One: ten years

Still Waiting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

ten years

 

Dear Yoongi,

 

         Yoongi, you said you would be back in one year to come get me. My heart would beat faster every day as it became closer to the date that you would come back. I kept a calendar; I studied hard like you said to. I did what you told me and I waited for you. I waited one year.

 

Yoongi, you said you would be back in in one year to come and get me, so we could get married. I waited, and waited like you said. I would spend my free time looking at wedding planning, even though I knew we couldn’t afford that kind of stuff at his moment in our lives. So you said we could get the official papers to be married, and we would have a wedding ceremony later in our lives when we had jobs and money to pay for it.

 

You promised.

 

One year, Yoongi, you said you would be back in one year to come get me, so we could get married.

 

That was when we were nineteen. I am turning twenty-nine in a week.

 

Yoongi, you said you would be back in a year…But it’s been ten…

 

And I’m still waiting.

 

                                             Love,

Jung Sunbi

 

 

Sunbi nods her head and smiles, thinking, it’s just one year. Yoongi smiles back at her, sadly as he knows he will have to depart from her soon. He doesn’t want that to happen, but it must. If they want to get married and spend the rest of their lives together, it has to happen, unfortunately.

 

However, Yoongi and Sunbi both believe that their love will hold on for that year, and then once they are married, it will hold on forever. At least, that’s what they can hope for in a time like this.

 

“I love you, so much, Sunbi. Please don’t think about other men while I’m away at University, please!” He pleads, jokingly, knowing that love is too strong in them for either of the two to turn away and look at someone else.

 

“Of course I won’t, Yoongi! And I love you, too. I just hope you don’t forget that during the times we can’t talk to each other.”

 

Just when Yoongi didn’t think that he could love the girl in front of him any more than he already did, she voices her worries over them not being able to declare their love for each other every night. He adores that about her, and he knows he’ll never stop loving her.

 

“Well, I guess you have to leave now. I’ll miss you a lot, you know that?” Sunbi wraps her arms around Yoongi’s waist and presses her body against his as close as she possibly can. He laughs sadly, with tears filling into his eyes that Sunbi notices, which forms some of her own.

 

“Of course I know that because I’ll be missing you just as much. I love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter