Kuro (Blackie)

Infinitely Yours [Main OTP3 One-Shot Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kuro (Blackie) - Pairing: Myungyeol, Genre: Supernatural, Fluff, Words: 5 569, Release Date: 31.07.2016
Synopsis: Lee Sungyeol really likes cats and Kim Myungsoo wants to become one for at least a day. Somehow, his wish was granted.

* inspiration for this one shot ~ Credit for picture (gyuseu)

“What in the world is that?” Myungsoo questioned, the second Sungyeol let him in.

“Oh, right. Say hello to Jureumi!” Sungyeol beamed at his boyfriend.


What’s with that weird name? “It still doesn’t ring a bell. What’s that thing? It looks like it’s been skinned alive!” Myungsoo retorted, as he started taking off his shoes.

“W-what? Can’t you be a little nicer, Myungsoo?? It’s my new cat!” Sungyeol whined, as he petted his new pet’s head.

“It’s ugly.” Myungsoo spat, while looking in the other’s eyes.

“What did you just say?”

“You heard me.” Sungyeol let down his cat and threw a shoe in Myungsoo’s face. “Yah! What are you doing?!”

“It’s always like this! I just ask of you to greet my pet like a normal person, but you can’t even do that! While I always have to be sooo nice and say that every picture you take is pure perfection! Come on, who stops in the middle of the street to take photos of some hideous cables, taking 50 shots from different angles! It’s meaningless and stupid! But you always expect me to say ‘Ah, good job Myungsoo.’, just to boast your confidence.”

Myungsoo’s frown became deeper and deeper with each word that left the other’s mouth. “So you think my photos are not good enough? That I ?”

“What? That’s not what I said, I just-”

“I’m done with this. Thank you for sharing your real thoughts.” Myungsoo said calmly, but it was obvious he was angry. He put his shoes back on and threw one last glance at Sungyeol. “Don’t call me for a while, I don’t want to see your face.” Myungsoo finished off, as he opened the door and slammed it in his boyfriend’s face.

Sungyeol just stood at the entrance, blankly staring at the door. What did just happen?





Why isn’t he calling me??? Four days had passed since his little argument with Sungyeol and Myungsoo was starting to get worried now. Whenever they fought, Myungsoo was always the one to lose his temper, say something stupid and exit the scene seconds later. However, no matter how much he had offended his boyfriend, Sungyeol always called him on the next day, apologizing and wanting to meet him. Myungsoo always felt bad whenever he got angry at Sungyeol for no obvious reason, but his boyfriend always gave in and called Myungso first. But not this time. Four days… I haven’t seen his face or heard his voice in four damn days! I did tell him not to call me, but he knows I was just saying that! Is it because of that stupid cat?? Sungyeol had always been a cat lover, he always stopped on the street to play with the stray cats and had about 100 albums on his laptop fuilled with their pictures. This was currently Sungyeol’s second cat, but Myungsoo really couldn’t understand what his boyfriend found in the wrinkly weird-looking animal. I really miss him though. Myungsoo sighed and rolled around in his bed. Maybe if I turned into a cat for one day, I would be able to understand better? Why Sungyeol likes them so much… His eyelids grew heavier and he slowly closed his eyes, thinking about his boyfriend non-stop in the past four days had exhausted him. I hope he calls tomorrow.



The morning arrived too fast for Myungsoo’s liking, as he felt that the sun was shining on his face. He tried to rub his head, but he just scratched it with his nails. Weird. He thought, as he slowly lifted his body and opened his eyes. Eh? Why is everything so big? Am I still dreaming or something? He yawned, but instead of his voice he heard the meowing of a cat. His eyes frantically shifted around the room, looking for the source of the noise, but he couldn’t see a cat in his room. Weird. He thought again, as he tried to rub his eyes this time and then he felt it. Instead of a hand, something just like a cat’s paw touched his nose and Myungsoo looked down at his own body. His eyes widened and he jumped from his spot. What the hell?? What the hell?? What the heeelll?!?! His hands and legs were replaced with little paws and no matter how impossible it sounded, his body was one of a cat. He quickly got up from the bed and went straight to the mirror. When he reached it, the horror in his eyes became ever more evident, because he was not looking at himself, the reflection in the mirror showed him one black cat. No, no, no! What is happening?? Myungsoo tried to speak, but sadly nothing except meows left his lips. He got closer to the mirror and looked at his reflection. He perked his ears a bit and waved around his tail. W-wah! This is so strange! Myungsoo understood why everything in his room seemed so big all of a sudden - he had just turned into something really small. He turned around and around, but he couldn’t see another color on his fur – he was all black. He wondered once again why this was happening to him, when he remembered his words from last night. ‘Maybe if I turned into a cat for one day, I would be able to understand better?’ His heart clenched when he remembered that Sungyeol still hadn’t contacted him. He glanced at the kitchen window, which he left open last night and with a few swiftly moves, he was already out of the house. I have to see him, now!



Even though he ran, he still didn’t arrive at Sungyeol’s place as fast as he wanted. Totally much slower than the bus or a car. He knew that his boyfriend always left his bedroom window open and Myungsoo quickly invited himself in. He smiled right away when he spotted his boyfriend, still soundly sleeping on his bed. His blanket as per usual was kicked off the bed and Sungyeol’s shirt was slightly lifted up, exposing his belly. At least he should close the window, he’s going to catch a cold like this. Myungsoo noted worriedly to himself, as he climbed on the bed. He started poking Sungyeol with his slightly wet nose and the boy stirred in his sleep. Come on, Yeol! Wake up! Myungsoo bit his boyfriend’s neck and the boy rose up instantly.

Sungyeol rubbed his neck and thought he had just imagined teeth grazing over his skin, when he looked to the left and saw a black cat sitting on his bed. His eyes widened or more like sparkled with excitement, as he picked up the animal from his bed. “Oh my gooosh, who are you and what are you doing here??”

I’m Myungsoo. Isn’t it obvious??

The cat just meowed something and Sungyeol squealed at the sight. “Awww, you are sooo cuuute!!!!” He cheered, as he hugged the animal tightly.

Sungyeol! I can’t breathe! Let go of me!! Myungsoo whined, but Sungyeol couldn’t understand his words.

The boy heard the loud cries of the cat in his arms and carefully placed it down on his bed. “Sorry about that, I didn’t mean to frighten you.” He smiled, as he patted the animal’s head lovingly. “But how did you get in?”

You always leave your window open! Myungsoo nagged, narrowing his eyes at the other.

Sungyeol followed the cat’s gaze and saw his opened window. “Oh, right. I never close it.” He lowered his body a bit and stared curiously at the cat. “It’s quite fascinating though. I almost feel like you can understand me. Can you?” The animal nodded and Sungyeol gasped in surprised. “Waaa, you must be really smart!”Sungyeol rubbed the cat under its chin and the animal purred in delight. 

This feels really good. Myungsoo thought, as he closed his eyes enjoying the new sensation.

Sungyeol smiled and inspected the animal’s neck. He doesn’t have a collar, but he certainly doesn’t look a stray cat. Where did you come from, little one? He noticed that the kitty’s fur was all black and it suddenly reminded him of someone who always wore black clothes. “Myungsoo…” His words came out as a fair whisper, but the cat’s hearing was really sharp.

Myungsoo instantly opened his eyes at the call of his name. He looked into his boyfriend’s eyes and noticed the sadness, which they were conveying. You recognize me now? Myungsoo asked, full of hopes.

Sungyeol stopped petting the cat and slapped his cheeks. “Sorry, you just kind of reminded me of my boyfriend. He’s always dressed in black just like you.”

Myungsoo was just about to speak again, when suddenly something stepped on his tail. Ow! He cried out in pain and turned around. He saw that Jureumi was practically bouncing on his tail repeatedly, so Myungsoo quickly moved away and yelled at the other animal. Yah! Leave me alone! The other cat just hissed at him, baring its fangs but Myungsoo couldn’t understand a thing. Right, I’m not a real cat. Even though I can’t speak like a human right now, I can’t understand the cats’ language. Myungsoo shuddered at the thought though. But I am a cat right now, aren’t I? W-what if I stay like this forever?? What if I can’t talk to Sungyeol again?? Embrace him?? Tell him how much I-

Suddenly Sungyeol picked him up and headed towards the bathroom. Jureumi followed behind them, but Sungyeol just smiled and told his cat to wait patiently for its breakfast. He closed the bathroom door and took off his shirt. “I don’t know how you’ll behave, so I think I’m better off without this.” He teasingly said, as he poked Myungsoo’s nose.

Y-yeol, what are you doing?? If Myungsoo was in his human form, he was probably going to blush at the sight. Of course, he had seen Sungyeol many times, but it was usually when he himself took off his boyfriend’s shirt or when he practically begged Sunyeol to do it and seeing how easily he discarded it on the floor right now, it didn’t make him feel verygood. T-those lucky cats!! Myungsoo didn’t even notice when Sungyeol filled the bathtub, but seconds later he was already inside, splashing the water in all directions. Sungyeol, it’s cold!

Sungyeol noticed that the animal in his hands struggled a bit too much, so he adjusted the water temperature and it calmed down the kitty. He couldn’t help, but laugh though. “You are just like Myungsoo! He always showers with hot water, even in the summer!”

Well, of course I will. I don’t like cold water! Myungsoo nagged again and his boyfriend poured some shampoo over his head.

“Stay still now. You really don’t look like a homeless cat, but I can’t be too sure since you don’t have a collar. So giving you a proper bath is a must.” He rubbed the cat’s face and it once again purred in his hands. Sungyeol moved to the body and carefully washed the tail.

S-stop it, Yeol! Ahaha, it tickles!! Myungsoo laughed, but to Sungyeol’s ear it was just another cute meow.

“You like that, huh?”

Yes, yes! A loot! I never knew tails could be this sensitive! Myungsoo certainly enjoyed this bath, but was kind of saddened by the fact that he and Sungyeol rarely showered together. His boyfriend always said that it would be embarrassing, so they showered one after another most of the time.

Sungyeol smiled at the yet another positive response and washed away the remaining shampoo. He picked up the kitty and wrapped a towel around it. He walked out of the bathroom and was greeted by his own cat, impatiently waiting for him. He sat on the couch and Jureumi jumped next to him. Sungyeol started drying off Myungsoo’s fur, but he stopped after a few seconds, intensely staring at the animal before him. “You know what? My boyfriend is really good at Japanese and he teaches me some words from time to time. I think I knew how black was… but what was it again?” He seemed to be in deep thought and Myungsoo just rolled his eyes.

Kuro, kuro, kuuurro!!! It’s one of the easiest words, Sungyeol! How can you forget it??

Sungyeol let out a few incoherent mumbles, before his face finally lit up in realization. “Ah, I finally remembered! It’s Kuro.”

Yes! Good job, Yeol! Myungsoo bobbed his head up and down in agreement.

“I know you probably have a name, but I’ll call you Kuro, okay? I think it totally fits you. But maybe we should look for your owner first?” Myungsoo shook his head and jumped in Sunyeol’s lap.

He settled down and Sungyeol ran his fingers through his fur. Ah, it’s so nice.

“Seems like you really want to stay here, huh? Okay, just for today I guess.”



After drying Myungsoo, Sungyeol headed to the kitchen to have breakfast and feed Jureumi as well. He gave some cat food to Myungsoo as well, but he refused to eat it. He was no cat after all and now Sungyeol and his two little friends were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter