From Chicago To Seoul

How I Met My Husband

It's about 5:00am in the morning and I'm still up working two history reports for Ms. Martinez class. 

I'm Remi Nia Collins and I go to high school named Antonia Pantoja, I have a bunch of ear piercings also my left eyebrow pierced as well. My ear

( My right ear )

My ear

( My left ear ) 

I have two cats, I have Bengal/Munchkin cat named Guardian, I saved from the streets. I found Guardian snuggled to his mother. Kitty

( Guardian)

But when I checked on the mother, she wasn't breathing anymore and she was cold. So, she giving birth to him. 

I also have tabby named Sassy, she's fourteen years old because my father got her in 2001 and she already eleven months old. She's been acting like Guardian parent for couple of years. Sissy

( Sassy )

'Rudolph the red nose reindeer had shiny noise' I heard 

I looked, it's my cell phone that's ringing on my desk as I look at the caller ID. It's my older brother Mir calling from Seoul. 

" Hello ." I answered 

' Remi, it's me Mir and I believe it's time for you to come to Seoul. I even brought you an apartment close to us and the school .' He said 

The reason I'm still in Chicago is because America of cancer center they know how to help me with leukemia. My brothers don't know about only my parents knew about it. 

' Remi, are still there ?.' He ask 

" Yeah, what time is the flight ?." I ask 

' 9:30 am .' He said 

" So, no school huh ." I said 

' Yeah .' He said 

" Will you guys be there ?." I ask hopefully 

There was silence for a moment 

" Mir ?." I said 

' Neh -.' He said 

" Forgot it, I understand you guys are busy with your teachings. I'm just dreaming about impossible things again ." I choked

" Remi ." He said softly 

" I have to go get ready ." I said and hang up 

I broke down crying again like I've done in the past but every time I try hang with my brothers either too busy with work. 

Or have personal errands, they need to attend. When I first diagnosed with leukemia, I heard my parents arguing if they should tell my brothers. 

My father said no but my mother said yes. But in the end, we didn't tell them and I'm gonna either because they have enough problems. 

They don't need me in the mix of their stress. So, I'm gonna play healthy girl for them and reveal my sickness to them. 

Until it's time or if something bad happens to me where the doctors have to know about me in case I'm rushed to the E.R. 

But until that time, they don't need to know about it. Just me only for now at least. I got from my sit and began packing. Looks like I have to tell Chief that I'm leaving permanently from Chicago. 

Chief is the leader of the cobras and he took me in as a favor to my mother. I've been grateful towards that man for nearly my whole life, he gave me shelter when I need it even clothing.   

I can't go downstairs now but I'll write him a letter explaining my disappearance. I'm not very good at emotional goodbyes. I'm done with packing.

It's time to put Sassy and Guardian in the carrier. I bought them big carrier because they never been apart before. 

After that was done, I snuck out the window and hail for a cab. Luckily I flagged one down I put my luggage in the trunk and jumped in the back the carrier in my hand. 

" Where to ?." He ask 

" O'hare airport ." I said 

" Ok ." He said as we drove off to O'hare 

When we arrived I paid the ride and asked if I can trade my ticket for an earlier ride. I was able to catch 5:30 am one. Once I got through everything, put my luggage away.

I sat down in first class thanks Chief. I decided to catch up on some sleep because I pulled an all nighter for nothing now. 

So, I put in my earbuds and drifted off into a deep slumber. Hoping that babies are okay. Here come Seoul.