Saving The Warrior

How I Met My Husband

( Remi POV ) 

 
* Safety Caution Ahead Trigger Warning * 
 
 
We're in the same situation as before but I can tell that he's debating his choices now. 
 
" If we leave now we can still watch the grinch that stole Christmas the original and drink hot cocoa with whipped cream also peppermint candy canes ." I hinted 
 
He moves closer to me, I knew I was getting through to him. 
 
" Let's walk through a winter wonderland Huh ." I said as I held out my hand for him 
 
He studies me intently, seeing if I'm going to go back on my words but I'm not. I mean what I say when I say it. 
 
I will never go back on my words I swear on my parents grave. I promise to be his friend when he needs me the most. 
 
Then I thought about a wonderful idea to help seal the deal.
 
" You can help me make gingerbread man cookies ." I said as I smiled at him and urged him to take my hand 
 
Just then at that moment in time I felt something warmth engulfed my hand. I look and saw that he took my hand, he's no longer on the edge. 
 
He's here in front as I can see red and puffy eyes up close even personal. 
 
" I can I decorate them ?." He asked 
 
" Of course now why don't we have that hot chocolate with whipped cream and peppermint candy canes that I promised hmm ." I said 
 
He nods as I lead the way to my house. When enter I head for the kitchen and I remember that I have to take my pills. 
 
I sat him down in the living room and I told him, I'll be back in a moment. He nod signaling that's okay. 
 
I ran back to the kitchen to take the pills before I started throwing up like tomorrow. 
 
After I took my pills I begin making the hot cocoa with whipped cream and peppermint candy canes. 
 
I took the two cups I walked back to the living room. But when I got back, he was gone I know he couldn't gone out of the front door.
 
I set the two cups down and begin looking for him. I searched the rooms but he wasn't there so then I check the bathroom.
 
When I the door my nose was fill with the smell of metal. I found him on the floor cutting himself with the razor. 
 
" What are you doing ?." I said as I ran to him 
 
He jumped up in surprise that I found in so little time. 
 
I grabbed the towel I didn't care if was white. I wrapped around his arm to stop the bleeding.
 
" Why are you doing this ?." He ask 
 
" Because nothing good would come from slit up and bruised wrist ." I said 
 
" And how would you know ? And how did you find me ?." He asked 
 
" I told that I'll be your friend in need, I'll come find you when your soul is crying for help ." I repeated back to him 
 
He didn't say anything, his eyes begin to water. 
 
" Hey, hey there's no need for the waterworks. I'm sure whatever happened prior this accident hurts like hell but you're with me, and as along. I hear your voice and your soul is calling for help I'll be there and I'm gonna help you survive this ." I vowed to him 
 
I helped him up from the ground and took him to my room fix him up a bit. As I examined his wounds they don't look that deep of a wound. 
 
I turned to my nightstand and took out the first aid kit but my first aid kit isn't like one you see in others homes. 
 
This is feel with epi-pens, inhalers, medical needle along thread, wider/thicker gauze. Then the basic stuff for the first aid kit. 
 
After I finished cleaning his wounds, I took back to the living room to enjoy my cocoa then I put on the Christmas movie marathon. 
 
To let go of the sadness and be happy but the right now, no matter how painful it is. You'll be able to move past it with loved ones or even your friends. 
 
That's the way I see at least even some people won't agreed with my point of view on life but when you're living cancer. 
 
You kind of have your positive view to keep your fighting spirit going in order to beat. This man right here has a fighting spirit, it's the spirit of a warrior in him.
 
Even if he doesn't see now but he'll later or on the way of life. Just for be happy about meeting people or making friends. 
 
Cause in the end, they're really all you have in your life more than you care to admit it. Cheer up I'll be there for you until the end.