Yoon Junghan

The Silver Ring
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I don’t know where my last destination is. Please, let me out of here.

 

A long-haired guy woke up from his sleep and sat up suddenly. He was panting hard. His body was full with sweat and shaked a bit.

That dream again.

He adjusted his breath, trying to calm himself down. He threw his body to the bed again and covered his face with a pillow.

He doesn’t knew since when, but recently he always had weird dreams. Sometimes, he dreamed he was lifeless and floating around in the darkness. Sometimes, he dreamed he was woke up in different museums. Sometimes, he also dreamed he was in a village or a town that reminded him a lot with the one he saw in movies. Like some place from a kingdom era. And all of that happened repeatedly.

Weird.

But, last night’s dream was the most weird for him. He woke up in a different museum again and met with someone, a nightguard. A handsome nightguard. In that dream, he acted like that nightguard was his lover. Also, in last night’s dream, he can moved his body for the first time. In the previous dreams, he felt like a dead object, he couldn’t moved even a bit. That made him really confused. Was that dreams have a meaning?

 

“Junghan, honey, wake up! You have a club meeting in campus, right? It’s 8 a.m already.” A woman’s voice heard from outside the room, interrupted the guy’s mind.

“I wake up already, Mom.”

“Good. Now, go take a bath and go down immediately. Your breakfast was already waiting.”

“Alright.”

Junghan shoke his head, trying to get rid of his thought. He got up from his bed and walked to the bathroom. His long day was already waiting.

 

 

Even if he tried hard, the thought of his weird dreams still can’t out of his mind. After had a breakfast, he now was riding a bus to his campus. Sitting alone made him to think about that again. He still wondered why he had that kind of dreams. People said, dream was reflection of our own thought or unconscious experiences. But, that dreams...

Hhh...maybe I watched fantasy movies too much. Junghan finally made his own conclussion. He do not want this thought to disturbed him again.

 

His eyes saw the Seoul’s city view through the window. It’s Sunday morning, the city still not really crowded like usually on weekdays. He enjoyed himself with the view of luxurious building and parks around there. The bus passed throught  Seoul National Museum, the biggest museum in the city, when Junghan saw a big banner in front of the museum.

EXHIBITION OF MIDDLE AGES WEEK.

COME AND WITNESS MIDDLE AGES HERITAGE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.

OPENED FOR PUBLIC FROM MONDAY-FRIDAY 09.00-15.00 JUST FOR ONE WEEK.

FREE. ONLY AT SEOUL NATIONAL MUSEUM.

DON’T MISS IT.

 

Junghan never interested with something valued and historical, but this time he was interested with the content of  the banner. Maybe he was a bit influenced by his dreams. He dreamed about museum a lot and that disturbed his mind once again.

Is there something waiting me there?

 

Junghan sat  on a bench at campus’s park when two guys approached him.

“A-yo Junghan. Your meeting was finished?”  A tall guy named Mingyu, Junghan’s bestfriend, sat down besides him. Junghan nodded.

“What’s with that face?” Another bestfriend, Soonyoung, asked to Junghan.

“What face?”

“That...face.” Soonyoung’s face turned expressionless, mimicking Junghan. Mingyu laughed.

The pretty guy sighed. “I got that weird dream again last night.”

“Again?” Mingyu asked while checking his phone.

Junghan nodded.

“Wait. What dream? I left out here.”

Junghan then told his friends about his dreams. All of them, including the silver ring. He didn’t thought much about that ring earlier.

 

“Weird.” It’s the first word Soonyoung said after hear his bestfriend’s story.

“So, last night in your dream, finally you met a person, talked to him, hugged him, and even kissed him?” Mingyu asked with an amazed expression. Junghan nodded again.

“But, I think it’s just random dreams. Don’t think about it too serious. Maybe you watched fantasy movies too much. Who knows maybe you got that dreams because of The Lord of The Ring and Night at The Museum.” Soonyoung spoke again. Confident with his words.

“I also have that kind of thought, but.. ahh, I don’t know. My heart just can’t accept it.”

“Maybe he is your destiny?”

Soonyoung and Junghan turned their head simultaneously to Mingyu with disgusted expression.

“What? I can be true, right?”

“Do you remember his face?” Soonyoung asked, turned his head back to his pretty bestfriend in front of him.<

Please log in to read the full chapter