Nine: gone

Still Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINE

gone

 

Dear Yoongi,

 

         It’s been another year Yoongi, and this was the next time I remembered you. Today, I had talked to Hoseok to tell him some good news, and he ended up mentioning you, so that’s why I’m writing to you right now.

 

         Yoongi, yesterday morning after waking up, Taehyung proposed to me. I wanted to let you know that I’ve given up already on waiting for you a long time ago. Now, yesterday’s episode lets me know that I have better things to wait on, and a better future to live for.

 

         I’ll make sure to live happily now, and I’m sure you would be happy for me if you were here, but you’re not. You didn’t come back. Now, I’ve been with Taehyung for over two years, and I’m sure I want to be with him for the rest of my life, just like I thought about you all those years ago.

 

         Yoongi, I’ve stopped apologizing, and I no longer will anymore. I feel like I don’t have to. I’ve been waiting on a spirit that will never show his actual face to me again, and I’ve realized that I wasted ten years of my life because of it.

 

         No one was ever able to sway me like Taehyung has, and I’m glad. If I had been anxious to move on before, I wouldn’t have met Taehyung, and I wouldn’t be living the life I’m living now.

 

         Yoongi, I hope you’ll wish the best for me, as I would do the same for you. I would wish you the best, but you can’t really have it.

 

         I won’t forget you this time, I’ll write again one last time soon. I promise.

 

Sincerely,

Jung Sunbi

 

 

He promised her it would be a year, and that’s what she would hold to him during their first year at university. Sunbi would need to keep those happy thoughts in her head that in a year, she would see Yoongi, and they would be married at that time. Either that, or they’d just be engaged for a while.

 

Either way, she would get to be with Yoongi forever one day. She had something great in her future to look forward to, so she couldn’t wait to get through this first year.

 

They were both standing outside the apartment building Yoongi resides in, giving themselves some time alone before Yoongi and his parents head off to the dorms to get him set up for the school year.

 

“I won’t be able to contact you much, but wait for me, please?” He asks again, making sure she remembers their deal, and the disappointment that would come if it never happened because they decided they wanted to be with other people.

 

“So you’ll be back for me in a year, promise?” Sunbi asks as well, nodding acceptingly to Yoongi’s question.

 

She wraps her arms around his waist and moves as close as she can to his body, looking up at him expectantly.

 

“A year tops,” he smiles, running his fingers through her hair. “I’ll be back for you in a year, I promise.”

 

Sunbi continues to hug Yoongi, smiling sadly until it turns into a frown. Only then does Yoongi do what he always does when they hug, and moves his face as close to hers, side-by-side, as he possibly can. She couldn’t believe he was leaving, and he couldn’t believe he wouldn’t see her for another year.

 

“So I’ll just wait, since I can’t talk with you much?”

 

"Yes, but don't just sit aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter