III - World Fall Apart

Unbreakable Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA

I groaned and fluttered my eyes open only to greet a white ceiling and the smell of disinfectant. I widen my eyes as I realize where I am.

 

"Ms. Park," I turn my head to the side when a doctor entered the room.

 

"Doc? What am I doing here? What happened?" I asked panicky.

 

"Calm down, Ms. Park. Someone found you last night fainted on the street. You were brought here immediately. We perform test to you. You were over fatigue and underweight. That's not good, Ms. Park. Especially in your condition now," the doctor said.

 

I frown. "What condition?"

 

"You're 4 weeks pregnant, Ms. Park," the doctor informed.

 

P-Pregnant?!

 

My jaw dropped open. Fear suddenly hit me. No! No! No! This can't be happening to me!

 

A baby? Growing inside me?

 

I suddenly remembered my career. What about 2NE1? We were just starting. And God! Jiyong! What about him? He's going through tough times right now. His career is in die jeopardy. This news won't help his situation right at the moment.

 

What am I going to do?

 

"D-Doc? Can I ask a favor?" I muttered the white blanket tightly.

 

"Anything, Ms. Park."

 

"Please not a word about this. I'm begging you," I cried pleading.

 

"Of course! We have protocol and medical ethics to follow, Ms. Park. Don't worry. We won't speak anything about your condition. But for now, I will let you know the do's and don'ts in your pregnancy," I let out a tiny smile of relief and nodded. I listen to her as she dictates my pregnancy status.

 

I honestly don't know exactly what to do. I'm having a baby. I'm about to become a mother. Jiyong's child. I'm carrying his child.

 

I unconsciously caress my flat tummy and smiled. I made my decision. I'll keep my baby. I already love this child growing inside of me. This is the product of my love to Jiyong. It was ours.

 

×××

 

But when Dara already accepted her yet unborn child, she received very devastating news. Few hours after the doctor let her go, Sanghyun called her and told that their mom had a seizure. So she immediately goes to her mom. When she arrived, it was already too late.

 

Park Omma died on the very same day.

 

Sandara just lost her mom.

 

Everything became blurred. She heard her siblings cried as she embraced them. While the doctor told her the sad news and sent sorry of condolences.

 

Dara only cried once. After that she never cried again as she fixed her mom's burial.

 

She together with her siblings travels back to their hometown in Busan and had a private wake for Park Omma. She chose to have a quiet and peaceful burial for her mom. No media at all. She managed to kept it from reaching the news. Not even in YG knows except her road manager and YG sajangnim.

 

Yan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter