Eight: for now

Still Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT

for now

 

Dear Yoongi,

 

         Yoongi, it’s been a year since I last wrote you. That means me and Taehyung have been dating for around fourteen months. During the past year, I haven’t found any time to write you. I’ve been so busy with going out with Taehyung that I haven’t even thought about you at all, and for once, I’m not sorry.

 

         I’m not sorry, Yoongi, for doing something for myself that makes me happy. It’s been twelve years, but you haven’t come back, and I’m sure by now that you probably won’t, so I won’t regret giving up my apartment with all the things I did to it to prepare for your arrival.

 

         You may be wondering why I’m giving it up, and I won’t regret saying that after fourteen months of dating, I will be moving in with Taehyung at his apartment. We decided that since we already live right across from each other and I’ve been staying over at Taehyung’s apartment almost every night since almost three months ago, that it would only make sense if I stayed at his place. He has more room anyway.

 

         I honestly don’t know when the next time I’ll write you is because living with Taehyung will probably make me forget about you even more because my pictures of you and the both of us obviously aren’t going to be up in Taehyung’s apartment. That wouldn’t be fair to him.

 

         All of our photos are up in my apartment currently still. I honestly feel uncomfortable looking at them. Taehyung has allowed me to keep them up still, considering he knows it was hard for me to remove them the first time. Being at his place so often, though hasn’t really made me exposed to the photos because I rarely come home to my apartment, and even when I do, I just go straight to bed, or gather some things before heading over to Taehyung’s.

 

         It’s been a while since I’ve last written you; a year, but I don’t know when I’ll write you again. I don’t know if I’ll even write you again. I’ll probably be a lot busier now. I actually have to go move some of my stuff over and Taehyung’s here to help me, so until the next time I remember you, I guess.

 

Love,

Jung Sunbi

 

 

It was a stressful day for Sunbi, as the school year has officially ended, and she was currently trying to get herself through a crisis. The crisis was none other than trying to find ways in order to stay together with Yoongi during the first university school year, but it was not going well at all, just as she figured.

 

She didn’t want any help from anyone. She didn’t want any help from her parents, friends, or other family; not even Yoongi. Sunbi wanted to figure this out on her own, but she knew she wouldn’t be able to not discuss it with Yoongi. He’s the other half of those involved in this situation.  

 

Sunbi knows that she shouldn’t try so hard to do something so silly as find a way to stay together with her high school boyfriend, but to her, it was worth a shot. She loved Yoongi, and didn’t want to end up separating because of meeting other people just like her older brother did with his girlfriend.

 

Three years would go to waste if Sunbi let that happen.

 

Of course, when brought up to Yoongi the next day when he arrived at her home, he wasn’t exactly giving the best reaction to it.

 

“I thought we said we would wait for each other, Sunbi. You need to trust that I won’t find someone else. I trust you.” He told her, shutting her laptop when she showed him the list of options she wrote out.

 

“We could always get an apartment together.” She suggests, not even acknowledging what he just said, making him sigh.

 

Yoongi didn’t want to have to yell at her, but he felt like that might be the only way to get it through her head that there is no way they can stay together with each other during the school year. Plenty of couples go to different schools. Some break up, some stay together. He feels that they love each other enough to stay together, and it shouldn’t be a problem.

 

Sunbi doesn’t seem to think that way, though.

 

Yoongi had honestly thought about different options as well, but there was nothing he could find, nothing he could do. They had to live in the dorms of their universities in order to attend. Yoongi’s was just too far away, and Sunbi’s was always excited about moving into dorms with a roommate up until this past school year.

 

The year she finally realized she might not see Yoongi for a while.

 

“Sunbi…” he pauses, trying to think of a way to shut down her suggestion in a harmless way. “We can’t afford that. Plus, my university is farther and I’d have to wake up early to take a bus or subway.”

 

Sunbi tries to retaliate, but it’s no use, as Yoongi beats her to the chase.

 

“We can just go to university and stay in the dorms, ok?” He nods his head, eyebrows raised, seeing if she understands, but she just frowns and looks to the side.

 

He feels like he’s losing her because he doesn’t know what he should say next. He feels like whatever he says, it won’t get Sunbi to agre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter