1700 Years Ago

The Silver Ring
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A long-haired guy looked at a stone statue in front of him judgingly. Sometimes he nodded, happy for what he saw, sometimes furrowed his forehead, unpleasant. Seeing that, a short-haired guy behind him chuckled and approached the long-haired guy. He linked his arm around the other’s waist and rest his chin on the other’s shoulder.

“Why are you so serious, Joan-ah?”

“Why do I look strange here?” The said guy pointed the face part of the statue. “Here and here, and...doesn’t I should have fingers?” He pointed the hand part.

“It’s resemble you perfectly, my sweetheart. For the fingers part, it’s a bit take of times. Sorry.” The guy behind him started to kissed Joan’s cheek playfully.

“Josh, you were known as the best stonecutter in the kingdom. You even made stone statues for Royal Family perfectly, why you couldn’t do it for me?” Joan pouted.

 

Josh unlinked his hand and turned the boy to face him. He placed both of his hand on the pretty guy’s shoulder.

“Okay, I’m so sorry for not did it perfectly for you. I will make another one later. For now, just enjoy this first okay?” Josh smiled to the guy in front of him. Seeing that, Joan breaked his pouting face and turn it into a smiley one.

“It’s alright. In fact, I should be grateful you made it for me. This is really a beautiful gift.”

“Happy 2 years of freedom, my love”

“Thank you” Joan gave him a soft kiss.

 

Joan would never forget about what happened in his past life. A pitiful, sad, uncomfortable life. He was born in a Roserest family, it’s the lowest society class in Diamonds Kingdom. Sometimes he doesn’t understand why they need to differentiate people to such classes and control people to do some specific jobs according to their class. For him, since he came from the lowest, he only can be a slave, or if he’s lucky, he can be a farmer or a butcher at the town. But, Joan wasn’t lucky enough, so he spend almost 12 years of his life as a slave for a rich man. His life was belonged to his master and he was vowed to be loyal until death or until his master releases him.

Joan’s life not became any better since his master was really a hot-tempered old guy. He can’t counts how much he got slaps, kicks, or even bad words. The guy’s wife was not gaves him a peace of mind either, since that old woman always stealing a chance to touched him in flirty manner. Joan couldn’t did anything since he just a slave, he was too afraid to fight. The biggest problem happened when the old guy found out that his wife tried to more-than-touching Joan’s body in their bedroom. The very angry old man hitted Joan badly dan then decided to sell off his slave in the market.

 

Luckily, a young handsome guy bought him and not long after, Joan’s new master gaves him a freedom. Even so, that handsome guy still asked for Joan’s loyalty, not as a slave, but a lover. Yes, that guy was Josh, a famous stonecutter at the town, and the fact is he fall in love with Joan for a long time. He always had his eyes for Joan whenever the pretty guy walked to the market. The stonecutter guy had been admiring him and collected money to bought the pretty guy from his master. His dream came true. Josh didn’t need to asked the old guy privately to bought Joan, since he sell off the pretty guy on his own will. Joan accepted his love, and Josh couldn’t be happier. Joan now became the handsome stonecutter’s assistant and live happily together.

 

 

“Joan”

“Hmm?” Joan still stood in front of his stone, but turned his head to Josh. The handsome guy hold a silver ring and stared at it for a long time.

“What is it, Josh? Another gift for me?” Joan slowly walked toward his lover.

“Actually, this is my family’s treasure. My mom said this ring has a magical power, but she didn’t know what the power is. She just asked me to save this”. The handome guy then brought the ring closer to Joan. “I think it would look good on you. Want to wear it?”

Joan stared at the silver ring with an unreadable expression. He looked scared, but also interested. “I don’t know, Josh. It’s a bit scary for me if this ring really has a magical power. How if there are demons or supernatural creatures inside?”

The handsome stonecutter laughed.

“I’m sure there are no demons or ghost or whatever here. I don’t even believe it has any magical power.” Joan moved his eyes to his lover’s face. “Do you want to wear it or not, sweetheart?” Josh asked again.

Joan kept silence for a while. The ring looked pretty, but he still a bit scared.

“How if another me who wear it?”

“Another you?”

“My stone twin” Joan grinned.

“Ah~~ just say it if you do not want to wear it” Josh touched his lover’s head. Joan chuckled. Josh walked toward the stone statue and stared at the hand part. “I should make fingers for your twin first. Please bring my tools, sweetheart!”

“Alright~~” Joan happily ran toward the storage place where Josh storing his tools.

 

No need a long time for Josh to finished h

Please log in to read the full chapter