IX – The Hateful Father And The Loathing Son

Unbreakable Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG

Being a parent is hard. Especially if you had missed 6 years of your child's life. And so I commend how Dara managed to take care of our children alone.

 

I don't know being a father was this difficult. Not until I experience it.

 

I don't have a problem with my daughter. Jingyo is so sweet and adorable angel. However, Yongji is giving me a hard time. No. He's not being a spoiled brat. In fact, he's smart and mature. Just like what Dara had told me. The problem is that Yongji hardly talk to me.

 

When I tried to talk to him, he'll just nod or shake his head. And then, he'll be quiet again. But if other people would talk to him, he would answer. I think he's closer to everyone except me.

 

I tried to ignore it. But I noticed that Yongji is putting distance between us. He had this invicible barricade when it comes to me. I don't why? But I have a feeling that—

 

"I think my son hate me," I said as I massage my temple.

 

I can feel the gasps and gazes thrown at me by my members and Teddy hyung.

 

"How can you say that, Ji? He's your son," Top hyung said. His thick brows are connected in a frown.

 

I exhaled frustrated and leans back. How? I don't know but I can feel it.

 

"He won't talk to me. He doesn’t even look at me. He's closer to you guys than with me. To think that it's only been a week."

 

"Ji, maybe Yongji is still uncomfortable. I heard from YG sajangnim that he used to be the man of the house. He must be trying to adjust having his father now," Teddy informed me with thoughtful smile.

 

"Teddy hyung was right. Yongji is a matured boy. He used to take care of Jingyo and look after Dara. Give it a time, man," Taeyang said.

 

"I'm trying, Bae. God knows, I'm trying everything to be his father. I don't know what to do anymore just to please him. I even asked Sean hyung, Tablo hyung, even Psy hyung for advice but nothing seems working," I said.

 

"Do you want us to help you, hyung? I mean we can ask Yongji what he wants," Daesung thoughtfully offered.

 

"Thanks, Dae. But this is the problem I should figure out myself," I gave him a small smile.

 

"But really, what would be the reason for Yongji to act that way? I am curious," Seungri wondered.

 

"Oh believe me, I'm asking the same thing," I groaned.

 

"I think you should talk to him the soonest, Jiyong. He might be angry with you because he thought you left Dara. I heard kids are more attached to their mothers than the father. He might feel abandon. You and Dara didn't explain anything to them right? You just popped in their lives so suddenly. The kid must be confused, that's why," Top hyung said.

 

I stilled and thought for a while. Yeah. Dara and I didn't tell anything to our kids about me missing for 6 years for reasons we decided to put everything behind and start anew. We thought that it's not necessary anymore and just continue what we have right now. And it's not the right time either. They are too young to understand. And what happened before is something I don't want to taint my children with. It was something I'm not proud of to share with them.

 

I want them to be proud of me and see me as their father that they can always lean on. I don't want them to see me as the jerk who made their mother broken and abandon them.

 

No. That part of me was all in the past now. I'm a change man now.

 

×××

 

"Are you sure about this Dara?" Jiyong asked her for the nth time while watching her pack Jingyo's bagpack.

 

Dara closed the zipper before facing him. She smiled reassuringly at Jiyong who had a worried look. She cups his left cheek which the latter leaned on her.

 

"It’s okay, Ji. You don't have to worry. Jingyo and I will just visit omma's grave. We'll be back in 2 days. I promised to be careful. You, on the other hand, should take this opportunity to spend quality time with Yongji."

 

Jiyong put his hand on top of hers. "I will miss you," he pecks her palm shutting his eyes off. And when he opens his eyes again, there is fear in them. "Be careful and please return to me safely."

 

"Arasso," she nodded and tiptoed to kiss him.

 

Jiyong leans down to meet her lips and they kiss with so much gentleness and passion. They just parted when they felt the need to breathe.

 

"I love you," he said.

 

"I love you, too," she answered.

 

"Omma!" Jingyo's voice interrupted their moment. Not long after, their hyper daughter came to the view with Yongji followiog behind.

 

"Baby Jingyo!" Jiyong smiled and scoop the girl. Jingyo giggled. "My princess is growing up. Appa will miss you and omma. Behave at grandma's grave, arasso? Don't give omma headache."

 

Jingyo nodded. "Jingyo promise! I will miss you too, Appa! Jingyo love you!"

 

"Aigoo! Love you too, princess!" Jiyong peck her chubby cheek.

 

"Yongji, your sister and I will visit Park Grandma's grave at Busan. Your appa will look after you, neh? Behave, arasso?" Dara holds her son and smiled.

 

"I can perfectly manage myself. You know that, omma," Yongji answered.

 

Dara and Jiyong shared a look. The former was an apologetic one while the latter can only smiled faintly but nods in understanding.

 

"Yongji, I told you, right? You don't have to be the man for us anymore. Appa is now here. Besides, you're too young. Enjoy your youth, son," she softly explained.

 

The boy frowns and just pierced his lips together clearly not liking what she said. Nonetheless, he didn't say anything.

 

Dara sighs sadly looking at her son and towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter