eight

I like him, but he likes you.

You felt hot. The flames were starting to rise as you looked over to your left to see your father’s head bleeding, “Appa…” Your mother was bleeding and crying loudly as she quickly unfastened your seatbelt and carried you out of the car far enough. As she went back to the car it exploded. She flew back on the ground with blood still coming out of her head. You were crying, “APPAA!”

 

You then suddenly woke up with tears in your eyes, “APPA!” Minyoung quickly came over to your side and calmed you down, “It’s okay Hani…it’s okay…I’m here…” As you lightly sobbed on your pillow Bobby asked, “What’s wrong? Why was she yelling?” Minyoung pulled Bobby outside the door, “Her father passed away when she was young…it was in a car accident. She doesn’t have much memory of it but has dreams or flashes of the day. She tends to forget about it soon and thinks that her father is just some where else…her mother never talks about it.”

 

Bobby sighed, “This is all my fault…if I had known…I never would’ve done that.” Minyoung shook her head, “It’s not your fault at all. Don’t worry…you didn’t know. Okay?” Minyoung hugged Bobby with a tight grip. Soon Bobby saw you run past them, “Min I think she just took off…” She quickly looked to see you in your hospital clothes head to the desk, “Where’s Hanbin? Where is he…is he all right? Tell me please!”

 

Bobby and Minyoung quickly rushed over to you, “Hani…Hanbin is fine. We’ll take you to him.” You fell to the floor barely able to stand up as tears again fell from your face. Bobby picked you up bridal style, “Let’s get you in a wheel chair and we’ll take you to him.” You sadly nodded while wiping away the tears that kept falling.

 

He placed you gently in a wheel chair as he walked aside Minyoung pushing you toward Hanbin’s room. Before Bobby had pushed open the door Hanbin had opened the door, “Hani? Are you all right? Are you hurt?” He knelt down to get a good look at your face. As the tears kept falling you didn’t wipe them away. You quickly got up ignoring the pain in your legs and hugged Hanbin. “A-are you okay? Y-you had me worried,” you stuttered as the tears fell. He placed you back on the wheel chair and showed you his bandage, “See I’m fine. They said that I just bumped it a it caused a little bleeding…nothing to worry about.”

 

You nodded but still wanted to get up and hug him again but you knew you couldn’t this time. Jinhwan approached you guys and quickly gave you a quick hug, “Glad to see your up!” He then pulled Hanbin back into bed, “I know you think your fine but you can’t be getting up so fast like that. Doctors orders!” Bobby rolled you next to Hanbin’s bedside and you sat there watching him get comfortable in bed.

 

Jinhwan took out porridge from his bag and handed one to you and placed Hanbin’s on his table, “Here you two should eat up so we can leave.” You thanked Jinhwan and quickly ate. The door suddenly opened with a loud thud, “HANI?” You looked up to see your mom with frightened eyes, “Umma…” She quickly toward your side, “Are you okay honey? Minyoung called me and told me everything. You’re not hurt or anything are you?” You looked into your mom’s eyes and smiled, “I’m fine umma!”

 

She lightly smiled back with tears in her eyes as she hugged you tightly, “Well that’s good. I-I was just so worried…” She let go and then looked over at Bobby, “Are you Bobby?” He quickly froze as he expected a yelling but instead of was quite surprised she your mom said, “Please be careful when you drive. Okay honey? I wouldn’t want your mother to worry.” He smiled as his heart warmed up and he walked up to hug your mom, “I’m very sorry for worrying you ma’am. I promise to never do anything reckless again.”

 

As she pulled away she gave him a quick peck on the forehead, “Stay good!” He nodded with a warm smile. She then walked over to Hanbin and Jinhwan. “Are you two brothers?” They both nodded surprised since no one had ever expected them to be brothers, “I’m sorry. I’m glad one of you is all right but you better take care of each other. It’s nice to have siblings. I’m guessing you’re the older one?” She pointed to Jinhwan as he smiled and nodded. “Take care of your younger brother and he’ll do the same for you.”

 

Hanbin smiled and looked over at Jinhwan who was smiling, “Yes I will…I already promised I would.” As the two brothers exchanged loving brotherly looks your mom had left you in Minyoung’s care and said her goodbyes.

 

Hanbin who was still smiling pointed out, “Your eomonim is very kind. She’s probably the nicest person I’ve ever met.” You nodded, “Yeah she changed a lot after…” The words didn’t come out of your mouth. As you grabbed your head with both hands you cried, “Min…why does my head hurt all of a sudden?” Minyoung quickly grabbed a hold of your wheel chair and pushed you toward your room, “DOCTOR! WE NEED A DOCTOR!”

 

Jinhwan held back Hanbin from getting up and nodded to Bobby, “Go check on her for us?” He gave a firm nod before dashing toward your room. “Hyung-“ Before Hanbin could protest Jinhwan had already given him a stern look, “No. Just wait till your fully healed. Hani would be mad at you…” This made Hanbin stop. He slowly pulled his leg back in his bed and laid back down, “Fine. Bobby better hurry up.”


enjoy :)