Chapter 8

Just One Day {BTS Yoongi}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Jaehee

I took a few breaths, in hopes of calming myself down. It was already bad enough that my heart was beating uncontrollably, but now I was out of breath, as well. How can a mere human have this effect on me?

I tiptoed my way to my room, but sadly, right as I was turning the door knob, I heard a cough from behind. I slowly turned around, already dreading the long talk that was awaiting ahead of me. I chuckled slightly, then gave Ailee a small, awkward smile.

She furrowed her eyebrows at me. "You are late," she stated, as a matter of fact.

I scratched the back of my head. "Evidently."

"I mean, I get that you were on a date, but like, can you call or something? I was worried." She sighed, then the lights and took a seat on the couch. "Come." She patted the spot next to her.

I obliged to her command immediately. "What do you want? I'm sleepy."

"Hey, Park Jaehee, even if you don't tell me who he is, you're still supposed to tell me about your date. How was it? Did you have fun? Tell me."

"Uhm." I my lips. "It was... alright?"

Ailee stared at me, as if waiting for me to continue, but when she saw that I remained quiet, she suddenly snapped. "Is that it? 'It was... alright?' Are you being serious right now?"

I nodded. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything." She grinned and pulled me closer to her. She tugged my arm twice.

I heaved a sigh. "We just went to a park. He really isn't someone as sociable, so you know..."

"And?"

I rolled my eyes. "We spent some time together, talking about life and stuff. I opened up to him about what happened back in high school. He also told me some things about himself. And..." I trailed off as I stared at the floor rather than Ailee and felt my face get hot.

"Wait, no way! He kissed you, didn't he?"

I turned to face her, and she was grinning like a mad woman. "I- he..."

"Oh, my God. Is he a good kisser? Did you enjoy it?"

Feeling greatly uncomfortable, I scratched my right temple. "Uh... it was just a sweet kiss... not really something too intense. Also, I sort of pushed him away right away."

"You kiss unknown guys every single time we go out, yet a person who genuinely seems to show interest, you reject. I don't understand you." She cocked an eyebrow, still looking at me with confusion in her eyes.

"I just... don't think I'm ready for any of that yet."

Ailee rolled her eyes. "Alright, Jay."

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm very exhausted and I want to go to bed." I gave her an awkward smile before getting back on my feet, ready to leave.

Before I could, though, she grabbed ahold of my wrist and pulled me back. "Don't do anything that you'll end up regretting, alright?"

I hummed as a response and made my way to my room. After shutting the door close, I plopped down on the bed and covered my face with a pillow.

"Why did I have to meet that stupid guy?" I asked myself in a low tone. I tossed the pillow across the room and kicked the air a few times. Once I had somewhat calmed down, I tranquilly stared at the ceiling and sighed.

This will be interesting.

•••

It had been almost two weeks since I had last spoken to Yoongi. Neither of us had texted or called each other, and it was good, at least for me. Whatever stupid feelings I had developed for him were long gone. Since it was just a silly sheepishness that had taken over me, I had managed to get rid of it in a matter of no time, thankfully.

I just continued living my own life, going to college, working on different assignments, and of course, going out with Ailee. Everything had gone back to normal, and I was honestly glad.

It was a mid-October Wednesday afternoon, and the air was crisp. I was sitting on one of the benches in campus, enjoying the beautiful scenery while drinking a cappuccino. As I was peacefully meditating, inhaling the pleasant smell of the wet grass and enjoying the warm drink that I had bought, I was suddenly startled when someone covered my eyes with their hands. This pair of hands were as soft as silk, but as cold as ice. I shivered, and almost immediately, found myself placing my hands over the person's.

"Who are you?" I asked with confusion enlaced to my voice.

I heard a weak chuckled. "Of course you wouldn't know." Slowly, the person uncovered my sight, and I was now aware of everything surrounding me.

I turned around, expecting to find anyone but the person my eyes fell on. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, come on, Jaehee, aren't you excited to see me?" He chuckled, taking a seat beside me.

I rolled my eyes, but soon after, found myself smiling. "What brings you here, Hyunwoo?"

"Am I not allowed to visit my friend?"

"What do you want?"

Hyunwoo was my childhood friend. Along with Ailee, he made my childhood and teenage years the best. Because we were close to each other since birth, our friendship was unbreakable. Less cannot be expected of a twenty year old

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter