do you know fluent Spanish?" Kunpimook asked. "No... But I plan to learn because I have family in Mexico" Alyssa said. "I have a question for you.." she said. "Yeah?" he said

"You have a long, complicated name.. Have you ever thought of going by a different name? Like a nickname? Nobody in America is going to wanna call you Kunpimook when you move there. We're all lazy saps" she said. 

"Yeah, Kunnie.." he shrugged. Alyssa shook her head. "I'll tell you what, I'll think of a nickname for you, and when we meet again in California, that will be my name for you" she smiled and swung her arm around his shoulders. "Sounds like a plan" he patted her hand and smiled. 

A few hours later, their plane was ready for them and they left quietly. They exchanged hugs and were soon on their way back to Korea. 

"When did Mark say they were moving in?" Alyssa asked. "He said in March mostly likely.. So we don't have to wait that long.." Fleur sighed

"You mean YOU don't have to wait. I'm not settling in until June" Alyssa pouted. "Hey.. It's better than never coming at all. We need each other if we're going to be doing this... adult thing" Fleur stopped her and said. "Just wait a while and we'll be there for each other. We'll all have a lot of work to do" she said and they both left the airport without another word. 

----

"Waah, nice!" Jackson walked in first into their new apartment. "I can't express.. how happy I am with this weather" Youngjae sighed. 

"That's California for you.. But SoCal is nicer" Mark smirked. "You only say that because you're from there. Psh... Maybe we should have moved there instead" Jackson hissed. "No way.. NorCal is nice too.." Mark shook his head. "Besides. We have new friends that live here" he added

----

"Merry Christmas, loser!!" Alyssa shouted in Fleur's face as she slept, but promptly flinched awake. She looked around the room. It was still dark. "It's still dark, you dip! What's wrong with you?" she shouted and rubbed her eyes. "I'm sorry. I was just way too excited to sleep, as always. Mom and Nicholas are flying in this morning too, so get up and go on a walk with me" Alyssa shoved her and ran into the bathroom to get dressed. Fleur looked over at the clock. 6:45am

"I hate her.." she mumbled to herself as she put on her glasses.

----

Youngjae walked around the apartment silently in the early morning, letting out a loud sigh every now and then. It was cold, and dark. Not even thinking about time difference, he took out his phone and called Fleur, barely thinking about it at all. The phone rang and rang, but she didn't pick up. He sighed again and put his phone back in his pocket. Youngjae took the elevator down to the pool and sat on one of the chairs to watch the sun rise. "Youngjae?" he heard someone call his name. He turned around to see Jaebum walking towards him. 

"Hyung? What are you-" Youngjae started

"I followed you out here.. Why are you out here so early? Time zones still out of whack like mine?" Jaebum asked with a giggle.

"Yeah, that's part of it.." he nodded. "Part of it?" Jaebum asked.

"I've got my mind fixed on something" Youngjae admitted, letting out a loud sigh.. "Something? Or someone?" Jaebum smiled and looked at him. Youngjae turned around and gave him a look.