X- Behind The Indifference; Epilogue

Unbreakable Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA

I've been very worried for Jiyong and Yongji ever since Jingyo and I left to Busan. Is leaving them alone a good idea? I hope Bom is right. She suggested it anyway.

 

I was really reluctant leaving them for I know that the two aren't in good terms. At least for Yongji. I can't understand the reason why my son is acting that way. And every time I tried to talk it out with him, he wouldn't tell me. Instead, he would asked if when are we going back home to Jeju. I can't tell him that we are going stay with Jiyong for now on. Because every time I will mention his father, he will sulk and diverted the topic.

 

I don't know what to do anymore. I just prayed that Jiyong will break through our son.

 

"Omma? Why Yongji oppa come with us?" Jingyo pouted at me as I tuck her to bed.

 

"Hmm? Yongji and Appa will have to bond, Jingyo," I smiled to her.

 

"Like me? Appa and I played a lot when Oppa wasn't here," she asked.

 

"Yes baby. It's oppa's turn to play with Appa," I explained.

 

"Oh," Jingyo yawned.

 

"That's it, baby. Sleep now. Tomorrow will be back to Appa and Oppa," I said fixing her blanket.

 

"Neh, omma. Goodnight! 'Love you," she said closing her eyes.

 

That made me smile. I lean forward planting a soft kiss in her temple.

 

"Love you too, baby. Goodnight," I said before lying beside her.

 

×××

 

Jiyong has planned to bring Yongji out. He wants to bring him to an amusement park. So, he told him that they'll go to Fun World.

 

"Yongji-ah! Get dress and we will go to Fun World!" Jiyong told his son excitedly. He even showed him their stabs while grinning widely.

 

Yongji quietly nods and started changing. He left Jiyong looking stupid.

 

"Aish! That kid really," he muttered as he left his son's room to change as well.

 

After few minutes, Jiyong drove themselves to Fun World. They arrived there safely. He sighs in relief that the place isn't that crowded. He holds Yongji's hand afraid that he'll get lost. He felt him flinched but didn't let go.

 

"I have to hold you, Yongji-ah. So you won't get lost. Don't let go, arasso?" he explained to him.

 

Yongji nods as usual.

 

As they roamed around Fun World, Jiyong watched his son looking around with amazed expression on his face. He bought them cotton candies to devour while walking. He would ask him time to time if he wanted to try some rides but he refused. However, when they come across the rollercoaster intend for kids, he saw Yongji's eyes lit up.

 

"Do you want to ride that?" Jiyong pointed at the caterpillar design mini train.

 

Yongji shakes his head and looked away pouting. He knew he wanted to try it but why isn't he refusing. Jiyong saw his son did the E.T sign. He realized that Yongji is nervous. He smiled and crouched down to his level.

 

"Hey," he held his shoulders softly. "Are you scared?" he asked. Yongji looked away shyly. Jiyong smiled and face him. "Don't be afraid, son. I'm here. If you want Appa can ride with you," he offered.

 

"You will?" Yongji looked up to him.

 

"Of course!"

 

"Okay," he whispered.

 

Jiyong smiled and holds his palm out for him to take. "Shall we?"

 

Yongji stared at his hand hesitantly which made Jiyong felt nervous. He only sighs in relief when the boy finally reached for him. He smiled to him and stands up as he grips his hand tightly yet gently.

 

"Let's go have fun, Yongji!" he said happily towards the ride.

 

After that ride, they enjoyed the day together. Jiyong took it as a sign that Yongji will finally soften up with him. This is the start, he thought.

 

"Jiyong?" A feminine voice called to him.

 

He looked up and saw Min Young. He smiled at her.

 

"Min Young! How are you?" he asked.

 

"I'm good. How about you? And who is this boy with you?" Min Young smiled noticing Yongji.

 

"Ah, this is my son Yongji," he introduced them. "Yongji, this is Aunt Min Young," he added.

 

"Hello, Yongji!" Min Young said.

 

Yongji snobbed her and turns to Jiyong. "I want to go home," he said and marches up ahead leaving them.

 

Both adults gape at the kid in shock. Jiyong quickly recovered and bowed apologetically at Min Young.

 

"I'm sorry, Min Young. I have to leave. Catch up with you next time," he said and followed his son right away.

 

×××

 

Yongji kept his silence no matter how much Jiyong talked to him about what happened yesterday in the Fun World. He didn’t like the behavior he showed to Min Young. It was embarrassing. But no matter how much he was embarrassed, he was more worried about his son. It’s as if they were back to square one when he thought that their bonding yesterday was the start for Yongji to soften towards him.

 

But he thought wrong.

 

“Yongji…” he crouched down to his son’s level as the boy seated on the sofa on his studio. They’re going to meet Dara there with Jingyo as he finishes some recordings.

 

Yongji looked at him coldly.

 

“What happened to you yesterday? Tell me. Do you know what you did is disrespectful? Why did you walked out on your Aunt Min Young? It’s rude to do that, do you know that?” he asked softly trying to explain to him the consequence of his misbehavior.

 

A frown was visible on Yongji’s forehead. “She’s not my Aunt!” he exclaimed and stood up from his seat but even before the boy walked out on him again, Jiyong stopped him immediately.

 

“YONGJI!” he shouted slowly running out of patience. “I know you hate me and you don’t treat me as your father. But I’m not tolerating this misbehavior from. I’m still your father. I deserved some respect from you no matter how much you loathe me for reasons I don’t know,” he firmly stated. But the boy cowered in fear which made Jiyong’s heart soften. He doesn’t want to scare him.

 

He sighs heavily to control himself and looked at his son.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to shout at you, son. Appa is just frustrated,” he said gently and tried to touch him but Yongji stepped back.

 

“I really hate you! Omma! I want Omma!” he began to cry.

 

Jiyong panicked and widens his eyes when the kid starts to bawl.

 

“Yongji…” he tried to reach him but the kid pushed him away.

 

“Don’t touch me! I hate you! I hate you! Omma!” he cried even more. Jiyong doesn’t know what to do as the boy throws a tantrum. He saw s came towards them and tried to help him pacify Yongji but failed as well.

 

“Son…stopped crying, please. Yongji…” he cooed him but the boy runs out of the studio. He cursed and followed him out with s tailing them.

 

“YONGJI!” he finally reaches him and holds him by the shoulder as he faced him towards him. “Calm down, son. I won’t shout out you again. Just please…” he said but the boy pushed him again.

 

“I hate you! You made my omma cried before. Now you’re making me cry as well. I don’t like you. You’re not my father! Omma! I want my omma! You’re just going to hurt omma. You don’t really love her! I hope you weren’t my father!” he spats at him while crying loudly on the hallway.

 

Jiyong stilled and left speechless. Yongji’s loathing words hit him like a bullet train. It hurts to hear these things from his son. Is this why he hated him?

 

“Yongji!” Dara’s angry voice banged all over the hallway as she marched towards them. It’s clear that she had heard everything Yongji said.

 

Jiyong’s eyes widen. “Dara…”

 

“Omma!” Yongji cried and runs to hug her mom. “Omma! Let’s go home. Let’s go back to Jeju! I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be with him! I hate him!” the boy cried glaring at Jiyong.

 

Dara held their son’s shoulder shocked with the words coming out from his mouth.

 

“Yongji! What are you saying?! This is not how I raised you. Apologize. Apologize to your father. Now!” she ordered as she briefly sent Jiyong uneasy look.

 

“No! He’s not my appa! I don’t have a father,” Yongji stubbornly refused.

 

Dara’s eyes widen. “Enough! Why are you doing this, Yongji? Don’t say that. He is your father!”

 

“I hate him, Omma! He doesn’t love you. How can he be my father when he always made you cry?” Yongji bursts out.

 

“Stop! I don’t know where you are getting these ideas but if you don’t want to apologize to your father then face the wall until you realized what you did! You’re not going to move until I say so, understand?” she firmly said as she points the wall.

 

“Dara…” Jiyong tried to interfere but Dara raised her palm to stop him.

 

“Face the wall, now!” she repeated.

 

“Omma…” Yongji sobbed and reluctantly followed his mother. He faces the wall sobbing as his tiny shoulders moved up and down.

 

Jiyong wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter